Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Ford Super Duty

Comments

• adidasadidas Posts: 2
    I'm looking at buying a used 2008 F250 crew cab, white, king ranch, with 63000 miles no it. It's got a navigation system, moon roof, and spray in bedliner. They're asking $38,700 for it. What does everyone think? Thanks.
  • I think you can do better than that if you shop around. I just bought my son his college graduation gift: a 2008 F350 Crew Cab, Copper Metallic, King Ranch, 6.4L Diesel, 4X4 with Navigation, Moon Roof, Spray in Liner, Goose Neck (used twice), Ranch Hand Grill Guard, flawless, belonged to a 65 y/o doctor who put 67,124 highway miles on it between Dilley, TX and San Antonio, TX as a daily commuter. This previous owner provided records showing oil changes were done every 3K miles (rather than every 10K listed in maintenance schedule). I have never driven a more comfortable truck. I feel like I stole it for $33,500. Doctor actually traded it for the same truck, but a 2011 model. Must be nice to be wealthy! BTW, he sold a 2009 Vette to one of his co-workers the same day for $32,000.
  • adidasadidas Posts: 2
    Wow. Sounds like maybe they need to come off about 5k. Congrats on the great deal!
  • james187james187 Posts: 1
    Not sure if i am putting this in the correct area but here is my problem = I have replaced head gaskets and I am not getting compression to build back up in the radiator? So could I have an internal crack in the head? Any ideas?
  • kn1947kn1947 Posts: 1
    We have a 2004 F550 that was in the shop many times and Ford could correct the problem - stalling, caughing, white smoke. At 98,000 miles I contacted the State for info for the Lemon Law. Fact, too old for replacement, but you CAN get it fixed - under warranty. I did!
  • puglimopuglimo Posts: 5
    Just bought the truck. Got 17 mpg coming home from Atlanta. Is this about as good as it will get without a chip or some other warranty voiding action?
  • I have an F-350 2007 powerstroke diesel. It broke down on me 4,000 miles of Fords 100,000 mile warranty. The reason it broke down was an over heating engine and becuase of that my engine blew up, and there is no fixing it. The only thing that will get my truck back on the road is a new engine. Again my truck only has 104,000 miles on it and its only 3 years old! Ford is refusing to pay for it even though I had the truck at Ford for the same problem less then a year ago, and supposidly the problem was "fixed". My truck is part of a fleet. Within the last 20 years my company has purchased over 30 Ford vehicals. We also have four F-450 diesels and every single one of them have had problems with the engines under 40,000 miles. There used to be a day when Ford diesels would run forever and now your lucky if you truck makes it to 100,000 miles. I would really like everyones comments on this issue for recent Ford Diesel engine problems...
  • My filter is coming on two times in every tank of gas is this normal are any of you having the same issue
  • We also own a 2008 F450 with only 39,600 k/m (24,550 miles) and only use it to tow our 20,000 lb 5th wheel RV. I have spent about 500 hours behind the wheel, and a variety of Ford dealers have had it in their possession for a wide variety of warranty repairs in excess of 1000 hours. There is something wrong with this picture! A summary of problems follows:
    --four visits for engine overheating
    --four visits for exhaust odour in cab
    --two recalls
    --rear main engine seal replaced twice
    --cab removed for repair twice
    --replaced drive shaft
    --replaced radiator & fan clutch
    --engine stripped down to the block once
    --left stranded on busy highway towing 5th wheel
    This truck would likely qualify for replacement under US Lemon Law, but Canada has no such laws, and we are at the mercy of Ford of Canada. To date Ford has shown NO INTERST in customer satisfaction, let alone any financial assistance. To date I have sent three formal letters of complaint to Ford of Canada, and they seem to think that phone calls from pacifiers who cannot speak English will make me go away. They are dead wrong. The gloves are coming off.
  • Do you have an update with your radiator problem? I just had the third one put in my 2008 F250. They didn't say anything about a revised one. First one was replaced at 31K, and now again at 63K. I had to pay $1600 for it, which is bogus. I know Ford knows they have a bad product...They ought to be paying for these things! :mad:
  • I have seriously not had one problem with my cooling system since Ford stepped up and replaced my entire radiator(s) with the new factory version. BTW-FREE!! I strongly recommend that you quote me to your dealership and tell them to step up also. This is only about treating loyal customers with respect. They need to do the right thing and also refund all of your money. Best of luck!
  • psstagpsstag Posts: 1
    sorry to say you have a bad dealer. Just had the rad replaced on our 08 purchased in july 07. Our total cost (way to much) was $415.00. ford and the dealer absorbed the rest
    of the cost under a after warranty repair program, The rad leak is a known issue call or better write ford and bi*** to your dealer who was to greedy to tell you other wise.

Love this 08 loaded ford f350 Ford had done more for use the dodge ever has.
    Prior to this truck we had chrysler products for 15 plus years they wanted 700 plus for a 150 part....they wanted the fist without lube
  • Found out by ford that the pump was going out its under warranty but there asking for all the service records for fuel filters from when I bought the truck to present day has anyone had to product service records to get there truck fixed I think there trying not to pay for the repaires on my truck any help will do
  • I have an 08 f350 powerstroke with only 39k on it and my radiator is cracked too. I can see that several of you have been able to get ford to pay for it. I was wondering if you can tell me the names of some of these dealerships.
    Thanks,
    Yellowhtrd
  • can you tell me the name of your dealership?
    .Thanks for your help
    Aaron
  • Was the valve replaced? they replaced my valve under warranty, then the radiator cracked, they made me pay for it. I wrote a very detailed letter, started and the Service Manager and worked my way up to the GM. Even went thru Sales because I had bought 7 vehicles from this dealership. The GM took my case up with Ford, I understand the dealership not covering everything but at the same time I feel they knew because of the faulty valve under recall and saying if not replaced would crack the radiator. Ford Motor wrote me a check back. Play the political roll and keep following up, mine took about 2 days before the GM Called saying Ford would cover it.
  • great news ford fix the fuel pump at no cost to me also noticed my mpg is better since i bought the truck. I think there some problem with there fuel pumps from factory they also found a leak behind the turbo that they took care of :) :)
  • future ford clovis ca fix mine no cost to me.
  • I ordered two Ford Super Duty's, an '08 F450 and an '08 F350 for my company. They were loaded to the hilt whereas I paid close to 120K for both. Since purchasing, I have gone through 5 radiators between the two and am still having issues with the current ones. Just a few month's ago, my F350's motor blew while driving on the highway. It had 130k miles on it, so no warranty. When I took it to the dealer, Earnhardt Ford (Arizona), they told me that there was fuel in the oil and two cylinders were toast. Needs new motor (18K). They said that the truck must not have been cared for properly even though we have change the oil every 3K miles from the beginning. I thought Ford might help me since I bought 2 more trucks that year totaling 4. Thought wrong! I have owned Ford vehicles my whole life, since a 1968 Shelby GT500KR Mustang and will never even look at a Ford anything again. I am trying to dump the F450 as soon as I can for a Dodge or Chevy. Does anyone know of any class action lawsuit levied against Ford for this travesty of design, so I can join it? I had the F350 sold at auction for 14K. Great investment for two years!
  • rseeborseebo Posts: 12
    I would try and lemon law the thing!!! I have a buddy who had to do that with 2 of his trucks.