Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave

Comments

• turboshadowturboshadow Posts: 349
    The more and more I see the Outlook, the less and less I like it. I hope it looks better in person. Looks kinda big, too.

Plus, LookOut! is a rather unfortunate name... ;)
  • gtforme2gtforme2 Posts: 23
    Yep, you're right. I've seen the pic's and if hadn't been for seeing the Enclave first, I'd say this thing looks really good. It still does retain some of the lines just not as emphasized. Interior bit more tame as well. Overall though good looking vehicle.
  • vanman1vanman1 Posts: 1,397
    When is the GMC version going to be shown?
  • gunga64gunga64 Posts: 271
    Seems to me that the forum is mostly interested in styling and engine size of the Outlook and others... I'm looking for MPG. But with 260+hp I guess I will have to look elsewhere.
  • edkleinedklein Posts: 34
    I wouldn't discount that just yet. With the new 3.6L engine and 6 speed transmission, I'm hopeful that these cars will be able to rate better than 30mpg hwy.
  • deerlake7deerlake7 Posts: 162
    Looking at a recent write-up on the Outlook, the AWD MPG ratings were 16 city, 24 highway. This vehicle weighs just under 5000 lbs. and is around 200 inches long. For me, GM missed the boat if they're aiming for a mid-sized crossover. I thought my Pilot at 4450 lbs. was overweight.
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    24 MPG?

acceptable, but nothing fantastic.

Is it just me, or does the Outlook look significantly longer than the Pilot?
    The Pilot is 188" vs. the Outlook at 200". The Outlook is very close to the Tahoe in size.
  • edkleinedklein Posts: 34
    Man, that is a lot heavier that I was expecting. A Honda Odyssey Touring weighs a good deal less than that and gets better mileage. Granted, we're talking AWD on the Outlook (what's the source on that, anyway?) but I can't see a 2WD giving back more than 2mpg, so say 26 hwy.

I'm seriously considering looking at these vehicles when I make my next purchase in about two years. But, if I'm going to give up that much cargo space over a minivan, it has got to give more back in the mileage department.
  • chrisl0chrisl0 Posts: 114
    I am amazed that Saturn all of a sudden is coming out with such greats cars/suv's. This is what a SUV should be, big, fairly fuel efficent, roomy, and loaded with features. I love the interior also. They have the shifter on the floor like the Mountaineer/Explorer, have voice acitvated nav system like the Pilot, and a power liftgate which is only a feature on mini vans or hi end suv's. My father was looking for a SUV and he is considering the Mountaineer and Pilot I will convince him to get this SUV. Just wish they would have more Saturn dealerships around..........
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    The size of the Outlook looks to be about the same as my Ford Freestyle 200/68/74 L/W/H. Maybe the Outlook will even be a little wider to fit 3 pass in the 3rd row. In most aspects, the Outlook is pretty similar to Freestyle. I'm getting 26mpg HWY and I paid $25K with rear A/C heat, tri-level climate, safety pkg, convenience grp), so if the Outlook comes in at the same price, the Freestyle would be one of the competitors.

I think one advantage of the American mid-sized SUVs is on the interior space of their 3 row mid-sized SUVs. The Pilot & Highlander are both pretty tight inside, but you do need about 200" in length to get decent legroom in the 3rd row and 20cubic ft of luggage space behind the 3rd row.
  • n9upcn9upc Posts: 1
    When I found out about the Saturn Outlook I called the Saturn dealer and talked with the same person that just sold my wife her SUV (VUE) only about a month ago.

When I talked ot the salesman he advised that some of the info has just become available. The vehicle itself will not be available until later this summer (he was thinking maybe end of June, or July, then again maybe August???)

However, he advised of the following: The Aura is along the lines of the Malibu, the Prevue is along the lines of the Buick Enclave, and the Outlook is along the lines of a GMC Envoy/Chevk Trailblazr.

To me this made complete sense since if you look at all of them on the Saturn website and at the pics of them they do all look like the model they are based along with.

I have been looking for an SUV but could not seem to choke down the price/issues of the Envoy/Trailblazer. But, now with the prelim info I was told I thin that this vehicle is what I need.

AWD/FWD, capable to pull 4,500lbs., 3 rows of seats, able to seat 8 people, DVD voice prompt Nav, a lot of the features of the Tahoe. Just all around a vehicle I will like and enjoy from what it seems.
    According to a leasing website, Outlook production startup is scheduled for 11/14/06, so in dealers around mid-December?
    Aww weak I was hoping they be out like towards the end of the summer to early fall. I wanted to get a good look at it ASAP. :(
  • waltawalta Posts: 13
    IMHO, the Saturn Outlook's interior looks so cheap when compared with the Buick Enclave's interior. While I realize that Buick is suppose to be more upscale, I don't think that requires Saturn to look so low-class. Saturn, leave that to Chevy. :shades:

The only think I don't like on the Buick, are those coach-class-like fold down trays! What was Buick thinking??? Is Buick going to hand out bags of peanuts too? I would want first class from Buick, not coach!
    Heh, I think the interior of the Outlook is fairly good. Its not Buick good since it doesn't cost as much.
  • Iam very pleased with what they have done with the Enclave. I think Luts' ideas about interiors are finally starting to sink in. The interior is DYNAMITE I love the color of the metal agianst the blonde wood. The exterior is also very nice that water fall gril is something. But there are still acouple of things that peole dont need.First, who need 4 dvd screens and then 2 of them moves between 2nd and 3rd rows. Those Coach styled sockets on back of the 1st row seats look complicated to work. That center stack looks amazing but it would be hard to out of 3rd and 2nd row. Also those tray tables are just stupid but nice looking but stupid. But ayways if Buick can just get ride of those bugs im telling they would a winner on there hands. Its such a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L car and if they price it right ill be the first one inline to get it and i never ever ever would think i would concider a Buick and im in my mid 20s :)
  • tdiidmantdiidman Posts: 35
    Just saw on the NHTSA web site (www.safercar.gov) that the Acadia received 5 stars (the highest rating) for driver and front passenger crash protection in frontal crashes. The performance in side impact crashes and the rollover ratings are not yet posted but are listed as "to be rated" so I'm hoping they'll be out soon. So far, so good.
  • kjnormankjnorman Posts: 243
    Please remember that the Enclave is a concept vehicle and so a lot of what you see will not make it to final production.

Yep, people do not need 4 DVD screens, so that'll go, but perhaps two screens will remain - one for each of the second row. That would make sense.

Expect those coach class trays to go as well. I would be very surprised to see those stay. Other things likely to disappear, the leather trimmed center consol and some of the nicer finishing materials.

At the end of the day, this will probably shift from a beautiful car to an okay looking car. I just hope they do not mess up the interior too much as they productionize it.

One thing I would like to see is the rear dvd screens built into the front head rests rather than being stuck up in the headliner (I have never liked that).
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Posts: 6,048
    The Lamda is a full size SUV on a non framed chassis. It is meant to be a replacement for the Tahoe w/o the "real" truck capabilities (of road/heavy trailering) that many buyers do not need.
    I agree that the these SUV's have turned out to be "full sized." On the other hand, it's my recollection that these vehicles were originally "forecasted" to be mid-sized and competition for the Toyota Highlander and Honda Pilot. FWIW, I see this trio simply taking sales away from the Tahoe like vehicles in a shrinking demographic and not be much of a threat, or alternative to the higher growth mid-sized market. Personally, I was hoping to replace my Pilot with one of these, but if the 16 MPG in the city is true, I'll wait for the next update of the Highlander, or Pilot.
    The Outlook gets about 2 MPG better highway compared to the Pilot, the Pilot only gets about 1 MPG city better than the Outlook. I was considering the Pilot and Mountaineer but I feel that I will buy the Outlook over those two because it offers so much more. I been in the third row of a Pilot I was disappointed. A 1 MPG difference isn't going to bother me much, especially if the highway mileage is 2 MPG better than the Pilot. Plus the Outlook offers the same features then some. Way to buy my back GM ;) .
    Outlook: 16/24 mpg with all-wheel drive
    Pilot: 17/22 mpg with all-wheel drive
    You're right, the mileage on the Pilot isn't the best, but in the end, I want to move up rather than down, especially in the city. Toyota's new 3.5 litre V6 shows some promise of being able to move the Highlander's fuel efficiency up and it sounds like Honda is doing some work on their 3.5. As I recall, in the Camry, the Toyota 3.5 is 22 city and 31 hwy, while the GM's 3.6 in the Aura is something like 18 city and 27 hwy. I want GM to succeed, but I question if they can with this trio of big, heavy vehicles, spread over three brands.
    Well you need to buy what you think is best for your own needs, I like the Outlook since it has allot of room considering the size and gas mileage it gets. It also comes with all the advanced features I wanted so I am blown away with what it offers. Not to mention the person in the third row gets allot of leg room with allot of useable space behind the third row. The Buick is nice also but it is probably close to 50k or more fully loaded. I don't know if the Toyota gets that good of mileage unless you get the hybird. Anyway good luck with your purchase. ;)
    General Motors will phase out Buick's Rendezvous and Rainier next spring and replace them with the near-luxury Enclave crossover.

Bowden said the eight-passenger Enclave likely will have a transaction price in the "mid-$30,000 range", close to the Rainier but "considerably more" than the Rendezvous.

"We're taking (Enclave) to the next level, whether it's the style, quality, craftsmanship and quietness of the cabin," said Chong-Ae Shah, Buick product director.
    Mid $30's fully loaded?
    Very good question. Depends what loaded means and what they offer on it. A Yukon starts at $35,000 and can get over $50k. This vehcle will be similar in size and can carry 8 people in comfort. It will not have the off-road and trailering capacity but will have better gas mileage.

I can easily see this car getting close to $40k loaded if not over. But hopefully close to $35k with leather and the normal options of a fully loaded vehicle (no nav?).

But then again I have no idea!!!
    Yea its a nice SUV but I think I will buy the Outlook over the Buick version since I can get it fully loaded (Including NAV) without spending over $40k.
    where have you found pricing for the outlook?
This discussion has been closed.