Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Ford Super Duty

Comments

• I have an 05 and I am installing the 4 axu.switches in the dash.
    I cannot find the plug in under the dash but I found the ones out under the hood.
    There are 2 plugs that plug into the brake box but cannot find the one for the switches.
    Help.........
  • My check engine light comes on constantly in my 08 F250 6.4liter Powerstroke. I took it to the dealer, they said to drain the fuel/water separator. I did and the light went out. I have been averaging 10 mpg towing 10,000lb. I went to Circleville, Ohio with my trailer empty and my check engine light on and got 7mpg.I drained the water separator 3 times but the light never went out. I loaded a 7,000lb truck on my trailer, the light went out and I got 10.2mpg on the way back. I have 45,000 miles on the truck now. Has anyone else had their check engine light come on constantly?
  • ford just released an update for the 6.4L engine computer. My brothers f250 now gets another 150 km a tank. I had a 2006 6.0L put a K&N ait flow kit in it was getting 937 Km a tank highway. The filter paid for itself in fuel savings an increase of almost 200 km a tank highway, cost was 400 canadian. I did install myself in an hour,really easy to do.I now have a 2008 f350 6.4 and I'm installing a roush cold air intake.I will give you an update on the mileage increase in a week or so. The only other recommendation I have is duel exhaust.
  • ford just released an update for 6.4L engine computer. It gave my brothers 2008 f250 an extra 150 km a tank.I installed a k&n air flow kit in my 6.0L 2006 and was getting an extra 200 km a tank higway. I will be installing a roush cold air intake in my new 6.4L 2008 next week.I will post the increase in fuel mileage. The only other add on I can think of is duel exhaust.
  • I received a letter from Ford today stating ''Ford Motor Company is providing a no-charge Customer Satisfaction Program ( Program Number 08B07) for your vehicle.''
    '' What is the issue?''
    ''Your vehicle may exhibit drivability concerns, including elevated idle during DPF regeneration,minor cruise control speed fluctuation,automatic transmission shift quality (if equipped) and a false check engine indicator light.''
    I thought the cruise control fluctuation was caused by a lack of power. It doesn't flucuate until you hit a hill. Maybe, hopefully they will turn the power up closer to what they said it is supposed to have. I have a Ford Performance Trucks magazine that dynoed the 08 F250 and showed a stock 292hp. and 286lb-ft torque. That is a far cry from 350hp and 650lb-ft they advertised. By comparison the old 7.3 liter powerstroke showed 184hp and 388lb-ft. It takes a heavy load to affect the cruise on it. This should not be!
  • My '08 has a leak just under the front bumper on the passenger side. The fluid appears to be clear, grease less, oderless, and colorless. Today I noticed the coolant overflow container was bone dry. Anybody having issues with this. I need advise! FYI, I was told my '08 had a special recall for a radiator stop cock valve. This was executed about 2 weeks ago at my dealer, Rancho Santa Margarita Ford, here in Cali. I recently read that some contributors hear on the forum had jettisoned engines from what was suspected as radiator leaks. Your input is greatly appreciated.
  • My '08 has a leak just under the front bumper on the passenger side. The fluid appears to be clear, grease less, oderless, and colorless. Today I noticed the coolant overflow container was bone dry. Anybody having issues with this. I need advise! FYI, I was told my '08 had a special recall for a radiator stop cock valve. This was executed about 2 weeks ago at my dealer, Rancho Santa Margarita Ford, here in Cali. I recently read that some contributors here on the forum had jettisoned engines from what was suspected as radiator leaks. Your input is greatly appreciated.
  • fordz1fordz1 Posts: 24
    I had a leak in the same location, but the overflow container never was empty. My dealer replaced the radiator under warranty and also re flashed my truck. It was only three weeks ago, and I haven't had any problems.
  • Yes, I also had a leak their at the front bumper, driver side. But have not taken it in yet. Should go an do that. There radiators must have a flaw.
  • I haven't noticed any leaks on my truck. I have added a little more than a gallon of coolant in 46,000 miles. I haven't heard anything about a recall on the ''radiator stop cock valve''.
  • Is this the Customer Satisfaction 08B07 stuff or is it something else?
  • My letter says, ''Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to reprogram the PCM (power control module) and the TCM (transmission control module)and the instrument cluster free of charge.''
    I hope it improves my power and mpg but I'm not counting on it.I'm going to try to get it done this week. I'll let you know if it helps.
  • Yeh I just got the letter too. I am just wanting to find out what this one is about getting better gas mileage.
  • Thanks, fordz1. I'll make the appointment this week and share with my dealer you experience. I'm hopeful I caught the problem early. Keep me posted if you experience anything else I should look out for. Peace!
  • Here's the latest on my leak. Brought my Ford in this morning to the dealer and had a chance to sit down with their diesel expert. According to him, Ford instructs all dealers to examine the trucks for any radiator leaks. If there is no leak, then the dealers are instructed to install a "venturi valve" to relieve radiator pressure to avoid any seam splitting on the factory installed radiators. If there are leaks, like in my case even after the new relief valve was installed, then they are instructed to replace the radiator, install the venturi valve, flush the system, and add all new OEM coolant. Finally, they will re-flash the computer system. According to the service expert this remedies the problem and he has not seen any come back after this final procedure.
    FYI, there have been some earlier contributions regarding "camshaft sensors" and "EGR" problems. These issues do not involve our model year F series. They only effect 7.3's and 6.0's.
    Finally, he currently is not a fan of any replacement for the stock air filter system. My AFI system is loud. I cannot say it help much with performance on my truck. It does,however, make my cab noise increase significantly.
    I will update you all once I get my truck back this week with any further information I can get out of the service rep.
    I want to encourage all of you to keep writing about your own experiences. If it wasn't for what I read here, I may have jettisoned my own new motor.
  • I took my truck in today for the computer update. I dropped it off it was showing 11.8 mpg when I picked it up it was showing 15.0 mpg. I drove it home 11 miles and it was showing 16.5 mpg. I don't know what to think. It felt like it might have been a little more powerful too. But, it might just be wishful thinking. After all as much as I have been let down on advertised power and fuel mileage on these trucks, I don't expect much anymore.
  • What year and model trk do you have and what promted you to take it in for the update was there a recall or did you just call and tell them you were having problems
  • I have 2008 F250 6.4liter powerstroke. I received a letter from Ford Motor Company.
    You can read my posts on the previous page. I haven't had any real problems with my truck. I have just been disappointed with the power and fuel mileage compared to my 99 F250 7.3liter powerstroke.
  • josijosi Posts: 4
    Driving at 50 miles/h on a cool day engine not overheating, smoke from under the hood. It started near the fuel filter. Damage in thausents if $. I did not recive any recal letter from Ford regarding cruise cintrol fires [7,000,000 recals ] May be I should. If You own one watche it.
    Joseph Reich
  • I am sure this program increased my trucks power. A hill that I climb everyday on my way home, I had to go to second gear on. Now I can climb the same hill in third gear. According to the truck computer it has increased my fuel mileage 3 to 4 mpg.
    That is to good to be true. I'll have to check the mpg the old fashioned way a few times before I believe it. Has anyone else had similar results?
  • Took my 08 in for the computer update last week. I noticed the mileage increase immediately. Can't really say about the power, I haven't had the chance to work it hard yet. MIne has always had great power. My first thought was they simply recalibrated the mpg display to placate crabby owners. If the mileage is in fact that much better, why didn't they do this in the first place. Would have saved a bunch of money over the last 45000 miles.
  • I feel the same about the recalibration deal. It worked for me, I sure get excited over a few mpg lol! I guess we will just have to wait and see the real numbers in a few weeks.
  • I’m in the same situation with my radiator leaking however since my warranty expired they are charging me 1,100 bucks to fix the issue. I have done all the recalls because ford does all my service maintenance and I can’t believe I’m being treated this way. I have been a loyal Ford customer with 7 purchases in 10 years but they are willing to do nothing. Were can we as a group send emails and complain about this issue so maybe they will issue a recall on the Radiator?
  • Jubilant-I'm shocked about how you are being treated. I think it's time to bring out the big guns and meet the owner of that dealership and explain to him your situation. Show him all the forum responses to the radiator recall. Under the current economy, I'm sure he doesn't want to loose you as a loyal customer, including all of your referrals. BTW, who is your dealership?
  • The Dealer is Waldorf Ford in Maryland, they said they did talk to him and gave me a discount but I'm still not satisfied. I think Ford needs to recognize this is an issue and resolve it. I’m still working on the dealership so I will post the outcome. If anyone has any additional information please share.
  • Call the number that is on the recall notice. The leak is a manufature defect should not have to pay for it.
  • Just picked up my "08 from my dealer. Leak problem solved. 100% covered by Ford. Truck is running great right now. No current problems. I'll contribute to this forum in the future if anything comes up.
  • Well I went to the dealer today to get the reprogram done. They said Ford has stopped them from doing them because of problems they are having after it is done. Has anyone heard what these problems are or has anyone else not been able to get it done.
  • I have not had any problems out of my truck since the update. I have only driven it around 300 miles. I have noticed a significant increase in pulling power at a low rpm. I haven't took any long trips on the interstate yet.
  • I'm taking my F350, 6.4L diesel to the dealer on Friday for the reprograming and the backflow preventer on the radiator and will report on the same day. I have 11500 miles on the truck with numerous trips with my fifth wheel with no problems. So far, so good.