Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda MX-5/Miata: Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
Tell us how much you paid for your new Miata!!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Comments

• warthogwarthog Posts: 216
    I just reserved a 2006 Grand Touring, auto, premium package, for $28,800, 3% NC sales tax and all title/licensing included.
  • 2005 MazdaSpeed Touring (leather seats) New. $22,732.00 Oct 30, 2005 No hassles, laid back.
    Nelson Mazda, Antioch (Nashville) TN, 37013
    They had 5 more between the 2 stores.

Boy does it go...... :P
  • Would like to find a dealer in
    Greater Orlando, Fl. who is easy to deal with. Anyone have a good answer? What can I expect to pay? Are there "any Discounts out there" that you can tell me about? Should I look for a "New" 2005 over a new 2006?
    I have heard the 2005 can use Regular Gasoline but the 2006 requires High Test. True?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    Something to keep in mind....

The '06 is a completely different car from the '05..

Go drive both of them.. and decide which one if for you.. A good deal on a car you aren't happy with is not a good deal..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

• If I were to find a new 05 do you believe it might be a better car to begin with?
    Like kyfdx said, drive them both. However, fwiw, I've done so and bought the 06: it's bigger and has more power. The exterior styling is also improved, imo, and the interior is a little more dressed up. The power increase is significant and so is the interior space. I'm 6-3, 195#, and can drive it for several hours comfortably, something I don't believe possible in the older model. It's primarily my wife's car--my usual ride is a BMW E39 530, so that's my standard of comparison for space and comfort.
  • I have been looking at the 06 Sport model. The dealer is offering the following:

lease: 36/mo 15K $449-$469 month residual 60% MF 2.4
    purchase: 60 months @ $525-$550 month 6% loan

Both are $500 down, no trade in talked about yet. I feel we can do better as negotiating progresses as they have several Miatas in stock. Does this sound like I am off to a good start? Thanks.
    Probably not. Monthly payments of $525-550 at 6% indicates a purchase price between $27,650 and $29,000. You don't say what options you're considering nor the amount of your state sales tax, but the MSRP (and Edmund's True Market Value) for a base Sport model is $23,495 (plus sales tax). I think you'd be hard pressed to get that price up to $28,000 even fully loaded.

You're going about the negotiation wrong. Don't negotiate monthly payment. Negotiate price. Once that's settled, see who has the best financing or lease deal.
  • does anyone have the money factor and residuals on the new 06 Miata? Thanks.
    Hi, alabamgirl...

Try re-posting your question here:

Mazda Miata: Lease Questions

• 06 Grand Touring, with $1600 package
    msrp $26595
    price $24949
    39 mo lease/15K
    MF .00295
    due @ signing: first mo & $500 security
    monthly payment $427 (includes 6.5% tax)

am I getting a good deal? thanks.
  • yeegayeega Posts: 3
    I have been shopping for an mx-5 sport in the CA bay area. Found quite a few in the invoice range (a little more, a little less). I ended up with a demo at Menlo Mazda (menlomazda.com); I think the price was good (around $21k, plus tax and license), but I have had a problem with the vinyl top tucking away smoothly. anyone else had that problem?
    Hi, yeega..

Congratulations on the new car.. I see you've found the general Mazda Miata forum.. Hopefully, someone there will have an answer for you.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

• sjdesjde Posts: 3
    I am looking at both of these and like them both. I'm leaning toward the Miata because of the cost and I really don't need the extra horsepower of the Honda S2000. But I wonder if my husband would be happier with the other.

Joan
  • meshmesh Posts: 17
    Picked up my Miata Sport in Nordic Green with limited slip, Sirius radio, splash guards, and (useless) all weather floor mats from Flanagan's Mazda in Missoula, MT for $23417 out the door (does not include registration). A Spokane, WA dealership quoted me a similar price. Now I'm addicted. I guess the first step towards healing is admitting you have a problem.
  • kenny1kenny1 Posts: 2
    The fix is very easy. When you are folding the top, push the glass window towards the interior of the car. Kind of help it fold in. You dont have to do this every time.
  • kenny1kenny1 Posts: 2
    I am the new/proud owner of a new 2006 MX-5 3rd Gen Ltd #1114. I was able to buy it at invoice price in NJ w/o a minute spend negotiating. :)
  • topspin628topspin628 Posts: 373
    Congrats! I had been looking at higher end sporty cars (BMW, Porsche, Vette) and none of them "grabbed me" For the heck of if I took out an MX5 06 and was hooked.
    I would love to hear your review. What else did you cross shop? Honda S2000?
    What options did you get?

Good luck and have fun. What a great machine!
  • Unfortunately, I have to sell my 2003 Miata (Shinsen version).
    Only has 18K miles. Dealer was willing to take in trade but only offered $13K. I think I should be insulted. Decided to sell myself. But I have no idea what to ask. Can anyone help?
  • mkpamkpa Posts: 2
    OK.... found a 1999 miata in a dealers lot for 12. Hesitation, bloweb ack @ 1400@RPM
    2 days later went to 8. Dealer went 9.
    Hmmmm. Found cRACK IN cannister. ordered new.
    Offered 8 again. Dealer went 9 I went 7.5

Dealer went 8, I put in New Cannister ran fine.

Life is good!