Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Ford Super Duty

Comments

• fordz1, I DIDN`T ABUSE MY TRUCK, AN WHEN YOU BUY A 450 AN UP, ITS A COMMERCIAL TRUCK, ITS SUPPOSE TO BE A WORK HORSE, OTHER WISE DON`T ADVERTISE THAT LIKE IT`S SUPPOSE TO DO SO MUCH. THE PRICE YOUR PAYING FOR THIS TRUCK, SHOULDN`T BE SO HIGH !
  • YOU MAY HAVE A CYLINDER MISSING, HAVE A DIAGNOSTIC CHECK DONE, THE DEALERSHIP SERVICE ISN`T GOING TO TELL YOU EVERYTHING OTHERWISE YOUR TRUCK WOULD HAVE BEEN REPAIRED, DON`T TRY TO GO A TOP CABBAGE WITH THAT TRUCK IF ITS ACTING LIKE THAT, ALSO IF SMOKE IS COMING OUT OF YOUR TAIL PIPE FREQUENT, AND IF ITS LIKE LIGHT BLUE ALMOST WHITE, YOUR TURBOS ARE BAD AN MAY BE GETTING READY TO BLOW, THATS SOMETHING YOUR DEALERSHIP MAY NOT KNOW. NONE OF THEM COULD TELL ME THE PROBLEM. THEY JUST KEPT CHANGING SENSORS ALSO TELLING ME IT WAS THE REGEN CYCLE, SO, I WISH YOU LUCK. FIND A GOOD DIESEL TECH TO CHECK IT OUT, DON`T LET HIM DO ANY WORK TO IT. UNLESS IT LIKE CHANGING THE OIL OR FUEL FILTER.
  • WELL, GOOD LUCK WITH IT. I HOPE YOU HAVE SUCCESS WITH IT.
  • I have a 2005 F-250 with a limited slip and 4:10 gears. Ford has replaced or re-adjusted the clutches three times because only one wheel would drive on slippy conditions i.e, mud , loose gravel,wet grass, snow and ice. This was done at 17k, 24k, 27k and now at 33K the problem is back. This truck has never seen any work other than towing a couple of ATV's or boat once in a great while. The truck is equipped with a plow ( but I have no plow) and trailering pkg and V10. I owned a 2001 with the same set up and never had any issues. I liked the truck so much and brought this one new in 05. The dealer has "Closed" and the service manager at another Ford dealership is getting no where with the Ford Reps or Zone managers. Has anyone else had this problem and were your able to get Ford to stand behind the problem? Thanks for any information.
  • oljaolja Posts: 1
    First, sorry for my english.

I live in Europe and I have Ford Super Duty F-350 Diesel (I bougt car in USA). In my country fuel oil (naphta) is very bed and my car first start to smoke and in control table blinked yeloow spark. Now, my car turn off rigt away i start, and after severel times car work but when I press gas pedal car turn off. Now car is in Sarajevo in Ford servis, but it`s seems that they haven`t computer program for this car and I don`t now what to do.

We clined filters recently.
  • dbweaverdbweaver Posts: 88
    I guess I have been one of the lucky ones so far too. I have 68,000 miles on my truck now. I work it hard everyday. I tow 5 to 10,000lbs 75 to 80mph for 735miles at a time for the past few weeks. My truck weighs well over 10k without a trailer. I love this truck! Most cars can't pass it from a 70mph kick. I haven't had any problems so far.
  • I have a 2008 f-350 diesel and have noticed problems for a while now. I have done all of my oil changes except for my first one. When I finally did it myself I noticed that when I went to dump old oil into jugs that I had roughly five extra quarts. So didn't do anything about it figured that dealership put to much in when they did it the first time. When it came around again same problem. Brought it to dealer they said level was fine. Ive done it about four times myself now and the last time it had almost seven extra quarts. I believed that I was getting diesel fuel into my oil and it somehow was reasoning for bad mileage. I get around 10 combined. Then about six months ago I turned heat on one cold morning and lost heat after about two minutes. Did it for couple days in a row, asked around they said check anitfreeze it was low put a whole gallon in and instant heat. Two months later same problem another gallon. Week after that same thing but two and a half gallons. Now like a gallon a week it seems. I have no leaks anywhere. No sensors or warning lights come on. Temperature gauge is fine. I havent had time to bring to dealer but now wonder if its getting into oil. I can smell it inside and outside of my truck. Blown head gasket someone meantioned it could be. It regenerates every time I am in truck. Used to blow white smoke out everytime until I brought to dealer first time about oil, no white smoke since then just regen every time I am in it. Feels like I have no turbo. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
  • LAKERSC, YOU HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM. YOU DO HAVE FUEL LEAKING IN YOUR OIL, AN THERE IS A STRONG POSSIBILITY THAT YOUR TURBOS ARE ABOUT TO BLOW, AND FORD WILL SAY YOU DIDN`T KEEP MAINTENANCE UP ON YOUR TRUCK AND THEY WILL SAY IT`S YOUR FAULT. I`VE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM AND MANY MORE. IF YOU WANT, YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT MRHURRICANE1@YMAIL.COM.
  • baf70baf70 Posts: 1
    We are on our third engine with our 2008 F350 truck. Great truck and very Ford loyal, however, just can't seem to keep it out of the dealership. First time big trouble happened was at 37,000 miles. Total engine failure with #2 & #8 cylinders completely melted among several other things wrong. Stuck on the most dangerous part of our I-80 freeway. Towed in after a complete down day in regards to work! Ford warranty replaced the entire engine. Gee - it was only in the repair shop for 33 days! Second big trouble was at 68,000 when the same problem occured. #2 cylinder melted and complete enginer failure - on the hook again to the dealership - to our surprise of about 2 additional gallons of oil (fuel) in the thing! Again Ford warranty covered it - only in the shop for over two weeks this time around! Now 1400 miles later (on this third engine) its back to the dealership with a major oil leak and possibly fuel in the oil again. We've lost (our best guess) about one gallon of oil (all over the undercarrage and on our driveway) and the stick is reading full! Imagine that. Contacted Ford Motor and got a customer rep assigned a while back which is basically there and paid to here my story/complaints. Thats it! Because we are a small business with more than five vehicles registered in the state of CA - we don't even qualify for the lemon law...... any advice on what to do next???
  • WELL YOU HAVE TO GET AN ATTORNEY TO HANDLE YOUR CASE, AT LEAST THEY PUT ANOTHER ENGINE IN YOURS. THEY CANCELLED MY WARRANTY IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK EMAIL ME AT MRHURRICANE@YMAIL.COM
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    As noted in the post box instructions, we ask that you NOT put your email address in your messages. If you want someone to contact you, you can either make your email address in your profile "public" (using the Forum Preferences link in the right-margin Forum Tools area), or you can simply use your built-in CarSpace email address that is your username at carspace.com - this will come to your CarSpace page (carspace.com/username) or you can set it to automatically forward to your regular email (use the Settings link towards the top right of your CarSpace page).

Thanks!
    kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • Does anyone have any intel on the availability of XM sat radio regarding the in dash unit in my 2008 F250 Super Duty. I have the unit with AM/FM/CD/NAV/Rear DVD video! I've been told that somewhere on this unit there exist a XM sat receiver? The dealership tried to sell me some wire bundle that they said cost $400.00 in order to hook up the XM to the existing unit. For the life of me I can't find any intel. I need someone to help who knows this model and year for this project. I travel through the desert often where there is no normal radio signal and would like to enjoy this feature. My only current option is to install a portable XM receiver and install an XM antenae to the roof for strong reception. Greatly appreciate any assistance regarding this issue. Somewhat frustrated with this at the moment.
  • fordz1fordz1 Posts: 24
    I thought the Factory nav system came with Sirius sat radio pre-wired? If that's the case you should check that first before spending $400.00 on something you might not need. Unlesss you really want XM there isn't much difference between the two. Just a thought.
  • Your right really doesn't matter, but how do I confirm this is true? The dealer is no help! And there is no indication on the radio head unit that Sirius exists? Thanks for your help fordz1!
  • I have the factory in dash nav system and radio in my truck. sirius radio was part of that package. On my truck if you push the media button on the radio it brings up a screen that has AM FM1 FM2 CD SR LINE IN at the top of the screen. SR is for sirrus radio By pushing SR on the screen it takes you to sirius radio. If you have sirrus hooked up but no subscription a message will appear with a phone number to call sirius to activate the system. If their is no receiver you will get a message to the effect this function not available. Hope this is some help.
  • I have an 08 f350, my 2nd radiator is now leaking. Only 33K miles
  • Has anyone deleted the DPF on their 6.4 powerstroke? I have heard of 19mpg with a new exhaust, intake and tuner plus around 600hp. I have the intake and a tuner but I haven't touched the exhaust, yet. What have you heard about it?
  • I have an 09 F250 that I bought new about a month ago. When I start it up and its idling there is a vibrating comming from the front of the drivers side dash. I have islolated it to the defroster vent opening and noticed that the plastic dash dips down there and almost makes contact with the defroster vent and vibrates against each other at times. I have looked at other F250 08's and 09"s and this seems to be common on the dash, maybe just the way they were cast but very annoying. I am not sure if its just because of the diesel engine vibrating more or not. Has anyone else had this issue of any suggestions for remedy. Not really big on taking it to the dealer and having them mess with it, may just end up with more rattles. Anys suggestions appreciated...
  • I just traded my DPF and catalytic converter for a four inch staight pipe. I cannot believe the difference. It sounds awesome. The power increase is almost scary. I'll leave new fuel mileage in a few days.
  • Just took the my 08 F250 with 42K miles to the dealership and I have a radiator leak. I don't have extended warranty. Does anyone have any suggestions. In reading this forum, it appears that many of you have had this issue. I did get some recall fix with some valve back in Jan 09. But geez, very new truck and already a radiator problem.
  • What reprograming did you do? Have you had any radiator problems? I have a 2008 F350 with 37300, I get on average 8-9 MPG my Ford dealer says that they don't quote MPG on my truck. I noticed a small coolant leak and took it in today to Ford thay say they think it is a valve that they replaced on a recall and it will be covered under the recall work, but the wanted $270 to check it out. Any one have any luck going to Ford?
  • fordz1fordz1 Posts: 24
    My 08 is leaking coolant somewhere. I just put it in the shop today, and was told since my truck is under warrenty they would cover all leaks under the factory warrenty. Once the warranty is up you are on you own unless you have ESP. The radiators are known to leake so it should be taken care of until the problem is resolved.
  • It was a factory program update. Read page 14 in this forum. I have 78,500 miles on my truck now. I have probably added about 1 gallon of coolant now. I have not saw anywhere it is leaking though. Where on the radiator is your leak?
  • It is leaking on the passenger side.
  • I have an 08 350 diesel. I posted months ago about my oil level and my coolant level. I brought it in and I need a new radiator which isn't covered and is $1100. I have 49k on it and have been putting coolant in for a year and a half now. Didn't start leaking until about two months ago so I think there is more to the problem. Also about my oil level I would get out about 22 quarts when I changed it. They said it was a high pressure oil pump leaking diesel in. I brought it in for this over a year ago and they said nothing was wrong. They have had it for almost three weeks now and said it would be done tomorrow. They now called and said part wont be in until the 28th. They have lost a loyal ford customer I went and bought a 2010 2500 ram today. If anyone knows anything about the radiator let me know. Not sure if there is anyway I can point the finger at them and not have to pay for it. I have had too many problems with this truck and most likely wont go back to Ford again.
  • My 08 F350 has 37334 mi. I talked to a Ford dealer who said they think they can get my radiator fixed under a recall. I dropped it off yesterday and hope to hear something today. I will let you know.
  • i took my 2009 F250 deisel truck in 6 times, Ford corporate said it is normal. it happens everyday.

You Tube " F250 Blue Smoke"
  • maltbyfordmaltbyford Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    I purchased one of the first 2008 F-350 delivered in the area. First radiator was replaced at 18,000, second radiator needs to be replaced now at 41,000. So far the dealer does not want to cover it. Washington state has a lemon law, dealer get three chances to fix it and then I get a new truck.

So far this truck has a new radiator, new turbo, new high pressure oil pump, new exhaust filter. The oil pump was probably the real problem but the dealer replaced the turbo and exhaust filter trying to resolve the noise problem. I purchased new to get some reliability, this truck has been a real disappointment.
  • 1ton4fun1ton4fun Posts: 1
    I too have an 08 350 6.4L Diesel. New on the road in April 2008. I tow a 36ft fifth wheel at around 12,500Lbs. At about 75,000km I noticed the coolant level low in reservior. Topped it up 3 times in a week - took 12L in all. No leaks in driveway or at work parking spot, and no spray under the hood. Dealership stated it was a rad leak and they had a replacement rad in stock and could complete the work the same day. However it took a full week to get my truck back. The dealership was very vague with their explanations why. It was covered under warranty so no cost to me, but I've always been suspect as to where the coolant was going. I could never seem to get a clear reading on the oil dip stick but always seemed very high. No problems since though so I don't think I got the straight goods from Ford.
    As for everyone else and their mileage and power issues, I have none. 18 to 20 Mpg (imperial gal not US) highway (keep it below 2000 rpm) and no power loss. :)
  • I am posting this with hopes to get Ford's attention. I have an 2008 F450 that has been in the shop 19 times in 23 months. With 97,000 miles it has had 4 new engines, the EGR cooler has gone out numerous times, the turbo hose comes off every trip and it is back in the shop again with an oil leak. My truck was in the shop the entire month of Feb. only to get it back, drive 800 miles and lost it again! I took it in again Wednesday 8am and they still haven't looked at it and said they can't until Tuesday (a full week). They were charging me a deductible until I fought that because my contract says I owe no deductibles. How is it that Ford can give me turbo hoses to store behind that seat and tell my driver to put them on when they come off. He now carries two. Our dealership just offered him a job to install them and asked him if he wanted to reinstall it himself at their shop because he does it faster than they can. Every time my truck is down I have to hire an outside driver to deliver my boats. This has cost me tremendously to have an inhouse driver yet I have to hire someone else. Does anyone have advice on how to get Ford's attention??? Obviously I own a commercial vehicle and I do not fall under the Lemon Law. I'm just looking for an even trade to the new 2011 (which will probably have problems too) but atleast I can start over with a bumper to bumper warranty.