Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave

1939495969799»

Comments

• Like other manufacturers, GM is often reluctant to publicly admit problems. Instead, it describes such things as banging engines in brand-new trucks as "perfectly normal," while secretly buying back vehicles from consumers who are assertive to retain a lawyer. It's been playing this little game lately with its full-sized pickups and SUVs.

Then there's DexCool, the standard coolant on many new GM vehicles. The owner's manual states that this stuff lasts up to 100,000 miles. In fact, in all too many cases, the coolant turns to gunk long before then, causing serious problems that include overheating and subsequent engine failure. GM knows about the problem but so far has refused to take responsibility.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news03/gm_buyback.html

:P
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    Kind of like the Toyota sludge problems on the Camry, the Tundra engines blowing up on brand new trucks or the big recall and few deaths on their trucks due to hesatation. Same problem that Toyota owners have been fighting with Toyota on certain models of Lexus and the Camry but it is all on deaf ears. Sinse you are toyota4life you couldn't see a problem if it was right in front of your nose so why not go back to your Toyota boards and ejoy.
  • drwilscdrwilsc Posts: 140
    Has anyone had a chance to sample an '09 Lambda? Can you tell a difference in the acceleration with the Direct Injected engine?
  • I wish I could share toyota4life's confidence in Toyota products and dealers. My experiences with my 2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited and my local dealer's service dept have been below standard. The truck itself has always been giving electronic trouble of some kind- mosltly minor stuff, but annoying. However, the central computer module has had to be replaced, and now the throttle body assembly ($1036 + labor) for some electrical fault. The truck was liable to stall ANYWHERE. It was very dangerous.
    Also the first Sequoias had a braking system that was not adequate for the weight of the truck. Our brakes have been replaced at least three if not four times in 75k miles, and it's not the driver's fault. We put up 65k on our last vehicle before we had to replace the brakes.
    Lastly, I have been overcharged, cheated and lied to my face by my local Toyota service manager.
    We just bought a Buick Enclave CXL(Goodbye Toyota). So far we like it. I know that now there is a recall coming up- so what? I've had GM prducts that have been recalled before- they just fix the problem and give the car back.
  • Will be going to BBB arbitration hearing 10/08 for refund on our 08' Outlook. Since 10/07 the vehicle has 55 days out of service, from an engine rebuild to a passive airbag deployment. Look Out Honda, here I come. :)
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
    A reporter is looking to interview owners of a 2007 or 2008 minivan, SUV or crossover that is loaded with two or more high-tech features such as a navigation system, DVD player, heated mirrors, parking sensors, rear view cameras, iPod connectivity, radio data system, Bluetooth, satellite radio, tire pressure monitoring, universal garage door opener, Sync, etc. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com before Friday, October 10, 2008 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your vehicle.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• I have read quite enough about GM's quality issues, especially with the Outlooks. Thanks for your post, you've helped me with my decision. Toyota here I come!
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Posts: 6,048
    Do not know about what you have read but I have had one issue on my Enclave. the right rear taillamp chrome strip was gone one day. Assume a carwash pulled it off. The supplier must not have applied it incorrectly. Other than that it has been great.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. :P
  • ccat130ccat130 Posts: 3
    Our Acadia was purchased new in May 2007. A year later I couldn't believe the catastrophic failures the vehicle had. Our history now includes a transmission rebuild, 4 transmission leak repairs, a failed batter, a failed air conditioner part that caused water to drain inside the car in pint size quantities, a failed water pump, and the last straw was that the engine just had to be removed for another major failure. All of the service has been through GMC dealers and warranted, but I have no confidence in the vehicle for my family to drive it. I tried to get help trading it from GM, but once they had my money that didn't care. This was a fully loaded $42,000 vehicle that has spent 8 weeks in the shop with the engine , transmission, water pump, AC system, and battery all having major failures. It is my problem now. I shouldn’t have to trade in a 2 year old car. It looks like that is going to cost me $10,000 out of pocket to trade it.

I would be extremely careful before looking at the GMC Acadia, Chevy Traverse, Saturn Outlook, or Buick Enclave they are all the same vehicle.
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Posts: 839
    Did you look into your state's Lemon Law to see if you qualified for a buyback with all those problems?
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,458
    What did the dealership say when you point out these many service visits you say occurred?
  • pcoelhopcoelho Posts: 1
    Just bought my used 2007 acadia beginning of June 2009. Had a battery problem first day. Just brought it in for an oil leak, seems like this is the 2nd time it has had an oil leak. Dealer called today and said now there is a problem with power steering unit. I have a bad feeling about where this may be headed.
This discussion has been closed.