Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Charger Lease Questions

123457»

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hey drkchai. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 with 12,000 miles per year are 4.5% and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 3.87% and 55%.

I believe that there's only a $500 cash incentive on leases of the SRT8 trim level right now. This is a pretty low volume vehicle, so I'm not personally all that familiar with the market for it right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • lexxluthorlexxluthor Posts: 5
    Hey carman i am looking at 2013 charger with a $37000 MSRP and discount of $7000. Im in Syracuse NY and looking at payments for 24 or 36 month lease. Any help would be appreciated.
  • bashiqbashiq Posts: 2
    1st time poster. I'm in the market to lease a 2013 Dodge Charger SxT. I don't mind the base car, but every dealer I've been to wants to push the SXT with extra packages. Wanted to know what a good deal on the SXT would be. For a sticker price of $34,000, I've been quoted anywhere from $419 to $565, with $1,000 out of pocket. Also, can anyone tell me what the July 2013 money factor and residual rates are for SXT's. thanks
  • Hi, would you please post MFN and rv for charger rt awd, 36 mo and 15k mi. Doesn't look like dodge is offering much in the way of incentives. Anything new for October? Thanks.
  • 2014 Dodge Charger R/T AWD 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00071 MF and 54% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• amirasamiras Posts: 15

Hi carman! Can you please post the January lease rates and residuals for a 2014 Dodge Charger R/T RWD (24 and 36 months)? Thanks!!

• kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,876

@amiras said: Hi carman! Can you please post the January lease rates and residuals for a 2014 Dodge Charger R/T RWD (24 and 36 months)? Thanks!!

36mo, 15K/yr lease: .00015 MF and 53% residual

24mo, 15K/yr lease: .00032 MF and 64% residual

kyfdx

• amirasamiras Posts: 15

Sorry for the additional question, but do you have the SXT RWD numbers as well for 24 and 36 months? Thanks a lot!!!

@amiras said: Sorry for the additional question, but do you have the SXT RWD numbers as well for 24 and 36 months? Thanks a lot!!!

.00025 MF and 52% residual for 36

.00010 MF and 62% residual for 24

• Kyfdx, can you help me figure this out?

I'm looking to lease a Charger SRT w/ 12k miles a year for 36 months. $0 down. MSRP about $53k. Let's just say we subtract the current $3,500 incentive along with a few points for the sake of this discussion. Final sale price around $48k. The best lease price I'm getting from any dealer in the mid-west/east coast is ~$850/month. Even the Dodge website payment tool (which is based on MSRP) says this should be closer to $650.

$850 is pretty darn close to what I lease my $70k BMW for.

Are the Charger SRT's really looking at ~38% residual after 36 months, or is there more to this?

Appreciate the advice.

.00015 MF and 52% residual..

Using those rough parameters (and assuming your numbers are correct) I get about $579/mo, plus tax..

Add about $28/mo pre-tax to that for every $1000 higher in CAP cost... You really need to ask them the sellling price, cap cost and money factor/residual being used.. Even jacking up the money factor for sign and drive, plus extra dealer profit is only going to add $50/mo. to that calculation..

• Appreciate the response. They've responded with .00057 MF and 51% residual, plus a very bloated cap cost, $55k. Not sure what the disconnect is. I showed them the SRT site and the advertised lease rate http://www.drivesrt.com/2014/charger-srt/. They ran the same car and came back with another ~$200/month. I even called SRT and they said it should be what you and I are coming up with.

Seeing as how every dealer I've had quote it is so close in price, I can only assume that there is lease program information that is not making it to them. Oh, well... maybe it will correct in Feb.

The problem you get with max price trims... is that dealers assume those buyers are not price sensitive. They are marking up the money factor the maximum allowed, and going for the home run. They probably don't get a lot of $55K Chargers, so they don't feel the need to bargain. If you only have one, you wait for the guy that just has to have it..

So... I'm sure they have the lease program... they just don't feel the need to bargain.

• bwilliams11bwilliams11 Posts: 3
    edited February 5

Yeah, I'm not that guy. Thanks for the help. I think I'll keep my business with BMW.

• naimy1992naimy1992 Posts: 6
    edited February 24

What is the residual and money factor for a 2014 dodge charger RT max awd for 36 months with 10k a year? Also what is the acquisition fee for this car? Thank you!!

• @naimy1992 said: What is the residual and money factor for a 2014 dodge charger RT max awd for 36 months with 10k a year? Also what is the acquisition fee for this car? Thank you!!

.00029 MF and 58% residual. $595 acquisition fee.

• andremikeandremike Posts: 33

I have been toying with buying a 1 or 2 year old used charger or possibly leasing a new one. I am conflicted that there might be some better deals on a charger in the coming months when the new 2015 comes out.

but anyway,,,, I see some lease numbers that caught my eye on Dodge's website. so what are the residuals and money factor at 15K per year, 36mo, on a 2014 charger sxt plus 100th anniversary edition? MSRP is $36880 what is the invoice price and what incentives are going on right now?

Any idea on a payment for this car with $2500 down?

Thanks Mike

• Michaell@EdmundsMichaell@Edmunds ColoradoPosts: 1,109

@andremike said: I have been toying with buying a 1 or 2 year old used charger or possibly leasing a new one. I am conflicted that there might be some better deals on a charger in the coming months when the new 2015 comes out.

but anyway,,,, I see some lease numbers that caught my eye on Dodge's website. so what are the residuals and money factor at 15K per year, 36mo, on a 2014 charger sxt plus 100th anniversary edition? MSRP is $36880 what is the invoice price and what incentives are going on right now?

Any idea on a payment for this car with $2500 down?

Thanks Mike

Before we get into details, I just read something yesterday that Dodge will be offering 12 month leases on the Charger and Challenger if you then trade into the new 2015 model. I don't have any numbers for this program, but I suspect the residual will be quite high. Dodge has contracted with Enterprise and they will purchase all the cars at the end of the 12 months.

So, you get a car now and the newer, better one in a year.

michaell@edmunds.com

Moderator, Prices Paid and Leasing Experiences

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• andremikeandremike Posts: 33

yea i saw that..

• Michaell@EdmundsMichaell@Edmunds ColoradoPosts: 1,109

.00032 and 51% for 36/15 on the Charger SXT 100th Anniversary

michaell@edmunds.com

Moderator, Prices Paid and Leasing Experiences

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

123457»