Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda6 vs Hyundai Sonata

1235»

Comments

• moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    The Mazda6 sold in Germany is made in Japan and the Mazda6 sold in USA is made in Michigan. There may be major differences in quality between assembly plants.
  • chikoochikoo Posts: 3,008
    no the build quality is identical. The assembly line was setup by the engineers from Japan.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    It's unfortunate that the Michigan assembly workers could not understand the Japanese engineers since the quality is NOT identical. The Japan built Mazda6 is built better.
    One easy to see example is panel fit and anyone can check this for themselves by comparing the MazdaSpeed6 to the US built Mazda6.
  • effect18effect18 Posts: 41
    Everyone knows that people use and abuse rentals, so you have to take that into consideration when determining the differences between two comparitively used cars. My experience was with two new cars(the dealership I bought my car from is a Mazda/Hyundai dealer). I liked the ride in Mazda, the instrument panel on the Mazda6 is definitely better than the Hyundai's which I feel is in need of a redesign. The green backlights on the CD and temperature control seem very 1998ish. As far as the ride is concerned I felt they both rode similarly. The Mazda felt like you had a little more control over the vehicle, while the Hyundai felt more like you were driving on rails(electronically controlled), especially when accelerating.

My main problem with the Mazda 6 was the seats. The driver's seat is shaped like a U(true definition of bucket seats). So your really sitting IN the seat. The dealer told me its to give you a cockpit feel. I felt this to be cramped, I couldnt move my butt from side to side. Upon sittin in the Sonata, I felt way more comfortable. This in addition to the better warranty, is why I chose the Sonata.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    I do everyday. Not only am I a Mazda dealer, I also own a 2005 Mazda6 and my brother and best friend own Mazdaspeed6's. Both have the same build quality, and are holding up identical over time.
  • chikoochikoo Posts: 3,008
    Thanks for the confirmation.
    I have the 2003 Mazda6, and after 4 years and 66000 miles, there is nary a rattle from any place in the car. I think that speaks volumes about build quality.
1235»
This discussion has been closed.