Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MPG: Real World Numbers for Your Wagon

PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808
Having lived through the recent spike in gasoline prices, more people have become aware of, and concerned about fuel efficiency when considering what vehicle to purchase.

With that in mind, let's use this discussion to talk about the kind of mileage numbers folks are getting from the increasingly popular wagons on the market!

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

Tagged:

Comments

• We've had this V6 wagon for about 4 years, and we get about 19 mpg around town (small CA town, lots of lights) and about 24-25 on highway trips. Given that its quite a peppy little car, its not bad, though my 14-year old Acura Legend (3.2l V6 also) gets about the same mileage - I'd have hoped for improvements in the decade and a half thats passed!
  • CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE REAL WORLD MILEAGE THEY ARE GETTING WITH THE MAGNUM SE 2.7L V6 VS. THE SXT 3.5L?
  • warhorse1warhorse1 Posts: 14
    Can't understand why people get low MPG, I have a 2001 SES 24 valve wagon, driven sensibly and excepting a U.K. galleon is 8 pints to the U.S. 7 I manage highway between 32 36 MPG I find light footwork and more let it rolls does give a pretty good return, best car on the market for the money. I only ever buy Taurus's