Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord (1998-2002) Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• elroy5elroy5 Posts: 3,741
    I haven't read through this link, but it does seem to have some good pictures. Check it out.
    http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1844067&page=1
  • ok heres a challenge for someone to figure out.I have a 02 accord ex v-6 thats getting 288 miles for a tank of gas. I had new wheels and tires installed and an alignment. I ran it on a scanner and everything checks out no codes. it has had a tune up not long ago fuel filter change. The only thing thats been added to the car is a cold air intake with k-n filter. this car used to get 420 miles per tank.I am lost and dont were else to look so someone PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    When you say per "tank", how much are you pumping in when you refill? City/hwy miles?
  • filling up and city at 10 miles a day
  • blufz1blufz1 Posts: 2,045
    You would need to recalibrate the speedo/odo if your new tires and wheels are a larger effective diameter than the 15 inchers than came on the car.
  • it was doing it before i took off the factory wheels. I was hoping that swap the factory wheels because two of them were bent from the (wife) hint hint.
  • iwantoneiwantone Posts: 52
    I haven't had any major problems with 2001 accord. Yesterday after leaving the gas station, my malfunction light came on. I am in between pay periods and I know dealership will charge nicely just to check this out. Can I drive car until around last week in August or does this require immediate attention ? The car seems to be driving the same. That light just bugs me too much.
    If the gas cap was not screwed back on right, that could be the cause of the light. My check engine light came on once, when the little plastic string that holds the cap got stuck under the cap, causing it not to seal correctly. The light may not go out immediately, but if the cap was the problem, it will go out.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Exactly my thought, Elroy.

Iwantone,

If you want to, don't go to the dealer; get the check engine light analyzed for free at AutoZone if you want to make sure that is the problem.
  • iwantoneiwantone Posts: 52
    Thanks I did go to autozone. Afterwards, I went to the honda dealership who said they don't trust anything that autozone says. I left dealership because they want to do diagnostic and then actually I don't have the cash to lay down on this when I plan to trade the car in about 6 months. 3 drives after I clicked the gas cap the light went off.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Good for you; the dealer knows that by you going to Autozone, they just lost a good amount of money for doing literally no real work. My dealer charges $69 for a check engine light diagnostic.
  • teman99teman99 Posts: 19
    I have an 01 accord coupe 2dr. 4cyl./ULEV and need a front 02 sensor. Anybody know where I get one for a GOOD Price?
    Thanks Guys
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Where have you looked at, and what prices have you gotten that you believe are a BAD price?

Are you putting this in yourself? or are you looking for a shop at some unknown city?
    I've hit the auto parts store (Autozone) and looked on some websites.
    Prices range from $245.00 - $300.00.
    Will be replacing myself as it's located on exhaust manifold (pretty easy swap to do).
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Bosch

Heres some for $140-150
    Thanks man! I really appreciate it.
    $150.00 IS MUCH BETTER.
    If ULEV means California, the only sensors I saw on that page for the front sensor (Calif) were $633.99. Wow!
    ULEV means Ultra Low Emissions Veh.
    ULEV means Ultra Low Emissions Veh.

I know that, duh. But aren't these ULEV cars only sold in Cali.? (maybe a couple other places too). That means special O2 sensors, that cost $633.99.
  • chucko3chucko3 Posts: 793
    For that generation, they are.

Bernadi online sells for $218.
    I would get an OEM for this part.