Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Chevrolet Suburban/GMC Yukon XL/Cadillac Escalade ESV

2»

Comments

• vmidadvmidad Posts: 2
    Having owned both an 01 and an 03 Denali XL, I was looking forward to the 07 model year (I need a new truck!). I wouldn't be caught dead in a 07 Yukon. It is about the ugliest thing that they could have thought of. Whomever is responsible for the bastardized Envoy should be at the unemployment line claiming insanity.
    That said I will be buying a new Suburban LTZ. It has close to the classic lines of the Denali, however I hate to give up the 6.2, AWD, 6 speed AT and the interior upgrades. When GM finally goes belly up they can blame it on the GMC division.
    I know Chevy has offered the basic Denali package with the 06 LTZ. Does anyone know if they have similar plans for 07? The web site says not, but maybe if there is enough demand they will realize that is what will sell.

Don
  • nedzelnedzel Posts: 787
    6 spd is supposed to come to the Tahoe/Suburban at some point. Unclear just when, however.
  • suburknocksuburknock Posts: 8
    :confuse: I have a new Suburban 2006 2500 4 wheel drive 8.1 engine which at first start of the day after running for 30 seconds has a light knock for 30 more seconds. For the rest of the warmed up day there is no knocking. This started after only 000,750 miles on it and now has 001,650. Does any one out there have an 8.1 that knocks. :mad:
  • motoworfmotoworf Posts: 8
    At one time they were the only ones producing an SUV with cargo door. Now others have them and GM has dropped production.

Has anyone heard of GM bringing back the cargo doors?
  • I have a 2004 2500 4 wheel with the 8.1 and the 4:1 rear. It knocked from day one and I was not happy. I asked GM for a 100,000 mile warranty on the motor and they gave it to me. The dealer backed me up so it was easy to get. It still knocks to this day and I have 47000 on the truck and pull a 10000 pound RV Trailer. They say its normal for the 8.1
  • rmejiarmejia Posts: 8
    Just installed new 22" wheels and tires on my suburban, I saved lots of money by buying them myself and installing them too. Problem is I can't seem to reset the tire pressure setting on all four tires. any suggestions? I have the DIC system if thats makes a difference.
  • I have a '99 Tahoe with the 5.? engine (not the 5.3) and it 'knocks' for about the first 30 seconds, especially in cold weather. My mechanic brother-in-law (who works on a lot of commercially used GM trucks) says it's 'piston slap' and a result of the engine design...and not a problem. My Tahoe has 170 kms on it and runs like a top...knock not withstanding.
  • May GM trucks are well known for what is commonly called Piston Slap. I have it on my 800 series 2000 5.3L Yukon and I have heard it on several 6.0L GM trucks. I took it to the dealer to complain several times when it was newer but they just printed a page from the GM dealer service intranet that said it was not considered a problem. Eventually they gave me a letter that said it will not cause long term damage. I know some that received an extension to 100,000 mi warranty only the motor. See www dot pistonslap dot com for more details.
  • I just noticed that in the last few weeks GM started offering the Yukon XL and the Suburban with the 6.0L for approximately an $1,100 upgrade. You don't have to order the 3/4 ton to get the 6.0L.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,322
    Since these are no longer future vehicles, let's take the talk to the existing discussions. Try these links:

2007 Caddy Escalade

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon

GMC Yukon XL and Yukon XL Denali

(Catam, your recent tranny post was moved to the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon discussion).

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

2»
This discussion has been closed.