Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Ford Super Duty

1141516171820»

Comments

• I have just turned over 100k on my '08 F250 with no real problems yet. I read all these comments from time to time and it worries me. I did a DPF delete with a 4" exhaust and put a cold air intake on it. Other than that I change the oil every 10k and add a quart of Lucas sythetic oil stabilizer. I also use Deisel Kleen cetane booster regularly and run the crap out of it most of the time. I average 18 to 19mpg, 14 to 15mpg pulling a 5000lb trailer.
    If you look at how many are on the road compared to the amount of complaints, I would say most people got a good truck. I know I did!!!
  • This truck is all looks and no performance. They must have been on drugs when designing this piece of crap. I bought 2 2008 F-450's for the purpose of pulling a goose neck aluminum horse trailer. Within 3 months of owning both had to have the radiators replaced. They get horrible gas mileage. One truck says 6.8 miles per gallon and the other says 9.1.
    Wonder why the same truck has such a big difference. Ford will not even attempt to try and help with the big discrepency in mileage difference. By the 1st year anniversary I have been stranded 2 times on the side of the road again needing radiators replaced in both trucks. My tow bill was $800.00 each time since it was on a turnpike. So now I am up to 4 radiators in a year. In the second year I had a hose blow off causing the truck to over heat leaving me again stranded. Got that fixed and in 3 weeks the radiator cracked again and had to be replaced. After all that, if that isnt enough I lost power and had to have EGR sensor replaced. My business slowed up going into 2010 so they were not getting used very much except small local trips. I have 146,000 on the one truck and 101,000 on the other. The truck with 101K is now in the shop because it has no power and I am having to replace the fuel pump which is costing me $3500. They are telling me the whole cab has to be removed in order to replace fuel pump. Every one of these trucks should be recalled and consumers should get a full refund. I spend $1800.00 a month in payments and cant even get through 6 months without a major repair. Luckily the radiators were under warranty. If this track record continues through 2011 now that I am out of warranty I will go out of business. I will not be able to afford these major repairs over and over again and shouldnt have too. Ford is horrible and they will only warranty the repairs for 1 year or 12,000 miles. I want out and I will never buy another Ford again as long as I live.
  • diehardforddiehardford Posts: 50
    After 4 years and 72 thousand miles I traded my 08 today for a new king ranch f350 long bed. Just wanted the new model. I had good service out of my 08 and was very happy with it . The only problem was the radiator which was replaced around 40 thousand miles under extended warranty and I had a high pressure hose seal replaced . Other than that my 08 was flawless. I will post updates on my 2011 under the 2011 super duty collum. I do hope all of you having issues with your trucks get your problems resolved.
  • chiknchikn Posts: 1
    i would like to know if on my f350 rear brakes do you have to pull axles to change rotors on it ? it2008 ,
  • f250mpg08f250mpg08 Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    I also have the 08 F250 SD with the 6.4 PS and its 2WD. I bought it used with only 36,000 miles about 8 months ago and my only real problem with it is it gets horrible fuel millage... I am looking into a DPF delete and chip setup and was hoping you could give me some info on yours, I.E. Type, Cost and any current info on your MPG status..... Any help would be greatly appreciated..
    Oh ya, I only get about 10-11 mpg at best and 8-9 towing my 7,500 lbs travel trailer. I hope you can see my need for HELP... :)
  • dbweaverdbweaver Posts: 88
    edited September 2011
    I have been getting 17city/21highway around the hills of Ky. I have 119000 miles on mine now, it seems to just be getting broke in. I have a cold air intake, downpipe back 4 inch stainless steel straight pipe, with an SCT Livewire programmer. I get 14 to 15mpg towing a 10,000lb trailer. It seems like it took forever for it to ever get that kind of mileage though. You can check my older posts, I've tried to keep up with it since I bought it new. I have posted everthing I have done. Hope this helps. I don't remember what it costed for sure, I think it was around $1100 for the pipe and programmer.
  • Thanks for the reply. My problem now is that i live in Ca. and we have to smog our diesel trucks every 2 years or so and I would fail the visual inspection right away if I did the cat/dpf delete setup... I now have a cold air intake and an aftermarket AERO TURBINE muffler and that's supposed to help. I'm real skeptical about chips and programmers when it comes to my warranty. Any suggestions would be great...
  • I had a Superchips Cortex programmer on it before I took off the DPF and Catalytic Converter. It improved the performance but I don't remember the miles per gallon. I don't think it will void your warranty as long as you set it back to stock before you take it to the dealer
  • i have a 08 ford f-250 w/6.4 was going down the interstate the outher day and it just shut of they said it mite be the fuel pump that they have had a lot of promlems with them but will not stand behind them only has 60000 miles on it first and last ford ill ever have going back to shevy
  • was getting about 17-20 mpg before it took a crap not happy
  • I have a 08 250 with the 5.4 motor. this truck can't get out of its own way. The gas milage I get is 8.1 when 4x4 is not being used. It cant move on ine or mud without 4x4, but this may be the factory tires. I had to get a front alignment and Ford replaced two tires. Last inspection I could not turn the front wheels, upon closer look the brakes were rusted in the slides so I removed them and wire wheeled lubed and assembled. The dealer said it is a problem in northern climates. I have owned Ford for 25 years, but am considering another brand.
  • Our 2008 F-250 super duty 4x4 has been having very expensive issues and I'm afraid that they will continue. We just had to replace the turbo booster and the Particulate filter was taken off instead of replacing it, but now it runs really rich. I was wondering if anyone else with this model year was having these particular problems. I really feel it is an issue that Ford shoud address, and if there are enough of us with problems with the 08, maybe we can band together and get them to listen.
  • hunter83hunter83 Posts: 1
    alge built up in water/fuel separator, clean it out, replace sensor and gasket
  • I too have just discovered a coolant leak on the drivers side front under radiator, 52,000 miles. Luckily I have the extended warranty or I would be really upset with Ford. Has Ford discovered why this is happening, does the coolant they use become acid based. Remember when GM used the orange radiator fluid, once it got air into it, would turn acid based and eat everything up ie: head gaskets, and everything else it came into contact with. Mechanic said dump the orange stuff and only use the green type.
  • I have read where Ford states not to let your truck idle, as the bad fuel we get at the pump causes carbon buildup. look at Fords article on use of Cetane additive.