Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Ford Super Duty

Comments

• Had the reprogram done, it didn't seem to do anything. It's now been about 1500 miles and I still have not seen the exhaust cleaning cycle yet. Total of 12,200 miles on the truck. Now the mileage has dropped to 8.5 to 9.1 mi/gal in the last two tanks. I have not changed driving habits and in fact drove extra careful with the last tank. Can anyone help or have any suggestions.
  • dbweaverdbweaver Posts: 88
    Don't buy a Superchips Cortex programmer. I wasted $400 and got 1 more mile per gallon.
  • enough3enough3 Posts: 5
    Check your oil... if you have more oil in it then your injector's are leaking.
  • enough3enough3 Posts: 5
    Yes they know, there are MAJOR Problems surrounding the 08 Ford 350's. Check your oil, if there is more oil in it when they drain it then your injectors are leaking. MAJOR. Do you have stuttering in it only on occasion?
  • woof1woof1 Posts: 1
    Greetings All,

I have an opt to purchase an 08 F-250 with the 5.4L V8 24V MPFI SOHC (Gasoline)
    It also has the 5 speed auto trans.

This truck is new, has 44miles on it, and the dealer is asking $15,900

What kind of MPG should I expect from this truck?
  • firecapnfirecapn Posts: 12
    Expect anywhere from 8-10 mpg around town and maybe 12-15 hwy. I'd advise the V-10. More horsepower and torque and the same or better MPG. Had one and it was a bullet proof engine for the 60,000 miles I put on it. Towed 14,000 lbs with no trouble. Think about it.
  • My 99 f-350 is running rough only when Idleing. I had it in the shop and they can't seem to fix it. It doesn't do this going down the road. Only when stopped and idleing. We have replaced the Cam Sensor and had the Injectors checked. has this happened to anyone else. Thanks
  • now05ex3now05ex3 Posts: 1
    Alrigth I'm new to this sigth, but will get rigth to my facts I had a 7.3PSD and was in SD when it decided to burn up a couple of cylinders so I went to Rapid City and but a new 08 6.4PSD and continued my family vacation pulling a 36' tt about 11000#. Truck wa a dealer conversion and demo so had 3200 on it. next 1000 milesalem right now no complaints except for exhaust smell in cabin every now and then on way home to MI from Yellowstone Monatona truck pulled nice on grades better than 7.3 with a long list of mods mileage was 7.6-8.1 hand on gauge 8-8.5 in SD head winds started mileage dropped to 7.2-7.4 for 3 tanks. went back up in WI but truck started to shutter bad on grades and exhaust smell increased in cabin. when home took to dealer and it began 3 trips for exhaust leak to stop 4 re-flash tunes to help truck run right not. shutter remained under load on grades re-gen every 100-15- miles mileage 10.3-14 mixed with mostly highway got an attornery 13 months later FORD bought it back and said sorry they were unable to fix the truck. now I have 6.8 and mileage 11-14 not to bad tows tt well
  • meter2meter2 Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 F-350 with 21,000 miles. I had the reprogram done at 19,000, and the "drive to clean exhaust" message no longer occurs. I received a letter from an Attorney advising me that he is representing all Ford super duty owners who have had trouble with injectors, radiator leaks, etc. Now I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop. If you are interested the Attorney is Premier Legal Center 877-441-4441. I am trying to find out what to do next witrh this truck. I am afraid that I will just make it to warranty and the then it will fall apart. I love the truck, I just dont want the problems. My mioleage right now is about 11-12 MPG. Not sure what to do next, feels like holding a hand grenade in your hand and waiting for it to go off.
  • meter2meter2 Posts: 2
    Interesting...did Ford give you another 08 or did you get an 09? If so, what is the difference in your opinion? Thanks
  • dbweaverdbweaver Posts: 88
    I now have 52,000 miles on my truck. It seems to be getting broke in pretty good. It has gained in power ever since it was new. I had the reprogram done in January. I have been getting 16.2 mpg driving normal (70 to 75mph highway). I have saw 18.9mpg on one tankful driving very carefully (55mph highway). It is hard to drive like that all the time though. I have been out of work since December so I haven't been towing anything. I have a 6 speed manual transmission, regular cab, 4x4. The truck goes through the cleaning cycle about every 300 miles.
    I haven't had any troubles out of it yet. I like this truck, its quiet, smooth, and very powerful. Does anyone have 100,000 miles on one yet?
  • I have just under 52000 on my truck and it is still given good performance. Had the computer update done about a month ago and the recall on the radiator valve. Two days after the valve was installed on the radiator it started leaking and was replaced under extended warnity. this is the only problem I have had with this truck. After reprogram mileage increased slightly. Around town every day driving I'm getting anywhere from 13.5 to 15 Highway driving 65 a pretty constant 17 to 18.5 and saw 20 mpg on one tank driving 60 on flat highway. I will be leaving monday morning to the outer banks . Last year I got between 8 and 10 mpg on this trip. I will give an update when I return. I'm still very happy with this truck.
  • lewscrewlewscrew Posts: 3
    I have a 99 F350 v10. I have been getting a check engine light, had it read and it was the EGR system Fault code. I replace the EGR valve and the EGR sensor. I reset the check engine and after a few days of driving I get the same check engine light coming back on. What else could it be?
  • I have one of the first 08 fords 450 and my warranty was canceled by ford, they tried to say my engine was sludge and this was two weeks after turbos had been replaced, by a ford dealer it took two weeks for that repair, my truck stayed in the shop for three months for them to tell me the engine was sludged. My mechanic, who use to work for ford, says that I got fuel leaking into my oil after he changed my oil a couple times he noticed that after draining the oil he was getting almost 2 five gallons buckets full. Its a lot more going on also. I need to know if anyone know of an attorney, that can get me out of this mess, an after i`m out I`LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD AGAIN !! THESE TRUCKS ARE A PIECE OF CRAP AND FORD WON`T STAND BY THEIR PRODUCT. FORD SUCKS!!!!!!!......... :lemon:
  • how many miles r on it , have u checked the o2 sensor it could also b a bad egr valve i have 197,000 miles on my 99 v10 and havent had an probs yet
  • lewscrewlewscrew Posts: 3
    It has 133,000 miles on it. I replaced the EGR Sensor and the EGR valve. I just finished replacing the EGR sensor again (on warranty). The truck still doesnt run correctly. It does not have low end punch like it use to, and it just doesnt fell right overall.
  • First time writer. alot of great info..I have a 2001 f150 just hit 10050 k been pulling my sand toys all over Ca, Nv, Or. and use for work.No complaints.. Now im ready to upgrade to a 2008 f350 6.4 super duty lariot 15k miles. Test drove runs great. has everything i could ever need. I dont mind the minor issues like the recalls and even the gas miliage from time to time But i dont need any problems with going back an forth with the dealer to get fixed. And problems that cant be found. I need asurance from somebody out there that has the 2008 f350 lariot that they love the truck and the powers great and all around dont have problems. or should i go with an older used model like the 2006 6.0 f350 with more miles. please help! this purchase going to happen soon. thanks
  • Need confidence, I advise you to leave Ford alone all together, they don`t stand by their products, I have an 08 6.4 its a piece of crap, I`ve had almost everything go wrong with this truck from turbos to brakes. I had an 05 6.0 and it was a piece of crap fuel injectors, radiator fluid leakage, these trucks have caused me over $350,000 over the past 4yrs. I used to be a diehard fan and buyer of Ford an I will never buy another Ford product, they refuse to stand by their product. After my turbos were replaced the truck ran worst, took it back to the dealer Ford canceled my 200,000 mile warranty, fuel leaks into the oil, it was leaking for a period of time, The only ford truck that my be ok is an 07 6.0 or if you can find a 7.3, other than that I WOULD SAY TO YOU SCRAP FORD. IT`S A GOOD LOOKING TRUCK AND THATS ABOUT IT, I USED MINE FOR WORK (tranporting boats, cars, rvs). I can`t say anything good about Ford trucks because, I`ve had a bad experience with them, an others that I know has as well. SORRY, BUT THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD, LOOK ELSE WHERE!!!!!!!!!!! :lemon:
  • fordz1fordz1 Posts: 24
    I have a job1 F350 DRW Lariat, and have nothing but good things to say. It's true some are having trouble with their trucks, and I believe you will find that with anything man made.
    Now I use mine for part-time work, play, and daily driving.I take it in for the regularly scheduled maintenance, and recalls. If you perform maintenance regularly it won't be as problematic and less pron to breakdowns.
    This is my first diesel and test drove Chevy, and Dodge before setteling on Ford. If you look at some of the other forums you will see they all have their problems. I enjoy my F350 and would buy another.
  • FORDZ1, I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THE MAINTENANCE, I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE TURBOS EARLY ON, AN NO FORD DEALER KNEW WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS, SO, I KNEW THAT I HAD BETTER KEEP MY OIL CHANGED, FUEL FILTER CHANGED OFTEN, BECAUSE, I KNEW SOMETHING WASN`T RIGHT. HAVING, DEISELS BEFORE, THIS 6.4 WAS WAY OFF, AFTER THE RECALLS, I STILL HAD FLAMES COMING OUT OF THE TAIL PIPES, AT 56K, THE TURBOS BLEW OUT. I EXPLAINED TO FORD THAT AFTER MY OIL CHANGES, THERE WERE MORE OIL COMING OUT THAN WHAT WAS PUT IN, AN THAT THERE WAS FUEL LEAKING INTO THE OIL THEY DID NOT ADDRESS IT. DIESEL IS A CLEANING AGENT AS WE ALL KNOW, WELL, THAT CAUSED THE TURBOS TO BLOW. WHY IS BRAKE FLUID LEAKING ? THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REGULAR MAINTENANCE, EGR SENSORS, RADIATOR LEAKAGE, I`M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO EXPERIENCED SUCH PROBLEMS, WORK YOUR TRUCK A LITTLE HARDER AN YOU`LL SEE THAT ITS NOT CRACKED UP TO WHAT FORD SAY IT SHOULD DO, PAYING 50K AND 60K FOR TRUCKS TO PERFORM AS ADVERTISED. TRULY, THEIR HAVE BEEN A LOT OF DRIVERS WHO USE THESE TRUCKS FOR WORK, AN HAS HAD PROBLEMS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. THIS WAS MY SECOND TRUCK IN TWO YEARS THAT GAVE ME PROBLEMS, TWO DIFFERENT ENGINES, FORD SUCKS AND THEY WERE MAINTAINED REGULARLY. NO EXCUSES, FOR FORD DO NOT TO STAND BY THEIR PRODUCT!! AND THEN YOU HAVE TO HIRE AN ATTORNEY. I WAS LIKE YOU ONCE, FORD PROVED ME WRONG.