Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Fog Lights

2»

Comments

• Does anyone know if the fog lamp bulb P/N PS24WFF translates to a standard P/N such as H4 or 9145?
    Looking to replace the OEM bulbs with something such as Silverstar's.
  • quetellequetelle Posts: 2
    Hi, I have a 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid and it looks like you have/had the same fog lights I do (PS24WFF) and you either found a bright bulb or found a way to install HID's from the looks of the pictures on your domain. If they are HID's, which bulb pattern did you use. Thanks. :surprise:
  • quetellequetelle Posts: 2
    it took me a while to figure out how to take the bulb out and it's no where close my friend.
  • PS24WFF is H16 or 9009.

H16 is a special bulb made for GM trucks and SUV. But since 2008 Ford use it on his truck and the Escape was the first.

You can buy it from www.putco.com or make a search on yahoo or google.
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,786
    "Hi, I have a 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid and it looks like you have/had the same fog lights I do (PS24WFF) and you either found a bright bulb or found a way to install HID's from the looks of the pictures on your domain. If they are HID's, which bulb pattern did you use. Thanks."

I have a 2008 FEH with factory fog lights, and it uses a different switch than the ones described for the 2006 in this forum. My fog lights activate by the same rotating switch that works the headlights - you pull the switch out to turn on the fog lights.

I'm not sure if the stock switch has this capability, or if you can use a different switch, or if you would have to insert a new switch that is capable of fog light operations. But in any case it appears that the Ford dealer will need to program the SJB.
  • I purchased a Fog light switch after seeing the wires when replacing the headlight lens. So now I want to install them myself, so what is the final solution to getting them to work?
    Thanks.
  • whitey9whitey9 Posts: 138
    Saying you will not buy another Ford because the NOT factory installed lights will not work after you add them yourself is the dumbest thing I have heard all day. But it is still early. You should have done your homework. Take some personal responsibility. Lick your wounds and move on. Get the fog lights "programmed in" and then appreciate the job you have done.
  • In 2006, I bought a new Ford Escape (Hybrid) and have always wanted the fog lamps to automatically come on when the headlights are turned on. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the fog lamps programmed to operate as they do now, but just turning on automatically and being on whenever the headlights are on?
  • davichodavicho Posts: 190
    I have a 2004 Limited and as long as the foglamp switch is turned on, they will always come on automatically when the headlamps come on.
2»