Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord (2003-2007) Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• tallman1tallman1 Posts: 1,874
    Ouch, sorry to hear that, Dud. :sick:
  • -30 with no wind chill? Yikes! Yeah, I'd say your refill solution was a success!

Question: how much driving did you do after the refill? I'd have thought a fair amount of highway cruising would have been required to bring the battery up to something close to full charge. Or am I mistaken?
  • jake90jake90 Posts: 1
    i just bought a 2003 honda accord EX coupe V4 with 2 door which has been in an accident before with deployed airbag. both passenger and driver sides. am looking forward to replace it. can someone help me find which other honda makes' airbag can fit in mine correctly? better still can someone help me find one at a cheaper price.
  • tankbeanstankbeans Posts: 585
    Even though it has a bulb would you recommend replacing both bulbs so the car doesn't shine with uneven brightness? Hopefully the repair facility will call me tomorrow with an update. It's been there since Thursday and I haven't heard word one.

Sorry about your car as well Dudley. I'm thinking my next car will not be Silver. It seems that Silver is my unlucky color. Something stupid has happened to it each year I've had it. This will be the second new bumper cover in as many years.

First one was due to a hit and run in the parking lot at Walmart. I was inside and somebody took out my bumper. It was a nice 18 in jagged crack that couldn't be repaired.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,444
    Thanks for the support guys - traumatic to get that first sickening crunch. With all the snow we have had in SD the deer are just like large rats running around town jumping in front of cars etc. They can't find food in the fields. Last year they were so many that police were shooting them in town.

We only got about 20 inches in the x-mas storm and the new years storm, but the wind is making huge drifts and they are packed hard. Hard enough that my kids can walk up them and get on the roof of my neighbors garage.

And yes I did run the car for a long time after putting water in the battery and I took a 450 mile trip the next day (the day the deer attacked).
  • easye2easye2 Posts: 26
    Hi everyone. I am having trouble with the wheels that came standard with the 04 EX-L 4 cylinder...they are experiencing a severe amount of corrosion. I get my car washed on a fairly regular basis and can't figure out why this is happening. It has even become bad enough where it caused a slow tire pressure leak in one of my tires. Is this a flaw in these wheels/rims? Any advice or help on what to do is much apprciated. I do have a 7 year extended warranty with Honda Care that expires this coming September. Thanks...
  • corkscrewcorkscrew Posts: 254
    Speaking of silver I hear you loud and clear. We had snow here last friday and while it was snowing I took our 07 SE out to get the paper and lottery tickets. Saturday morning the doors would not unlock with the remote; putting the key in the drivers door didn't work either. We called the dealership and the service manager talked me thru the trunk to unlock a back door. We went over to the dealership and the service manager put some WD40 in the door lock. Since then we have to wait until noon for the remote to work.
    This is our only car and the ealiest date a loaner is available is thursday, so we have a service appointment then to have it fixed. The original 3/36 warranty is still in force, thank god for that. :sick:
  • Has anyone has a problem with a gas leak. I smell gas most every time I get in the car. It has 80,000 miles on the odo. The first 1/4 tank goes much faster than normal. I saw a 4" stain just below the gas tank this afternoon. I called Honda service and they did not admit to have hearing about this problem. My gas mileage has dropt by 2-3 mpgs. I understand there is a service door under the back seat. Hopefully, the gas tank will not have to be removed. Should the fuel filter and/or pump be replaced while I am in the gas tank?
    I greatly appreciate hearing about any ideas or suggestions?
    Happy Hondaring!
    John
    Ouch. I'm very sorry to hear about that. I suppose I'm lucky that MN is fairly hilly and breaks up some of the wind so that drifts don't get too bad. Also, I guess I'm lucky that deer stay away from where I'm at in the burbs. Hopefully your car is okay.

Mine will feel better after $3800 in repairs. :sick: They have to replace a wheel, which I guess hit pretty hard on the guard rail, the front bumper (I guess there were 3 pieces that got damaged), the front grill, front headlight and headlight bracket, and I guess there was some damage to the fender. Luckily insurance will cover most of it, save my $1k deductible.

I hate black ice.
    Just got my estimate and they left out the cracked headlight. They have about $1400 for a new bumper cover and a small dent on the quarter panel. I imagine a new headlight assembly would add $300 to that.

A little less damage than you tankbeans, but I don't really feel lucky.

Did your estimate say it was ok to use non honda parts?
    Yep. I initialed the little line stating that non-oem was fine. I figure the parts are identical and the non-Honda parts have a lifetime warranty whereas OEM parts don't. I also figured the car is 7 years old and I'm not too concerned about everything being factory. I would have gotten it back today, but they sent it to paint.

I love winter and I hate winter. Especially black ice, and I think I read somewhere that they did a survey of drivers in our country and it said that Minnesota drivers, twin cities in particular, were the 3rd rudest in the country so our winter driving gets fun.

I'm hoping that this is the last foray into a body shop for my car. It's getting a little tiresome. If it keeps up I might unload it before I hit my goal of 200k.
  • Hello, everyone. I recently traded my 04 Accord LX 4 cyl. for an 07 Accord SE V6. I'm happy with the car overall, but have a couple of questions for those of you with experience with this model.

I wasn't prepared for the harsher ride in this model, which I guess is mainly attributable to the 17" alloys with lower profile tires. Or is there a tighter suspension in this model vs. my old LX? Anyway, if it's the wheels, I'm going to ask my service rep about installing a set of the 16" alloys that come on the SE 4 cyl. models, since they have a little higher profile tire. I don't know if there are any issues involving the brakes, etc., where the 16" wheels might not work on this car.

Just wondering if anyone has gone that route, and with what success.

It also seems to me the transmission doesn't shift as smoothly as in my 4 cyl. model, especially going from third to fourth under light acceleration, when I sometimes get a kind of thud as it drops into fourth.l My rep and service manager have driven it, said they noticed something once, but pronounce it operating normally. And it does shift fine under steady acceleration. Is this just a characteristic of this model, do you think?

Also had really bad, annoying, sometimes almost constant rattles coming from the tiny front speakers up in each corner of the dashboard. They put some foam tape in, and that helped. Anyone had this problem, and gotten a better fix?

I appreciate any feedback. I like the increased power of this model, and the redesigned rear end. I got it from a Honda dealer as a certified Honda, so it has great warranties, and had only 13000 miles on it, so it's really like new. Light blue with gray interior.
  • grampy1grampy1 Posts: 140
    I noticed the firmness in the ride to,but after talking to other owners,i came away with belief that the tires,wheels,and tighter suspension are normal for the 6's. The slight hesitation you speak of can be eliminated with just shifting into D-3 around town.
    What was the tire pressure? Lowering it could help if it is too high. Sacrilege to me as I run 40 psi and like the ride, but I have an I4 with 60 series tires.

Not crazy about the ultra low profile tires showing up these days. Even some more pedestrian cars like GTI, Matrix Sport and some others are running 40 series and they look silly, are expensive to replace, and easy to damage. I actually went to 15" tires (65 series) with my snows because of the harsher winter conditions.

The ironic thing is those super low profile tires weigh more and hurt performance and mpg.

I bet you would find plenty of people who would trade their I4 rims/tires for your V-6 rims and even give you a little cash.
  • elroy5elroy5 Posts: 3,741
    I wasn't prepared for the harsher ride in this model, which I guess is mainly attributable to the 17" alloys with lower profile tires. Or is there a tighter suspension in this model vs. my old LX?

The V6 suspension is stiffer, and I'm sure the 17" wheels don't help the ride either. I have an 03 V6, with 16" wheels, and the ride is fine for me (subjective).
    Hello all -

I just got my car back. I'm very happy about that. Would you guys think that I would be smart to replace both of my turn signal lights? The one that had to be replaced is a considerably paler orange than the other one. I figure if I replace them both I will get the same color on both sides and my car won't look lopsided. Also I'm not sure if the color on the one side is precisely legal considering it isn't orange (well amber, but you all know what I mean). The police in our state tend to get a little uppity if the lights aren't exactly the right color. I got a ticket for having blue fog lights.

Thank you for all of your help.
  • silviodsilviod Posts: 13
    the vibration can be just a tire balance needed and the pulling to the left might need a alignment. i have to get one for my honda. I am experiencing the same issues and its a balance and alignment.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    I'd think your body shop should do that, but that's just me.
  • Tire pressure is Honda specs, I think 32 psi. No wiggle room there -- if I lowered it anymore, I'd be running on the rims. Even at 32, the front tires have that flat look.

It's amazing how low profile some of the tires are these days, especially on the performance cars. The tire winds up looking like just a little strip of rubber. I wish Honda had treated the SE as more of a family sedan than a sport sedan and put higher profile tires on it.
  • Ride is subjective, I agree, and I like a firmer ride compared with pillowy, like my former car, a '96 Buick Regal. The tires on my 04 LX were 205/60, and the ride was definitely more cushioned than my SE, but still a firm overall feel to the suspension. That was a good compromise, I thought. With the SE, and its 215/50 tires, I really feel every little imperfection in the road.
  • Hey Guys,

Great info on this site. I have an 07 Accord LX V6 28k miles. One day last week, my center console bin cover decided NOT to close anymore. I prefer it closed to keep some personal items out of view of possible thieves (city street parking) - not to mention keeping my own world in order with a neatly closed bin :)

While I normally don't go to the dealer for work, I am taking the car in for a $19.95 coupon.promo oil change next week, and wondered if this bin would be covered under b 2 b 3/36 Warranty? Good to have the info prior to me insisting the fix it !!

Thanks!
    wondered if this bin would be covered under b 2 b 3/36 Warranty?

Yes, it would be covered... hence the term "bumper to bumper." ;)

I'm amazed that you still have warranty left on an 07. I drive too many miles I so never reach the three year limit.
  • thx for the reply...and thankfully it's still under warranty (even i never expected to be this far into ownership). It still looks brand new too. I bought the car to drive alot for work, but ended up changing positions and now drive her very little. Can't part with the car, as i love it for once a month road trips. it's a great ride, and i love the road feel and balance of the car.

re: Warranty: If they try to tell me i broke it, and it's not covered - i'll be a bit more prepared to argue! I just called Honda warranty who confirmed it would likely be covered if not deemed "deliberate abuse". hey, i love my car! I'd never abuse her!
    I got my car back. I'm very happy.

Can somebody link the forum for paint and touch up work? My minor ding that i touched up is starting to fail and I want to get to it before it starts to rust too badly. I'm thinking that they, in the other forum, may have ideas about what I could do to touch my car up.

I know there's a forum, but can't for the life of me remember where it went.
  • corkscrewcorkscrew Posts: 254
    Update: Picked up the Accord yesterday afternoon, they tested and replaced the drivers power door lock actuator and washed the car. We were told that a short caused the problem. The only charge was $4.05 plus tax for a new battery in the remote: ok...I can live with that.
    Corkscrew
    Can somebody link the forum for paint and touch up work?

This is what you probably want.

Paint and Body Maintenance & Repair
  • billc8billc8 Posts: 3
    Weird no start problem on both a 2003 Acura MDX and a 1994 Mazda Miata.

I have a 2003 Acura MDX and a 1994 Mazda Miata.

The same thing has happened on occasion to both cars.

For no apparent reason after a short drive after the engine
    is turned off it will not start. If I leave it sit for five
    minutes, it will start right up. This has happened several
    times. Today the Miata kept trying to fire by would not start.

I let it sit for a while and it started right up with no more problems.
    Thank you tallman. I knew I wasn't going crazy.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Has anybody had an issue with their horn changing its tone? My car now sounds like it has a cold. My dad said it sounded "like a synthesized cruise-ship horn."

Its embarassing to honk and I'm wondering if there's anything I should look for under the hood that could've caused this? In the last week or so the horn went from normal, to "out-of-tune," to "bionic cruise ship," and has done so in stages.

Any help is appreciated. I'll get the car to a dealer next week as I want my brake fluid, tranny fluid, and air filter all changed as I get the 60k service competed (I'm at 20% oil life now, and I'm 300 miles from home).
  • elroy5elroy5 Posts: 3,741
    You would probably have to remove the grill (and the plastic cover over it) to see, but I would check for ice in the horns. It's been pretty cold there lately, right? Been driving in some freezing rain maybe? I had to remove my grill to install my condenser guard. Had to replace a few clips, because they break easily.