Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2006 Subaru STI vs. 2006 Infiniti G35 coupe

124»

Comments

• There are also people that are very satisfied with their Kia's and Suzuki's. They think they got the best bang for the buck and belong to a certain group( auto non-enthusiasts). Most likely there upgrade will be an Infinity not a BMW.

P.S. Could you tell me what impresses you in a G35?
  • mnrep2mnrep2 Posts: 200
    upgrade will be an Infinity

It is spelled Infiniti. I already told you earlier why I like my G35x. :)

I really don't think that we have much more to talk about in this forum. See ya around.
  • Actually, your main point ("Passion cannot be measured...not in numbers. There is no standard for it. You find it in a car or you don't. And you surely cannot find it in a G35.") is an opinion, but in this thread, I've stated mostly facts.

For example, I acknowledged that while the G35 is weaker on specific fronts when compared to other specific cars, for many people, it provides the right overall combination of strengths and "personal fit." This is a fact, not an opinion. If I simply said "the G35 is the best overall combination of strengths," period, that would be an opinion. But I didn't say that.

You're saying the G35 "fails" ("It tries to combine many of the characteristics presented and it completely fails in all." -- your words). That is an absolute statement -- an opinion masquerading as fact. I'm saying many buyers (many of whom have made a carefully considered decision) feel otherwise. That is a fact.

See the difference?

Opinions disguised as facts tend to get people angry and start unnecessarily prolonged arguments. Just look at the various responses you've seen in this thread.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    The G has been a success because it put Infiniti back on the map. The G20 was a joke and the I35 was really no more than a nice Maxima, and FWD too.

It paved the way for the new models that look a lot better. It's beating BMW in some comparos, too, for $10 grand less.

-juice
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,652
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    You've cross-posted that cartoon in about 20 threads.

We get it. You like that 'chop.

Now, get over it, because it was an early prediction as to what the Impreza might look like, and it turned out to be wrong. :P

And please, in the future, try to make your point in one or two threads.
  • pvdg35pvdg35 Posts: 1
    you claimed you don't race your car; owned an RX-8 but afraid the G35 won't have enough power?...going from an RX-8 to a g35 you notice the power difference. Not to mention the AC is better too. I doubt the G35 "lacks power".
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Posts: 5,751
    Wow, you revived a four year old thread.
124»