Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda5 Audio & Entertainment Questions

124»

Comments

• No, but it can be ordered. But if you are flexible the 08 has an Aux input.
  • Have you guys seen this add on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.ch/MP3-Player-for-MAZDA-M6-M5-M3-MX5-RX8-CX7-MPV-Premacy_W0QQite- mZ350013456363QQihZ022QQcategoryZ3293QQcmdZViewItem

This looks like the ticket. I did a money converter and it prices out at a little less than $60.00-US
  • I finally got my ipod cable from the dealer until I can get my double din piece. I hate it. You really do not have a clue what you are going to listen to as it acts as a 6 disc changer and you scroll through it. You can prime the ipod by preselecting what you what to hear but that doesn't work. Sometimes it looses it all and starts all over. I do audio books on my ipod and it is really fun to try to find where you are on those.
    Finally the speedline is back from chinese new year (www.thespeedline.com) and I have finally gotten to order the double din plate. 145.+ 4.00 insurance and 40 to ship it. Alot of money but will be worth every penny to put my Kenwood 7100 double din in with navigation without having every thing on the windshield, and on the seat. I will update as to my progress. I know these dashes are good to look at but so limited in the functions of the radio.
  • we have a 20 :confuse: 08 gt with nav. What I would like to know is if anyone knows if the nav/cd combo has a place in the rear to plug in RCA cables for accessory hook-up. In the source screen there are two non-highlighted touch commands that have pictures of RCA cables for auxillary imputs. Before I go snooping behind a 2000 dollar nav unit, are they really there? any help would be appreciated. :confuse:
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    You have an aux jack...will that not do?
  • I don't know Japanese but in the Mazda Japan Web Site the Premacy (aka Mazda5 here) has the RCA (factory or option, not sure, see pic), so I'm assuming yours is grayed-out as the option is not available here. Maybe research aftermarket?
    Link to web site screenshot (in case it does not show up below):
    http://www.carspace.com/coolmazda5/Albums/audio/premacy_mazda5_rca.jpg/photo/v./- - photo.jpg

Web Site screenshot (in case it shows up here in this forum):

Source:
    www.premacy.mazda.co.jp
  • mws_74mws_74 Posts: 4
    We took an '08 Touring for a drive yesterday and were told that the Grand Touring model comes with a Bose stereo system. Any truth to this rumor? I find nothing online that shows the audio package is upgraded from the Touring to the Grand Touring.

Thanks in advance,
    MS from IL
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    The salesperson is either smoking crack or you are posting in the wrong forum.

My money is on the crack pipe.
  • coolmazda5coolmazda5 Posts: 525
    It is a package option for the CX-7 and the CX-9 but not for the Mazda5
  • lgearylgeary Posts: 2
    what adapter is needed to hook a amp to the stock stereo??
  • lgearylgeary Posts: 2
    how do i change the battery for my 06 mazda 5 key?
  • coolmazda5coolmazda5 Posts: 525
    Owner's manual has that information
  • jonat1xjonat1x Posts: 34
    I'm finding the bass response disappointing on my stock 2008 Touring. Does anyone have any tips about installing a subwoofer - location, type of unit, connection tips, etc?
  • I just purchased an 09 Mazda5 Grand Touring and I am finding the same lack of bass. Did you add a subwoofer or upgrade the speakers? I am interested to hear what you did to overcome this.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,517
    I have an Infinity Basslink that I've transfered between a few cars and it always does a nice job of adding the missing bass for such a small unit. Thing is, if I wanted to add it to our Mazda5, I have no idea where I would be able to fit it and not disrupt the usable passenger space.

There are thin units available that could fit under the front passenger seat of our Mazda5 (we have a sport model, so I don't know if the GT has the same space under the seat).

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• vicenacvicenac Posts: 229
    How about in the golf bag compartment in the trunk?
    Maybe. You'd have to carefully measure before buying anything. I find that tray so oddly shaped (is it really for a golf bag??). PLUS, if you want to get to the spare, make sure you leave yourself a good deal of excess wire to move the tray out to access the tire.

• vicenacvicenac Posts: 229
    The "golf bag" compartment is opposite of the Jack. It is on the wall on the right side.
    edited March 2010
    Really?? haha.
    Now I'll have to go home and take a look at that.
    It would be nice to have a place I could shove some of the garbage my wife drives around with constantly.

• ccartyccarty Posts: 1
    my car radio was stolen, what is a compatible audio system with reversing aid should i buy
124»
This discussion has been closed.