Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord (2003-2007) Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• elroy5elroy5 Posts: 3,741
    Do the lights, and other electricals work normally? When you try to start the car, does the engine crank normally? Or does it crank slow, not at all? The Immobilizer system light is in the gauge cluster, with all the other warning lights (speedometer area). If the light is not on, I don't think the security system is your problem.
  • Yes evrythin looks okay on the gauge cluster and engine crank well exsept the sparks,I took one off and tray too start the engine,the spark dosent give any light.I chack all other sparks same thin no light.
    Since these cars have no distributor, this is not an area I am familiar with. All I can suggest is tracing the no spark issue back from the spark plugs to where ever they come from. I will do a little checking in the service manual, and see what I can dig up.
  • Thanks I really need it!!!!
    Check the 15A fuse #2 (second from left, bottom) in the under dash fuse/relay box. If that is ok, it's on to the ignition coil relay circuit troubleshooting.
  • Yes, before I check all fuses.
    You may need a multimeter or a test light for this.
    Just realized you may need this information too. This is the under dash fuse/relay box.
  • Thank you!!!! I will try this soon is I can!!
  • chucko3chucko3 Posts: 793
    Did you check fuse #22 under hood fuse box?
    He says it's turning over, but there is no spark. I think if it was the 100A battery fuse (#22), the starter would not work.
  • The starter is runs good.
  • mal5mal5 Posts: 7
    This winter I had trouble unlocking my door with the key FOB but was able to open it by turning the key clockwise while pushing the open button on the FOB and lifting up on the door latch.
    The problem is unique with the 03 accord. Honda decided to use a cable instead of a rod from the handle to the latch. Moisture works its way in and settles at the bend in the cable and freezes. The solution is to remove the door panel and apply heat to the cable with a heat gun to evaporate the moisture.
  • tankbeanstankbeans Posts: 585
    First, I'm glad you were able to get it open and fixed. I hope it didn't cost too much, considering dealer labor rates are usually death to John Q. Public. Second, thanks for the tip. I'll have to remember that if it ever happens to me.

Just curious, how does one remove the door panel? Eventually I am probably going to have to replace mine, I have a baseball sized hole in mine down by the courtesy light from having the door slam on the end of my snow brush that wasn't completely in the car. :mad: but anyway I haven't been able to find any indication of where to remove screws or clips or anything. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
  • Hello All,

I just bought Honda Accord 2003 sedan 2.4, Bage Color, Automatic transmission. I am living in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Unfortunately the first owner of the car lost the english owner booklet, Repair Guide. The Milage of car is 69,200km

I would like to ask if some one can help me out to download the repair guide, Owner manual for this mentioned model, It would be great help for me.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Wajeeh
  • mcrrtmcrrt Posts: 88
    Hi all,

I purchased an 2005 Accord EX from an out of state dealer, and now find that the door locks don't respond to one of the remotes. Of course, I didn't find this until I got the car home (150 miles!). It was a replacement key that they cut for me, but apparently forgot to program to the car. I've checked, and the battery in the remote is fine.

Would anyone be able to share the sequence I need to follow to program the remote to the car?

Thanks for the help! :)
  • user777user777 Posts: 3,341
    have you tried registering the vehicle on Honda's website OwnerLink? When I did, I gained access to an electronic .PDF version of my 2002 manual.
  • blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    You will find the 2003 Honda Accord Owner's Manual online here:

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

You can order paper copies of various Honda manuals here:

http://www.helminc.com/helm/search_service_owner.asp?Style=2HDX04HSEQ85VCP&class- %5F2=AHM
  • Thanks blane for response,

would like to know if it is possible to download that online manual? because it is not easy to read online everytime, I want to download and print, is it possible? or do you have the PDF copy? if yes please send it to me

regards,
  • user777user777 Posts: 3,341
    well that is a heck of a resource blane pointed you to.

you can order a paper copy there, or you could find one on eBay...

it looks like this system downloads a portion of the overall .pdf file, a section at a time. you could use the diskette icon within the .pdf viewer window to save sections at a time to your computer.

-or-

you could register your vehicle on Honda's OwnerLink, and probably get the whole thing in one shot, plus, get recall notifications and other items.