Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi tanginapare. One pay leases are a good idea if you feel as though the amount that you reduce your lease payment by is more than the interest or income that you would receive from investing the money that you laid out. Lexus Financial Services reduces vehicles' lease money factors by .00100 for advance pay leases. If you provide me with the full MSRP and selling price of the car that you are interested in are, I can tell you what your lease payment would be with and without paying your entire lease in advance (I know that you wouldn't technically have a payment with an advance pay lease - but we can compare the total cost of your lease).

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Hello karmit. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in using Lexus' actual lease program and 15,000 miles per year for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi wazabi. Let me begin by saying that you definitely don't want to put $5,000 down on the car that you are considering leasing. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your Lexus IS would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $5,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

I'd be happy to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment to expect to pay on this car right now, but in order for me to do so I need you to give me an MSRP and approximate selling price for the exact model that you want. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this car right now by visiting the following discussion: "Lexus IS 250/IS 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mitch1988. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for this car right now, but I suspect that you should be able to get one for less than full MSRP. One factor that you have working against you though is the lack of competition in your area. Stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars recently: "Lexus IS 250/IS 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have an idea of how much you should pay, let me know and I will use Lexus' actual lease program to estimate what your lease payment should be like on this car for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • what is the money factor for tier 1 on a lease on the IS? and what is the loyalty discount on the lease terms in reality?
  • lv1lv1 Posts: 4
    hey guys,iam reading a lot of stuff but no specifics.this is real deal for today

1400 out pocket incl 1st mo,reg nj full lease term,doc fee etd
    450 incl tax for 30 mo.

this is is250 w/premium
  • MSRP $44,929; discount $2,700; total fees $849; adjusted cap cost $43,078; money factor 0.00235; residual 61% ($27,407); out of pocket 1st month's payment + sales tax (Texas 6.25%). 36 months/36K miles, payment = $600/month.

Other than Texas sales tax is a whopper, how would you evaluate?
  • you should pay those fees up front and get a lower monthly like I did. I dont have ML but did get XM for free for a cost of 41539 and I will put 2k down for 48 months 12k miles per year for 547 a month. woulf be 570 for 36/36
  • I was looking into leasing an IS250 AWD. I had thought that a 1-pay would eliminate interest charges, but I eventually realized that the residual still needed to be financed.

Are there any current promotions for leasing? I'd consider anywhere from 2 - 4 years if there was a good deal... For a 3 year lease, I think 12k miles, I was quoted a 61% residual, and a .00175 MF for a 1pay, and .00255 MF for a normal lease. Did I read somewhere that the MF should instead go down by .001 for a 1 pay?

I had 1 dealer say that LFS has a special for a 30 month lease, someone else say a special for a 42 month lease, and someone else say that LFS only did 36/48 month leases... :mad:

Does LFS do a 30 month lease? Does anyone know the residual/MF?

Thanks!
  • Hi digital_b. Lexus is not currently providing any sort of lease support on the 2006 IS. As a result, if you were to lease one through Lexus Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. The last time that I saw it, LFS' buy rate standard lease money factor for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier (Tier 1+) was .00265. I've heard that it provides a slight reduction in this factor for loyal customers, but I do not know exactly what it is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi bewitz. Sales tax on leases in Texas definitely is brutal. A base 2006 IS 350 has a surprisingly large spread of $4,250 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. The discount that you are being given is decent, especially on a fairly new car like this, but there is still $1,500 to play with there. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Lexus IS 250/IS 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this car look good to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're right. While one would initially think that pre-paying a lease would eliminate the need to pay interest, the bank that you are leasing through has to pay for your entire car, not just the portion that you are using during your lease. As a result, banks still charge interest on one pay leases. They do usually provide a discount in the money factor that they charge though. Specifically, Lexus Financial Services reduces vehicles' money factors by .00100 for pre-paid leases.

LFS does lease vehicles for 30 months, wit I was not aware that it is currently providing any sort of lease support on the '06 IS. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Lexus IS 250 AWD through LFS right now for 30 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00265 (.00165 for an advance pay lease) and 67%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • they gave me .00275 initially and then .00265 for being a repeat customer. they also verified that I am tier 1. what is the cutoff got 1, 1+? anyway it comes to 6 bucks a month less.
  • I was told by the dealer that the 250 is around $38,000 (in NJ) and he can get me into a 250 w/Nav AWD for $6500 down, 39 month lease, 15K miles for $399.

Is this a good deal? Any thoughts or suggestions?

I will be turning in an IS 300 manual, that is coming to the end of a 3 year lease with 40K miles.

Thanks for your help.
  • scott31scott31 Posts: 280
    Never EVER put money down on a lease.
  • So how do I get a lease on this car for $399 or less, 3 year term with 15K miles per year?
  • Hi, I'm considering a lease on an IS350 through a leasing agent. There is an 06 IS350 with Nav, ML, Luxury Pkg, MSRP 44,449 available locally from a dealer. The leasing agent is telling me he can get it directly from this dealership for MSRP best he can do. I am interested in the vehicle and know they're hard to get now, so it doesn't seem completely unreasonable to pay MSRP to me. However, the residual's he's giving me on the car, with a trade with negative equity is as follows: negative equity 6100, bank acq, fee 895, sales tax 2778, less cap reduction for roughly a 53,300 net cap cost--residuals and rates: 36 = 21,684 residual and .00203 rate factor, 42 = 20,433 and .00203, 48 = 18,348 and .00187. Using these numbers, he's come up with a best deal payment of $933 for a 42mo 12k lease. I'm not willing to pay this much but might consider a longer lease, however these residuals seem really low. What do you think? Thanks!
  • Hello everyone

just wondering if i could get some info on an is250 awd with an msrp of 37,229

12k 36 month lease through lexus financial

could you tell me the MF and residual pleasE??

thanks alot!
  • hello, I would like to know what are the current money factors and 36-42 mo. residuals for an is350 w/sport package and an msrp of 39,725. I'm also a previous lexus purchaser, with an '02 is 300 and an '02 rx 300. Is it possible to get the customer loyalty rates?
    thanks
  • riemu7riemu7 Posts: 13
    I'm really interested in leasing the IS 250 AWD, standard features, however right now my salesperson admitted not to be negotiating at this time. She quoted me an outrageous $590/month, 15k, 36 months, for a $35,000 2006 IS AWD, zero down.

What are some more realistic offers that people have been getting?

I guess I might just have to wait until the end of the model year... :-(
  • dfd3dfd3 Posts: 57
    Hello Car man:

I read your post #43 and was intrigued by the 1 pay lease. Can you tell me if the money factors and residuals you used are still accurate? Also, I noticed that your post dealt with the IS250 AWD. Are the factors the same for the IS 350? I am looking for the residuals, MF, and excess mileage charges on an IS350 for a 30 month lease with 20K miles per year. Do you have that information?

Thank you.
  • mshefmanmshefman Posts: 5
    I just priced out an IS 250 AWD, 36 months, 12K Miles without luxury package........After much negotiating, I was given the price of $423/month (including tax, etc...) with approx $4700 down of which $1200 is the non refundable security deposit. Curious of the consensus of the group if this is a good deal?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi gimlys4. Over $900 a month for a Lexus IS 350 is nuts! I definitely would not pay anywhere near that much for this car. For that kind of money you could get any one of a million better vehicles. One of the problems here is the fact that you have so much negative equity. It would be in your best interest to wait until you are less upside down on your current vehicle to get something else.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go christina271. If you were to lease a Lexus IS 250 2WD through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00265 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings jaypolostls. If you were to lease a 2006 Lexus IS 350 through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00265 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00265 and 56%. I have not seen this car's 42 month program. I'm not sure of the exact reduction that LFS provides to loyal customers, but you should qualify for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dfd3. Lexus is not currently providing any sort of lease support on the IS. As a result, if you were to lease one through Lexus Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. The last time that I saw it, LFS' buy rate standard lease money factor for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier and pay a security deposit was .00265. LFS provides a .00100 money factor reduction for consumers who pay for their entire lease in advance. Its current 30 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the '06 IS 350 is 62%. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that LFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mshefman. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

For now I can tell you that it is not a good idea to make such a large down payment when leasing. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your IS would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put several thousand dollars down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
  • hello Car_man,

I'm in the market for a 2006 IS 250 AWD 36 month lease with about 15,000 miles a year. The dealer gave me a MSRP of $37,619 with these options:
    -Premium Package
    -Nav (includes Voice activation, rear view camera, and Bluetooth)
    -Preferred Accessory Package
    I looked on Edmunds and the invoice is $34,690 with the same options. I'm looking to put $0 down, but am willing to pay for tax and tags upfront. Could you please help with the MF and residual value...

Also would the residual value and MF change if I go from 15K to 12K or 10K a year in mileage, but still stay at the 36mth lease?

I wanted to be able to stay under $500 a month, do you think that is possible???

Thanks,

Up
  • I just leased a 2006 IS 350 fully loaded except for the Mark Levinson radio system (not worth it). The MSRP is $43,589. I put $4,015 down (including 1st months payment), $596 a month, for a 3 year 36K miles. The dealer is Ray Catena in NJ. They were very friendly and treated me like a king. BTW, the car is phenomenal. Got it in less then one week.
  • czerczer Posts: 7
    I'm looking at leasing an IS 250 AWD with a MSRP of $35164. The dealer is currently offering it for $34414. I would like to lease it for 36 months at 12k miles a year. I probably will put $2000 down. What will or should the numbers look like? Thanks for any help!
This discussion has been closed.