Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave

Comments

• brutus22brutus22 Posts: 122
    simply use a 1/8" mini plug to 1/8 mini plug out of your headphone output of your ipod into the 1/8" mini input of the car. Simple as that, you probably have to select AUX for the Stereo head unit.

But I recall reading how GM and a bunch of others were offering more integrated IPOD interfaces, here is a blurb I found:
    "GM, on the other hand, has developed an iPod-specific device called the Personal Audio Link. This gadget, the size of a deck of cards, synchronizes the music player with the car's XM Satellite Radio band so that the XM interface can be used as controls--including displaying the song and artist information on the XM screen.

Like Ford's TripTunes Advanced, GM's iPod integration system will be located in the glove compartment and will also be able to charge the iPod while the ignition is running. The Personal Audio Link will make its debut this October in the 2006 and 2007 Chevrolet HHR sport utility vehicles; the carmaker will then gradually introduce the hardware into all 56 of its new car and truck models sold in the United States--mostly by the end of 2007.

GM's device will be an opt-in feature, retailing for about $160 plus installation charges. According to a statement from GM, a subscription to XM Satellite Radio will not be required for the Personal Audio Link to work."

Anyone have this set-up?

B.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,971
    Even if the Sienna gets regular doors it still will look like an ugly minivan, not a truck.

Some of us like sliders, although I must admit that I haven't shopped any crossovers (or anything else lately for that matter).

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• 62vetteefp62vetteefp Posts: 6,048
    Oh, sliding doors are nice with small kids. I had a Montana before my Envoy. But would easily take a CUV over a minivan anyday.
  • I'm new to the forums. Have been extensively researching CUVs. Have posted in the sister forum to this one. In brief, the Enclave brochure is very attractive. Features on the car are second to none for the money. Have priced Volvo XC-90, GL and M series, Mazda, Outlook and Acadia and can't beat the Enclave. Will this be my first non-Japanese car since the mid-70s? Could be. It surely looks good right now. (At 6-2, I can fit in this car and it meets safety, convenience, features needs). Check out the brochure and share comments. Thanks.
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Posts: 835
    Acadia hard to find? I drove by GMC/Pontiac/Buick/Hummer dealer in NE Memphis Saturday. Did not stop, but it looked as if they had at least 10 lined up out front. I just looked at their web site (probably includes their 3 dealerships) and it showed 35 Acadias in stock...could easily be incorrect, but they seem to be in stock now.
  • mtairyordgemtairyordge Posts: 144
    So this past Sat I went to test drive the Acadia. I was ready to buy but when I asked about the bluetooth for my cell I was informed that it was not available. Ok so when will it be, thinking 6 months or so. But No GM in its wisdom has decided to allow OnStar or Verizon to provide hands free communication with the Acadia. Why do I want to pay .20/minute with OnStar or have another cell account that no one will call me on.

GIVE ME A BREAK---

No wonder GM will soon become #2 or #3 they dont get it yet.

Sad thing is I would have gladly traded my Toyota for this vehicle. Guess I will wait till the new highlander comes out or treat myself with the new MDX. Can you say 1 with everything, please.
  • kimdvm1kimdvm1 Posts: 37
    I suspect this is probably a government regulation. While of course the driver shouldn't be watching a video, the passenger certainly could... but I suspect this is another case of the government thinking we are all too stupid. Or else GM is afraid of all the attorneys that would sue them if they thought it caused an accident.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    All vehicles including Motorhomes are made so you can't watch TV/DVD while the vehicle is moving. At least in every motorhome I have seen all you have to do is pull a fuse and the TV will operate while driving.
  • nxs138nxs138 Posts: 481
    I thought someone had recently posted that the 2008 models would have bluetooth. So if you can wait a few more months, you'll be all set *edit: actually, I think it's the rearview camera that is coming in 2008*

I agree with you, this Onstar deal is for suckers who don't know any better (no offense to anyone).
    SPRING HILL, Tenn. -- Saturn did a very un-Saturn thing last week: It shut down its factory here for retooling.

Back in 1996, Saturn broke ground for General Motors when it showed the automaker how to execute its first rolling model change. Former Saturn engineers are still teaching the practice around GM today.

Spring Hill was built to emulate GM's efficient Japanese competitors, who routinely switch models without stopping the assembly line. Detroit 3 factories typically had shut down for weeks to prepare for new models.

On Friday, March 30, Spring Hill built its last Saturn vehicle. Starting this week, the plant will be out of commission for 16 months as technicians and contractors remove equipment, redesign assembly lines and introduce a new vehicle, a Chevrolet crossover.
  • myblubumyblubu Posts: 6
    Anyone have a Gold Mist Outlook with Black Leather interior??? About to pull the trigger on a different color, but my wife thinks she would like this color combination, but it would have to be ordered. I would like to see pics of one before we commit to waiting.

Anyone have this color combination that could share some pics???
  • I live in Lansing where all these CUV's are made. Recently, I have seen a lot of Enclaves on the road - i live a few miles from the plant. The Enclave to me has a old school look when you see it coming at you. Normally I like the old school look, but this one does not do it for me. I thought I would really like the Enclave over the Acadia, but not anymore after seeing it on the road in person. Just wondering if anyone has seen them on the road and felt the same way.
    They are around here in Detroit and all I have heard is great comments. In fact yours is the first I have heard anywhere that disliked the styling.
  • mrblonde49mrblonde49 Posts: 626
    They are around here in Detroit and all I have heard is great comments. In fact yours is the first I have heard anywhere that disliked the styling. "

Count me as another. Looks too bug-eyed to me (especially with the conspicuous blue "iris" in the middle, and I don't like the grill that much. I really like the other 2 (I go back and forth on which I like better, I saw a beautiful Pearl white Outlook the other day in person, now that may be in the lead). But wouldn't even consider the Enclave if and when we are in the market in a few years

Good thing that GM has choices!!

I love the flowing lines and "different" look of the Enclave.
    He also said the recent launch of GM's crossover utility vehicles, the
    GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook, are off to a good start. About 55% of
    Acadia and Outlook buyers so far are new to GM, which LaNeve said "is a
    very good number."
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,045
    The Enclave has a crafted look to it, something like the CTS. If the headlight treatment were on a Toyota or Honda, my opinion is it would be accepted more broadly as great.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Posts: 702
    I like the Enclave because it is so stylized. My order of preference is Enclave, Acadia, Outlook. They all look nice, and it is nice to see that GM's current brand engineering amounts to more than slapping on a different grille and tail lights, as it was for so many years. I currently drive a Dodge Magnum, certainly a car that you either love or hate. For me, the look of a vehicle has to catch me, or it is all over. Once I see a look I like, then it is past the first cut and on to the substance of the car. I can never look at a car as an appliance and I will never own a car that makes me wince or even not smile as I walk into the garage each morning to drive to work. Life is too short to not enjoy it a little. The fact that we now have so many quality choices available to us from many car makers is what makes America great!
    I think the future of Buick designs will be polarizing.

The Lucerne and LaCrosse were designed to not offend anyone as do most high volume products. However Buick is no longer a high volume producer and needs to change. Chrysler did it with their 300/magnum. Many hate, many love but most have an opinion either way.

Cannot wait until the new LaCrosse is here.
  • loachloach Posts: 246
    Thinking of purchasing an Outlook. Just wondering about the incentives (currently no rebates, but only 4.9% 36mo financing - this ends April 3rd). Just wondering what's going to happen after the current promotions end. I am more interested in Cash/rebate than a low interest rate. With the start of '08 production in June, I'm wondering if there will be something on the '07's as we get closer to June? In looking at previous posts in this forum, I did notice that there was a Loyalty $1K that I must have just missed that could be applied on an Outlook. What usually happens this time of year with incentives???

Autodollars.com is now reporting a $1,000 rebate on the Outlook good through 4/30. I don't see it on Edmunds yet.
This discussion has been closed.