Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord (2003-2007) Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• I just took my car in for the 15K maintenance, I am looking for a list of what should actually be replaced. I got a bill for over $300. I think this is too much.
    I am located in New Jersey

Thank you
  • Check your owners manual. If I remember correctly, there isn't anything at 15k that needs replacement.

You need to follow what's in the manual, not what the dealer recommends. They love pushing more services then necessary, that's a $$ maker for them.

Mrbill
  • elroy5elroy5 Posts: 3,741
    Other than changing the oil and filter and the air filter, and lubricating hinges and latches it's mostly just an inspection. $300 is a lot for such simple maintenance, but that's the price you pay when you can't/won't do it yourself. :sick:
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    You should be using your Maintenance Minder (the Oil Life reminder). It will also give a code as to what service should be done when the oil-life reaches 15% and the little yellow wrench appears in the dash. For example, the last time I went code: B1 showed in the odometer with the little wrench light simultaniously, which according to the manual, indicates a tire rotation and an oil change.
    Does anyone else have a console lid that creaks loudly when you open and close it? I am going to get mine fixed hopefully at the next service (I'm at 30%). This will be near the 30k mile mark. I'm betting this service will be more involved since it hasn't had anything more than oil and filter changes so far (I've got 27,650 on the car now).
    You might have to finance this one grad. ;) Just kidding, but be prepared for a reaming. Don't forget the lubrication. :surprise:
    You might have to finance this one grad. Just kidding, but be prepared for a reaming. Don't forget the lubrication.

Yeah, I've been saving. $ :cry:

Don't worry, I open my console to take out anything valuable (usually just a phone charger) before I leave the car for service. I'll hear that creak - it is like a haunted house door... rrrrrreeeeeeeerrrrrrreeeee.
    They will probably just spray some sylicone lube on it. Don't know if the hinge is plastic or metal? I would have to take a look.
    They will probably just spray some silicone lube on it. Don't know if the hinge is plastic or metal? I would have to take a look.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Yep, I do have some rattles on my 06 accord, but they are so minor, like one is in the right and left doors, but they are simply inside the door. Easy fix. One rattle is actually the cd cases inside the storage console. Then on occasion, when its really cold the actual dash squeaks faintly. The dealer already heard them, so I got to basically bring it in. I am not worried. I have driven my 06 accord 2 years now, and I absolutely love driving it, the engine is beautiful, the size is excellent, I have the SE, and it has plenty of features, though I miss my sunroof alot, but I have found, everything else has outweighed that. My mother has a 04 Jetta, which is a bit smaller, my family always takes my accord, we actually took it to Florida, 5 people, 16 hours. I have had no problems with it. Sometimes, I am suprised with a new feature found.
  • user5user5 Posts: 8
    General question about lubrication.

Oils and grease, these intertact with rubber seals. For lubrication shouldn't we be going to the dealer so that only chemically compatible (lubrication-seal) lubrication is used and the seals are not damaged prematurely?
    Yet another reason to buy a Service Manual for your car. It tells you what type of grease to use for the different hinges and latches etc.
  • How do you remove the cylinder fron the ignition itself i have the steering wheel off and all is lose but still i can't remove the lock cylinder itself for replacement can anyone help me please.
    Here is a link that explains it in detail. Good luck
    http://techauto.awardspace.com/ignitionswitch.html

Kind of late now, but there is a 4th generation (90-93) Accord thread especially for your car and cars like it.
  • exshomanexshoman Posts: 109
    2006 EXL 5spd w/31K miles. Was running some last minute errands on Christmas eve, when engine dies. Restart it, but it continues to die at stoplights. Runs ok otherwise. Honda dealer is closed, so I have to take it in after Christmas. I had already been in a couple days before so that they could work on a couple other minor issues (console door wouldn't stay down, and power seat adjuster knob was broken).

They tell me the mass air flow sensor went bad, had to order the part. Might be in tomorrow, might be Monday. Would have cost me 2-300 in a few more months when the warranty runs out.

One of the major reasons I had for getting an Accord was their reputation for reliability. And now its in the shop 3, maybe 5 days. Not a happy camper.
    They tell me the mass air flow sensor went bad, had to order the part. Might be in tomorrow, might be Monday. Would have cost me 2-300 in a few more months when the warranty runs out.

Your powertrain warranty is 5-years and 60,000 miles. You should have more than a few months to go.

Sorry to hear about that though - my dad's 2005 Accord never experienced such a problem after 70k miles. I'm at 27k in my '06 Auto 4-cyl with no reliability issues.
  • Yellow ABS warning light and red"brake"letters stay on. A local garage mechanic
    says it is the ABS computer (modulator?). Car is an '04 EX with 43,000 miles.
    I have an appointment on 12/31 with a dealer and he also will test it.
    If it is the ocmputer does such a unit go bad so soon? Car is over-warranty but will
    HOnda USA do anything for me as far as the cost of repair? Could the problem have been mis-diagosed?..any advice for me? I never purchased an extended warranty
  • I just got my '04 accord LX V6 in for a scheduled maintenance, and was told my rear brake pads were worn down to 5% and needed to be replaced. This car is used primarily for city driving (NY), and has 23,500 miles. Is this a little early for rear brake pads to wear down?
  • blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    The rear brake pads wear more quickly than the fronts in the seventh generation Accords. Yours is one of that generation. Just do a search for "rear pads" using the Search This Discussion box at the top of these posts to research it if you care to.