Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord (2003-2007) Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• I have a problem with my radio display not lighting up.
    Is there a fuse to fix this or does anyone know what the problem could be?
    The radio and everything works but the display does not light up

Thanks
  • Thanks lilengineerboy. A defective circuit board makes the most sense - I bet that is it. Doubt it is covered at 120K miles though. I'll have to look into how difficult it is to change yourself. That display is really high up there though - probably a [non-permissible content removed] to get to.
  • Hi, I am looking at buying a 2005 Honda Accord DX Sedan. Is there any concerns or known issues that I should be aware of? Your advise and feedback is appreciated. Thanks Nick
  • janinajanina Posts: 4
    There was a recall for this problem I believe...I have a 2003 that this happened to and it was replaced for free...
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Not really. :)

I have an 06 EX, and other than some interior issues (CD changer malfunction, bad-from-factory rear-view mirror, console fabric coming apart) its been stellar. Reliability is tops; quality is good if not perfect.

After 52,000 miles, if I had it to do over again, I would. That says something to me. :)
  • wise1wise1 Posts: 90
    My 2007 SE has paint from ??? on it. I tried rubbing baby oil on the paint with some success but not all of it came off. Someone must have slightly rubbed it coming out of a parking space?? Its on the door guard and on the crease on the lower panels of the car on the drivers side. Any suggestions on what will take off paint without damaging the paint of my car??? :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • Try gentle vitamin e enriched nail polish remover. Worked for me for many things including paint. Just use it gently and make sure you get the car wxed afterwards. Good luck.
  • I would buy some mineral spirits ( paint thinner) and try a little bit on a door jamb or somewhere that is not in plain site. If it doesn't hurt paint, gently rub some on the paint a d see if it works. If there is a lot of paint in it, try original formula Easy Off oven cleaner. Wipe on let sit and hose off. Then polish.
  • I've always used "cleaning" types of car polish. The ones that renew the finish have a mild abrasive.

Mrbill
  • grampy1grampy1 Posts: 140
    Nu Finish scratch doctor clear coat scratch remover has worked for me. Try Auto Zone,or some auto supply house
  • tallman1tallman1 Posts: 1,874
    My 2007 SE has paint from ??? on it

Yes, a good polish will probably take it off. Probably no need to go nuts with something heavy-duty. A fine polish will probably do the trick.
  • I called American Honda today who told me no recall or anything else on the information display. Basically said I am SOL.
  • joltjolt Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 Accord with 40000 miles.The engine light just came on,I recently had the right hand blinker go out.It took several hours to locate the problem.After 4 hours the Honda Dealership found a faulty blinker relay switch.Now 4 weeks later my light comes on.Anyone with any experience on the subject know what I might be getting into at the dealership when I take it in?Does this light cover anything that might be wrong ? Ty
  • Need help with the door lock - the automatic door locks work on all doors except the passenger ...it this something that is easy to fix? rl :confuse:
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    The VERY FIRST thing you should do is go to AutoZone and have the code read for free. A dealer will charge $50-$75 most likely to simply diagnose the code. AutoZone diagnosed mine for free. An O'Reilly or Advance Auto will probably do the same thing. Get the code read first though, save your $$$ :shades:

Good luck, and hopefully its nothing big. It's very possible that you simply didn't click the gas cap enough. I've done that before and gotten a Check Engine Light. After tightening it and driving a few more trips (maybe 100 miles over 3 or 4 cranks), it went off.
  • joltjolt Posts: 2
    Ty for your response.I will go this weekend.I really don,t want to go the dealership anymore.It took them 5 hours to find out why my blinker wasn,t working.I thought they could hook it up to the computer and find quicker than that.I live in California and smog laws are tough here,I don,t think it will pass with an engine light on.Thanks again
  • My car is slowly getting to that dreadful 100K mark. Before snow falls and mechanics freeze in their bays, I would like to complete this service. I was told that the best approach would be to get what is commonly known as the "Timing Belt Kit", which include the following : Mitsuboshi timing belt, an Aisin water pump w/ gasket, an Aisin hudraulic tension adjuster, a Koyo tensioner bearing, and a Koyo idler bearing. Also, I was informed that T-Belt Tension Adjuster and the regular "belt" should also be replaced. The parts all together come to around $425 + $300 labor.
    My questions are:
    1. Are there other parts that are generally replaced when doing the timing belt?
    2. Am I overdoing this?

Your 2c are greatly appreciated.

Saxon :shades:
  • Finally gave in and decided to fix the rust problem on the Rear sash's on my '03 Accord. $50 for the parts from Majestic Honda and $120 labor to install it from a private mechanic. half the price from going to the dealership.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 13,587
    sounds like you got all the pieces coverered, but not having done one myself, I suppose there may be something else to throw in!

but to answer your question, no, you aren't overdoing it. Most of the small parts are pretty cheap, it is the labor that kills you. So, when it is apart, replace any wear item, gasket, seal, etc. that is either removed to get to the t belt, or exposed when it is all opened up.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• tankbeanstankbeans Posts: 585
    When I went in 2 years ago to have the timing belt done in my 95 Accord 4-cyl they replaced the timing belt and water pump along with all other accessory belts. The generation that 95 was a part of had timing belts for 4-cylinder and timing chains for 6-cylinder models. The generation that your car, and my current vehicle for that matter, are switched. 6-cylinder models have the belt while 4-cylinder models have chains.

Sorry about the little back story, about the cars, that you probably already knew. The $725 that you were quoted is about what I paid for at the dealer in my area.

And no I don't think you're overdoing this because at 100k the timing belt is usually in need of replacement anyway. Doing it before winter is a good idea because it's done and you won't have to worry about it.

Any of the more intelligent (ie. more mechanically inclined than I) and insightful posters please add to anything I've already said.