Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord (1994-1997) Maintenance and Repair

1565758596062»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,547

That could be another problem entirely. Bearings need to be installed just right. I guess first thing you need to do is determine if it is the front wheel bearing that is the source of the squeal (a friend could listen as you back up or go forward)...and then deal with that problem...and then pull off the rear drums and look at the condition of the brakes.

• 9accord69accord6 Posts: 4
    I'm going to go ahead and have someone certified replace the front bearings and the master cylinder. Do you know if its possible to have the abs mod assembly disabled? It needs replacing as well, but the part is worth more than the car.

I don't think any repair shop would attempt to rebuild the ABS control unit, no. Your car should have the OBD-II diagnostic system, so the ABS module can be scanned for trouble codes.

• 9accord69accord6 Posts: 4
    Not rebuilt. Disabled totally. And maybe just use regular brakes
    edited May 4

yeah you could do that, but again, I'm not sure a shop would accept that liability. How do you know it's not working? Have you given the brakes a good slam to test the ABS? Remember, ABS won't work on surfaces like gravel.

• corruptcodycorruptcody Posts: 1

1997 honda accord, speedometer works when it wants to. already replaced the speed sensor. any other ideas on what it can be?