Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Magnum Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• aleoopaleoop Posts: 2
    hi blkmagnum05... I did a small amount of research and according to kelley blue book, an '05 Magnum with that many miles in good condition should be worth about 8k and that's without the 20 inch wheels. That being said, I think it's a pretty good deal.

link title
  • aleoopaleoop Posts: 2
    at the same time, If you have the finances, I would tend to agree with donnak1... i.e. try for a newer year.

Art of Noise Audio
  • donnak1donnak1 Posts: 39
    We got the '07 Magnum from Colorado and it is one beautiful car!!!! Fantastic all around! We had our friend, who is also a Chrysler mechanic, check it out and give it an oil change. It was perfect in every way. I think we did well on the price and we are both very excited about the car. The only problem we've encountered, is with it being black, he washes it too much!!!!

I would definitely look for a newer model if you're going to invest in one!
  • sbigrassbigras Posts: 2
    I've found an '05 Magnum SE with 38,000km on it for $ 9,850 CAN.
    We need a larger second car (our main vehicle is an '04 Grand Caravan) for when it's in the shop as we have three young boys (two still in car seats).
    We live in Ottawa, Canada and have relatively mild winters.

What are some opinions about the car? Should we still look into it?
  • As has been mentioned before, I would recommend finding an '06 through '08 model to avoid some of the typical first model year issues. In addition, the 2.7 liter six in the SE is somewhat underpowered. If you can find an SXT model with the 3.5 liter six then I think you will be much happier.
  • donnak1donnak1 Posts: 39
    I've owned my Magnum since Sept. '04 and have dealt with the free replacement of the Continentals......I bought Yokohamas for it. Well, I have 55K on the car now and need new tires already. I've been looking at the Michelins Hydroplanes but have heard that they dry rot just like my Yoko's did. Any advice from my fellow Magnum owners????

Any imput will be greatly appreciated!!! My son's '07 came with Hankook's (sp).
  • For around two months I have been trying to get my car fixed, you will be driving it n it will just stop feeding gas. So then you better hope your not on a hill and can get off the road or worry about someone hitting you. I was so upset due to the fact that I just got the car 7mths ago, n it only has around 60,000 miles on it. So after having it at the dealer ship time n time throttle body replaced two time n the computer re trained still having the problems. Took the car back and this time I contacted chrysler n they have been great the same as ramies, so now that there working together they have come to the conclusion that the computer is bad. So now today I got a call that the computers are on back order n they don't know when it will be in. Needless to say I am out of a car till it is fixed but am praying this it what is happening, so if your having these types of problems n you find your self with all these caution lights coming on and the car just stops, pulling off the road turn off the car n re start it, until the next time then repeat... Call chrysler let them know because there is things going on with these cars n maybe a recall n replace needs to be done before some ones family ends up in the cemetery. There number is 1-800-763-8422, they are trying to help me but let's bring awareness to this major problem! :sick:
2»