Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover Range Rover/Sport Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Thanks Roverboy, Any idea what the current MF rates and Residual should be? Also, does Land Rover do multiple security deposits like BMW in order to bring the MF down?
    Thanks again.
  • Please understand that residuals are set from the bank and they can't be adjusted. The reason that residual seems high is because it is for a low mileage 10,500 miles a year lease. The published residual rates are for 15,000 miles a year. LRCG increases the residual by 3 percentage points for a 10,500 miles a year lease.

Secondly interest rates have gone down but Land Rover lease programs are quarterly and the big interest rate drops happened after the start of the quarter. Land Rover won't adjust the lease programs till after the end of the quarter.

And lastly Land Rover leases are always going to be higher on a similar MSRP vehicle compared to BMW, Audi, Mercedes etc. because Land Rover's volume is so much lower. Land Rover can't afford to put all the incentives behind the lease that the other makes do.
  • which will be more reliable?

I have been dealing with my local dealer in Nashville, tn (my experience with them so far has been a joke) but it seems that a certified vehicle from them is the way to go . What I really want to know is which of the 2 lux vehix would be the better choice from a repair and maintenance standpoint. I've heard mixed reviews?? Please help.
  • bbeezybbeezy Posts: 2
    Hello All, I'm new to the forum. I'm just looking for advice on purchasing my first Range Rover. I want to purchase in mid-May. I live in the New Orleans area if that helps at all. Thanks in advance.
  • what type of help do you need. I sell them in Frisco Texas.
  • bbeezybbeezy Posts: 2
    I'll just give you my situation. This will be my first new car and I don't want to be taken advantage. I just want to know how to get a fair deal. I want to put a large down payment and pay a monthly note under $950. I have a below average credit score, but my wife score is perfect. Just looking for a head start in the right direction. Thanks in advance for you help.

B.Brown
  • gregor24gregor24 Posts: 3
    I just signed a deal on a 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE, Lux Pkg, SAT, Rear Entertainment. 15k miles/year.

30 months at $969+tax

Drive off (1st month, 595 bank fee, DMV fees) = 2,000

MSRP $64,900
    Price $60,395
    Residual 60%
    MF .00267

Let me know what you think.
  • bbraunbbraun Posts: 1
    Am hoping people with knowledge of plan pricing...specifically X and A can tell me how to get it. I know for plan A you need a pin number. Need serious information on how to get this pricing.
    Thanks in advance.
  • IN ORDER TO GET AN X PLAN YOU HAVE TO BE A FRIEND OF SOMEONE WHO WORKS FOR A FORD AFFILIATE. IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE THAT DOES HAVE THEM CONTACT THEIR FORD REP. WHICH IS SOMEONE AT THE OFFICE OR THEY CAN GET IT BY GOING
    https://www.myplan.ford.com/myplanweb/login.do IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE LOGIN IN THEN CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT
    http://www.ford.com/purchasing-options/vehicle-purchase-programs/friends-and-nei- ghbors-program/vehicle-discounts-127p
    YOU WILL NEED THE EMPLOYEE TO GIVER THEIR SOCIAL AND HAVE THEM PUT THE PIN NUMBER IN YOUR NAME WITH YOUR SOCIAL. I THINK BUYING ONE IS 4% OVER INVOICE. MINUS ANY REBATES OR INCENTIVES WE HAVE IF THE DEALER WILL LET YOU DO IT.
    I HOPE THIS HELPS. MOST OF THE CUSTOMERS ALREADY HAVE A PIN NUMBER.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    I just want to know when will there be a redesigned of range rover sport
    and the range rover vogue?
  • 2009 will have a minor front end change. There are some spy photos out there already. Its a very minor cosmetic change.
    Ur talking about the sport rite? so when will there be a redesign?

And what about the vogue when will be the redesign?
  • has anybody been able to negotiate 5-7% off sticker on a rr hse w/ luxury on the west coast?
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    Well 7% off would be just about invoice so I wouldn't expect that at all.
  • gtmaguiregtmaguire Posts: 22
    Okay buying my RRS tomorrow. 60,400. Lux, rearseat, sat radio. I am in the northeast. MSRP is 64,400. Good, okay, or pull back and negotiate a lower price? Also buying cash.
    If you buy it do remember to post your experience is it the supercharged?
  • bully5bully5 Posts: 6
    Hi

i have receieved a quotation from these folks on a new RR.

My question is does anyone have experience of buying from them, are they legitimate, reliable etc?

Their pricing appears better than the dealer, although not by much.

Any feedback much appreciated.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,599
    I do see some anecdotal feedback on them..

If you don't like negotiating, and you want someone to take care of everything for you, then they seem to do okay... But, if you are looking for a skinny deal, and it looks like they aren't going to make a lot on the deal, then you get shuffled down to the bottom of the pile.. E-mails and phone calls go unanswered, etc..

In my opinion, a broker just adds cost to the equation.. If you are willing to pay that cost, they'll fall all over themselves trying to help you out.. If you are looking for a good deal, then you'll likely get worse service than you would going directly to the dealership..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Also Land Rover dealers are not even supposed to sell to brokers. We get a couple of bulletins a year reminding us of this and their are some rather harsh penalties associated with it. Makes me think that any dealer willing to skirt the rules to sell to a broker isn't going to offer up a very good deal in the first place.
  • bully5bully5 Posts: 6
    Many thanks. I agree about the whole broker thing.
    In this case, the dealer cannot seem to match the fleetrates price. I am going to put one more call into the dealer to see if they will budge.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,599
    Don't burn any bridges with your dealer... You may find that fleetrates can't deliver on that low price that they promise upfront..

Good luck, either way..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• saedimdsaedimd Posts: 1
    Want to buy a basic Range Rover HSE 15K miles/month. I live in California- I got a rate of 5000 down and 1100 month for 30 months through a broker- but it seemed questionable. What is the going rate now. I hear that it has gotten more expensive since Tata took over the company in the last one month. Any advise on which dealership in California is best. Any help would be greatly appreciated- I'm buying in two weeks. Thanks and if you know the buy rate for 15k 30 or 36 months- please post
  • fallon511fallon511 Posts: 4
    I have been offered a $7500.00 discount off of the 2008 LR3, I was told that this is the new May incentive. Has anyone else been offered the same or more?
    Are you in Texas by chance? There is some kind of pilot program there with large incentives but it doesn't exist in any other state.

There is some owner loyalty money and really complicated lease cash money that can be used as a discount to the car but only when using a non-land rover lease.

Are you leasing the LR3?
  • fallon511fallon511 Posts: 4
    Im in Maryland. It is $7500.00 lease cash when using a non-land rover lease. There is also $3000.00 owner loyalty money.
  • donchardonchar Posts: 22
    What is the typical dealer markup on a used RRS.SC? I want to figure out what negotiating room I have. Socal area. Thanks for the help!
  • roverboyroverboy Posts: 26
    that's a good deal. I'm paying $930 per month out the door for the same truck, 2007 model, and that includes tax and no down payment other than Destination fee, registration, etc... You should be happy you got that deal. I was on X plan.
  • jbratxjbratx Posts: 40
    Does anyone know when the 2009s will be available?
  • shimpshimp Posts: 2
    Thanks for the great help I get on these forums.

I am looking to lease a RRS and these are the lease quotes.

24mo. 12k Miles RRS with rear entertainment and Luxury Quoted $58000 $1034 per mo. no money out of pocket

Same deal 30months $940.00 both include my local tax 7%

---OR--

RRS Supercharged Loaded (Owners demo with 7K miles) - Quoted $67,000 24mo. 12K $1340 or $1064 30mo.

Just wondering if this is a good deal?

Thanks SO much!!

Jim
  • kpeterskpeters Posts: 11
    Hello I have been looking at the 07 or 08 bmw x5 4.8 and Range Rover Sport, I like both and pluses and minues to both. I need to decide in next few days,,

x5--I like the performance, german design, especially the interior! my wife said though it looks more like a soccer mom's car which I dont agree with given its a 4.8 which I think looks cool and masculine. I have mostly seen guys drives these..
    Range Rover Spor--I love the exterior look of these! Hate the interior, very booring and all plastic. Handeling is pretty good for a large SUV but no as agile as the x5.

any help and or advice is much appreciated!! thanks