Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isuzu Rodeo Check Engine Light

Comments

• To check, change, or just fill the trans fluid you have to find the trans fluid tank under the truck. On the bottom of the pan there are 2 nuts. One is to drain, and one is to fill. You need a mechanics syringe in order to fill. If you take it to have your fluids changed ask them if they know how to change your tranny fluid. It is funny to watch them look for a dip stick after they tell you they changed all of your fluids. Anyways, if this wasn't helpful enough- sorry- but you can also google "how to change transmission fluid in Isuzu (and the make of you truck). and it tells you how to do it. That is where I found out.
  • the code indicates that you have a camshaft position sensor, low input. check the wires and make sure that there isn't a short, you might want to change the sensor just to be sure.
  • I read on gas cap to turn 3 clicks and since then my check engine light has not come on ever again. before that, it would come on here and there until I filled the gas tank. But I read about this 3 clicks and saw that also the attendant who pumped my gas did this and never had issue since.
  • Almost since I bought the car, my ABS light comes on and off.
    I thought it was my breaks but have had them checked and no problem.
  • My rear lights go out, all except the top light above the back window, whenever I step on the brake.
    My car is still under warranty so hope this is covered. My electric car key is also not working, but that has been the case for almost 2 years.
    This recent problem has just started. I have only 38,000 miles on my car, but had it shipped from hawaii to california recently.
  • 1999 rodeo blinkers and heater fan quit at the same time..here what I know so far.
    1 I checked all the fuses and they were good
    2.checked the flasher and replaced it just to be safe.
    3.Hazard flashers are operational
    4. Think that could possibly be a ground wire gone bad. but were to start?

I am looking for any other good Ideas on what to check ...this problem is going to be a big drill down so I am look anyone who has experience these problems.
  • well the key issue could just be a battery in the key that activates door lock and the like. take the key to a lock smith and he will replace the battery for you.

the other problem is best handled by a auto-electric shop or a dealership is sounds like you have a short in the wiring somewhere
  • penny46penny46 Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Rodeo that I had to put in a new engine. The motor is from a 2002 Rodeo. They used the wiring harness from the 2002 that has 2 speed sensors. The 2000 only has one. The check engine light stays one and it codes for the one sensor it doesn't have. Does anyone know how I can get the check engine off or bypass the other speed sensor? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Help! I'm at my wits end. I can't get my Rodeo inspected because the check engine light will not go out. I've taken it to two car repair places and all they can tell me is that the computer won't let them override the light. It runs fine and I think the light is just a glitch in the car but I've already got two tickets for expired inspection and I don't know what to do. Can anyone offer me some suggestions?

P.S.
    I tried the gas cap thing. No luck. :cry:
  • mohandismohandis Posts: 2
    Experienced the same problem twice. Onboard analyzer points to loose gas cap - First, the original cap has the rubber seal twisted. Second, the cap was not seated properly. Check rubber seal often and rotate cap three times when you place it back.
  • justagirl7justagirl7 Posts: 9
    Since posting this question, I checed my gas cap and it states on the cap to turn until 3 clicks. Once I did this, no more check engine light until I forgot one day to turn cap three clicks.
  • I was having all sorts of reduced power, acceleration and stall problems. My mechanic said the wire harness on my 2001 Rodeo V6 with 99,500 miles whcih i just bought was falling apart and had been repired many times. So i bouhgt the new one and when my mechanic gave me the car he said was a hesitating at lower speeds and he checked the code which was a 300 which he said didn't have a diagnostic explanation. So he told me to put in a can of injector cleanrer. I told him i heard that the grounds need to be checked. He cleaned the 4 grounds on top of the engine and most of the hesitation is gone but now the CEL light is on. When i accelerate the CEL blinks but goes back on when the foot is off the acelerator. It idles fine just those little jumps at low speeds and the light is on. Are there more than just the four grounds to be cleaned? He also told me that he replaced the 2 front Oxygen sensors with Bosch sensors could this be the problem
  • ntclntcl Posts: 5
    We have the same problem. so I bought a OBDll code reader $30,and with this tool you plug it in under the dash below the steering column . This will read all error codes and tell you what it may be,but you can also erase the error code which in turn will shut off the check engine light for a day or so,enough time too get it inspected. Hope this helps. WE do this every time inspection comes due,our error code is for the EGR valve which would cost me around $200 to fix.
  • any hint how to change 1998 Isuzu Rodeo manifold gasket
  • the check engine light comes on for bout 10 sec then goes off went to have the code read and two diff places couldnt find the place to retrive them i cant seem to locate it either any ideas were this hub is hidding
  • I just brought a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo and my 30 days are almost up and I need to get this thing registers but the check engine light is still on. I keep getting a EGR/ air flow reading, I have replace the fuel pump, and I have brought a new EGR valve. The check engine light just went off briefly yesterday, but it was late and by the time I got in there to drive again it was back on. I took it to AutoZone and the reading was still the same thing the EGR - air flow. I don't know what to try next, I keep buying the fuel injection cleaner, because everyone keep saying that I need to drive it cause it has a build up. It does have very high miles. I need a quick fix so I can pass the emissions test. HELP!
  • I have a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo, it has been a great car. The check engine light just popped on and I don't want to take it into the auto shop just for them to tell me a bunch of stuff is wrong. Car still runs great, the light popped on yesterday. Any ideas on what it could be? I have about a 600 mile round trip coming up pretty soon...want to find out before i go on it.

Thanks
  • did you ever get it fixed?
  • ntclntcl Posts: 5
    I will get back with you asp.
  • Turned out to be my Ignition Switch causing the Check Trans and Curise Set coming on. They found the problem by turning my key slightly forward. Only took 5 weeks and $489...