Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Land Cruiser Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• drjosedrjose Posts: 12
    There is one at Roseville Toyota for $ 7,000.00 under MSRP. I found another one; this one loaded with options at Walser Toyota in Bloomington MN for $30.00 over invoice. Jose
  • rxdrxd Posts: 1
    I recently completed a deal for a new landcruiser and was wondering if this was a good deal. I think it is but if not I may change the deal to finance it. (I have always wanted a TLC and leasing right now would be better for me).

This is also my first lease. The edmunds calculator gave me a figure of 968.64 so I don't know where the discrepancy is?

MSRP 67488
    Price paid 59580
    Term 36 months, 12000 miles per year
    MF 0.00283
    Residual 31763
    Cash down (including first months payments & acquisition fee) 5000
    Fees 605
    Taxes 1857.79

Payment 996.27
  • yes i think u paid too much for it..sice u did not have a rear ent...usuallly for that price u get the rear ent...but its the best suv around am on my third one have an 03 before i had a 92,2001...planning on gettng the 07...if i can get a good deal on an 06..maybe i'll settle for that...
  • mdsdmdsd Posts: 26
    hi Trina, i think you meant this email to RXD and not to me (mdsd)....
    i bought mine at $63,000 fully loaded (purchased)a 2006 model.
  • I have located a new, fully loaded TLC with all options and accessories (except rear seat entertainment system....which I don't want anyway) for a price of $55,761 plus delivery,tax and license.
    This is approx. 10 grand below the sticker.

Should I grab this deal?

I've owned several Toyota's and Lexus' in the past....but this is my first Land Cruiser.
    are you sure about this price ??? $55,761
    of course you should grab it, but it seems a little fishy, that dealership must not want to make any money on this deal....i paid $63,000 for mine fully loaded.
  • mdsd...yes that IS the price. Actually $ 9500 lower than the sticker.
    But, I am concerned about all the negative reports on gas consumption. Gas prices certainly aren't going to get lower over the next few years, especially here in California.
    What kind of mileage are you, and others, getting?
  • Could you please let everyone know where you are finding this deal?
    yes please let us know....i just paid $63,000 for mine last May 2006.. I might wanna sell my cruiser and purchase from eveningrise's dealership...
  • first of all, neither of you---mdsd and jamesbass1---responded to my question about gas mileage for the TLC. i am concerned about the poor reports i am hearing about. 2ndly, regarding pricing---deal only with internet or fleet sales people at dealerships. there is no BS with these folks and you get quotes immediately, with no haggling. i can't disclose the dealership i am talking to right now because if i decide to get the car, i want it to still be there. it seems these vehicles don't get sold too often. by the way, i have found to other fully loaded 2006 models---without rear entertainment---one for $57,500 and the other for $56,581.
    if you post your email address, and i end up NOT purchasing one of these vehicles, i will send you the dealer info.....for a small commission :)

miles per gallon info, please :confuse:
  • You're considering a 5000+ lbs vehicle, with full time 4WD. If you're after a higly fuel efficient machine, you will be very disappointed with the LC. The real world mileage is really not much different than the EPA ratings on the sticker.

OTOH, if you want what many consider to be the best all around SUV made you'll be more than pleased with a LC. ;)
  • Since I don't own a new Cruiser...yet, I can only give you what many people that do own them have told me...about 16-18 mpg on Hwy, around town, expect around 13-14 mpg.
  • Those are my typical mileage ranges in my '02 with a lift and oversize tires. Of course, I coast a lot too :)
  • Has anyone bought a land cruiser in NJ (DVD, navigation, etc.) recently? If yes then, what is reasonable price in comparison with MSRP or dealer invoice? Dealer recos would be great also.
  • martinfmartinf Posts: 121
    I have had a 2001 TLC since 5/01. At that time, the vehicles had an MSRP of $58,000 without Nav. The local dealer in San Diego (Pacific Beach Toyota, now Mossy Toyota) advertised all in stock for $10,000 off. Although I was considering a lightly equipped Tahoe for a lot less, my TLC has proven to be well worth it. It now has 87,000 miles on it. My gas mileage is generally about 12 to 13 MPG around town, closer to 15 MPG on 120 mile trips to Big Bear Lake. I would HIGHLY recommend getting the Toyota Platinum Extended Warranty. Among some minor issues (power lumbar support), I had the transmission replaced at 70,000 miles (it would have cost about $3200 otherwise). However, I would HIGHLY recommend not buying it from the selling dealer. Midwest Toyota (Witchita, KS) and Mechanicsville Toyota (Virginia) will both sell you the extended warranty for approximately half of what the Toyota Financial Services website says is the MSRP on the warranty. I bought a 2007 Camry LE for my mother last April and paid $520 for a 7yr/75,000 mile/0 deductible warranty which had an MSRP of $1150. The selling dealer (Mossy Toyota) wanted $1430 for the exact same thing. If you want to shop it further, I placed an extensive list of dealers who discount the warranty on the Toyota Camry Forum. Just search for the martinf postings. I never knew you could get the warranty from another dealer, but these forums have taught me a lot about the car business. I called Midwest Toyota's Finance manager, gave him my credit card over the phone, and I had my official Toyota Warranty Docs in the mail within a few days. Easy and much cheaper than my selling dealer. If you have already bought the extended warranty from your dealer and paid too much, you have 60 days to rescind from Toyota Financial Services and re-buy from the cheaper dealer!!

PS - If you can wait, I do believe there will be an entirely new TLC for 2008. That will certainly drive the prices of the 2007 models down, or you may want the new vehicle. I am sure Toyota engineers have not been sitting on their hands since the introduction of this current version in 1998.
  • mercaramercara Posts: 291
    There is a separate thread for real-world MPG. I avg 16-17 on a 2002 in mixed driving conditions. 2006 maybe about a mile better with the five speed tranny as opposed my 4 speed.
  • mercaramercara Posts: 291
    Does anyone know if it possible to order a new TLC without the NAV and fancy suspension? I want to get the last 2007 and keep it for a long time. Don't want to spend 10000K down the line when the screen fails and fancy suspension fails.
  • bbaunbbaun Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the 4 threaded holes in the rear bumper of my 1997 Land Cruiser can be used for light towing or a luggage rack? Are their any accessaries on the market to bolt a receiver using these holes? Thank You in advance for any information.
  • dds872dds872 Posts: 6
    Recently my wife and I rented a 2006 Jeep Commander for a four day trip to Detroit from PA. We had test drove a Limited with a Hemi when they first came out but the high gas prices and poor mileage scared us away. However after this trip and the feeling of safety a 5 thousand pound vehicle can provide we are rethinking our purchase. So we started to cross shop the Land Cruiser with the Commander and came across a Land Cruiser brand new loaded with Nav,back up camera and rear entertainment system for $56 and some change from $66. I thought that was dam good for a Toyota product. I remember before the gas prices my father wanted to purchase a LC and they wouldn’t budge. However 56 g’s is a little steep. Although we loved the LC , we felt that the Commander matched it option for option, pound for pound both vehicles have excellent off road capabilities drive similar on road and we could get it with a Hemi for thousands less. So I am going to pursue the heavily discounted Commander. There are a few 06’s left out there that I checked out and the dealer was willing to give 12 g’s off , I felt like I was being held captive, they didn’t want to let me leave the dealer ship. Well I hope that this info helps anyone who is looking for a LC and doesn’t overpay knowing that it too is being heavily discounted.
  • My wife and I had a similar experience. We started looking at Seqouias back in August, too big for us. Ignored the TLC because pricing was out of sight....in December the dealer called us because they were offering heavy discounts. We ended up buying a 2006 dealer demo TLC with 6,000 miles on it for $54K. We LOVE this vehicle, yes it's expensive and hard on gas, but no worries in the snow and the ride is great. Typical toyota quality and reliability - they have been building the LC for many years and have a vehicle that is tough to beat. Have not had much luck with american products, reliability, quality and resale have not matched Toytotas in my opinion.