Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Cadillac CTS and CTS-V

Comments

• rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    I haven't heard that one, pal :confuse:

Rocky
  • bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,330
    Has anyone driven the new CTS Sport (or any CTS for that matter) with the 3.6 liter and the 6-speed manual? I would be interested in your feedback. This seems like a pretty sweet combination to me. Thanks.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

• fonzifonzi Posts: 1
    yea a cts-v with 6 speed i have one! :)

grate car fast as hell!

smoke any BMW M3!
    Thanks, fonzi. I lick my lips over the CTS-V (I have a C5 vette), but am looking to dial it back a notch for a sedan. I was wondering about the CTS Sport with the 3.6 liter V-6 and the 6-speed. Anyone out there have experience with one of those?

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

• drr98drr98 Posts: 80
    Hey bhill2, My wife and I have a C5 as well. (Vert) My feeling about the CTS/CTS-V are that the few short comings need to be addressed before we buy. Like I mentioned in my post above - the foot operated E-brake, soft suspension, and lack of wider tires in the back are a few things I want to see changed. It seems these would be easy items for GM to correct. It would be nice to buy an American sedan. What is the price difference on the CTS Sport?
    Wait for the 2008' to be impressed. ;)

Rocky
  • hushhhushh Posts: 2
    Not sure if you're aware, but there is a sport suspension (FG2) available as an option. Also, the stock wheels can accomodate up to 275/40/18 tires in the rear. As far as the e-brake goes, I don't understand why they went with a foot operated one either, but that won't be changed until the next gen (if then).
    Rocky,

Did GM promise that they will still offer a 6-speed stick with the 2008? I am willing to wait, but if I do and am then faced with only slushboxes, I am going to be severely steamed.

I don't think they promised anything publicly, but I'd bet they would offer a stick, and I'm telling you to wait like me. Why ? Well #1 you are going to get a CTS, that is light years ahead of the current model in quality, refinement, fit and finish.

Rocky

P.S. If I buy a CTS
    (very likely if I don't get a Denali Pick-up) I'm going to get a stick. I probably will get the CTS-V, which comes with a stick anyway.
    Rocky,

Thanks for your response. Yeah, if I decide on a CTS I'm going to wait for the new one. And I will be torn between the CTS Sport and the CTS-V. I want to be socially conscious, but damn that Corvette engine is nice.

Bob

LOL, yeah it's a hard decision ;)

Rocky
  • Can anyone reccomend and HID kit for a 2007. I am very interested in making the converison.
  • Wanting to lease 3.6L for 39 months, saleslady says buy '07 with added incentives now. '08 will be out in Aug. timeframe, mot much discount until later in the year.

The bottom-line is a good deal on 07 now vs. '08 - buying price?? It may be december by the time large incentives kick in. The difference may be $50/month - guesstimate.
    What do you all think?
    :confuse:
    Get the 08' and find you a dealer that will give you a discount. The residuals on the 08' will be very high and you will be getting twice the car IMHO because I think you will be happier you did. The 08' might be the best ELLPS on the market. ;)

Rocky
  • The 08 will be a better car. So as long as you can afford it, wait. But I do think there will be a fairly substantial price difference. It took 2-3 years for any real incentives on the CTS. It will be longer than a few months to get a bunch of money off.

The CTS has never really gotten to the point wherer there have been a lot of incentives, unless you are leasing. That is why the resale has been strong.

If you are going to lease, it is a good time now. Depending on where you are at, there is $3-4000 in lease assistance.
  • luvautoluvauto Posts: 17
    thanks rockylee; smart advice. High residual of '08 trades off with current '07 lease incentives. while awaiting for the '08 3.6L, the '07 incentives are attractive.
    what's your take on '07 3.6L in terms of performance, reliability and quality?
  • luvautoluvauto Posts: 17
    Thanks volvodan for pointed advice. You're right. i'll look into leasing. do you think i should consider other cars with comparable price/performance of CTS 3.6L? I'm used to RWD (also have one FWD). The looks of Acura TL, Lexus IS don't turn me on. bmw 335i is way over budget+no deals. From what I read, CTS 3.6L(lesser known gem) is strong in speed(0-60)/torque, turning circle, brakes, cabin comfort. Good/different styling, cabin room, reliability, etc. The '05 and'06 reviews show some not liking the interior controls and design but provide no specifics. Is '07 the same as '05/'06? Also, what are other costs like regular/scheduled maint.? Should I look at other cars?
    Appreciate your advice and insights.
    thanks rockylee; smart advice. High residual of '08 trades off with current '07 lease incentives. while awaiting for the '08 3.6L, the '07 incentives are attractive.

No problem.... I would classify myself as being one of the most knowledgable posters on this site when it comes to GM stuff. I learn a lot from others and try to pass on my knowledge to others. Most of my family including Dad, both grandfathers Many uncles, aunts, step grandfather, step dad alll work for or have worked for GM/Delphi.

what's your take on '07 3.6L in terms of performance, reliability and quality?

If you want one of these then get the 07' CTS Bose Edition.

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/model/gallery.jsp?model=cts&year=2007

Their is a special lease deal on the 3.6 Bose Edition

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/financing/offers-financing-models.jsp?model=- all&tab=event

The 07' CTS will perform very well and will be very reliable as I know of no major problems with them. The lease is very attractive for me as I can get it even cheaper with my GM discount and wouldn't have to put any money down and could drive a 07' Bose Edition for probably $250-$275 with 10K a year for miles.

If you want to pay more but get at least twice the car the 08' is worth waiting for. I thinking about leasing/buying one this summer and depending on when the 09' CTS-V comes out I will trade it in or sell it at that time. ;)

Rocky
  • mediapushermediapusher Posts: 305
    Rockylee, puhleeez get over yourself "Mary" This Caddy as the M badge killer? LOL! Is that the biggest joke of the century or what? They might want to do something like get rid of cheap and HOLLOW plastics before they even think of becoming that
  • My neighbor's daughter has a CTS-V (spoiled young people :surprise: ) and IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I find it hard to believe, though, that they trust a 20 year old with a 500hp car.........

--Mustangman911