Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Charger Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• todd7todd7 Posts: 16
    Just came home from the dealer.

SRT PKG 1
    SRT PKG 3
    Curtain Airbags
    Sunroof
    SRT Design wheels

paid 41500 plus t + l
  • asdf9asdf9 Posts: 26
    hey my friend and I need new cars, can you guys buy me 2 sonata's?
  • Hey Folks

I've never owned a Dodge but I am thinking about a Charger SRT-8. How is the build quality? How about Dodge customer service?

Also, a local dealer has a 2007 and a 2008 unsold on the lot (never titled). Is an unsold 2007 a red flag for something is wrong with it?

I know what TMV is as far as fair prices for a used 2007, but I can't find anything on how to deal with an unsold 3 model year old car. What is a fair price for a car thats going to depreciate 3 years as soon as I bought it, but does have a full warrenty? For that matter, how much should an unsold 2008 go for now that the 2009s are on the lots?
  • I just purchased a used 2007 Charger, I think it's the base model.. with 32000 miles on it. They were asking 12,995 & I was able to get the vehicle for 10,500 with 1500 down! I am so exicted for my new vehicle! It's wonderful :) I think I got it so cheap because it is 2 wheel drive & I"m in the NE with lots of snow. I plan on getting great snow tires, so wish me luck! I just couldn't pass up such a deal. When I looked it up on KBB.com it said it was worth at least 17k retail.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,032
    An advertising agency would like to speak with satisfied Dodge Charger drivers. If you own or regularly drive one of these vehicles, please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Friday, October 31st.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• I live in Northern Michigan. Went shopping with my brother for a vechicle for his
    wife (which he didnt buy) Anyways I saw the purple SRT8, Couldnt afford that one.
    But it was listed for 28,900. I really didnt care for the two tone interior. I searched online for about 6 months. Up north Michigan they were trying to sell me used
    2.7 chargers for 20,000. I wanted the leather and sun roof. I found my R/T
    in Southern Michigan, Used with 22,000 miles. I got it for 21,000 out the door. Darker gray with dark to lighter gray leather interior.
    Just started snowing here, had trouble yesterday, couldnt get out of my driveway.
    I now have some 50# sand bags in my trunk, was thinking of buying snow tires,
    but Im hoping to move to the southern states by spring time, so Im gonna
    try to get by without the snow tires. Love my Charger, I owned a Challenger back in the late 80's, wish I still had! dodge spirit, dodge intrepid and now my charger!
  • obviously the auto business must be ready to almost give these away. How low has everyone seen a R/T go for in Southern California?
  • I just purchased a Titanium Chrysler R/T fully loaded for $26.5 without taxes. I snagged the life time warranty for $1300 and walked out with a price take of $29.7k. The car was MSRP 34.5k. Best car purchase, price, experience I have ever had with a dealership.

This is the second time I have posted this exact same post. For some reason my first post was deleted, without any warning, or notification from the mods. Considering I submitted my leads through edmunds, which they make $25+ a piece on, I find it extremely offensive that my posts are being deleted for unknown reasons.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,211
    hey, javajim72..

I show this as your first post....ever..

We would never delete a post without a follow-up e-mail..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I got a great deal on an 09 Dodge Charger RT with Customer Preferred Package 24N.

Sticker Price: $32,610
    Cash Price: $26,038
    Rebate: $3000.00
    Down Payment: $5000.00
    Amount Financed: $20502.00
    Monthly Payment: $427.13 /48 months at 0%
  • mazdazedmazdazed Posts: 34
    3.5 V6, Split Bench Seat, Steel Blue

Sticker- $24,515
    Price after Rebates/Discounts- $16,400
    (Includes Owner Loyalty Rebate)
    OTD W/Tax and Title- $17,670

A Lot of Metal for the Money!
  • sleukemsleukem Posts: 22
    I'm looking to buy a fully loaded, left over 2008 Charger R/T. Sticker price is $41,985. They have come down to $32,748.

Since this will soon be a 2 year old vehicle I think they should come down more. Anyone have an idea of a fair price?????

Thanks in advance!
  • That's not a great deal. Have you seen the prices for the 2008 model R/T's on the used lots? They are ranging between 19K-22K with just a few miles on them. You're going to be way upside down on that deal.
  • Around the Dallas-Ft.Worth area, I haven't ran into many great deals on the lots. If you're willing to shop around, you will notice that the higher dollar Dodge, models that have every option are still on the lots, even a few 2008 models that were built in 2007!
    Reason why, the dealers don't want to really give great deals. If you take a 2009 or 2008 model 300 Touring , 300C, Dodge R/T for example, the sticker is anywhere between 35K-42K. Even with 10K off the sticker, it's still not a great deal considering how much more they are taking a hit in resale value.

There is a dealership in Fr.Worth Texas, Meador C-Dodge. They have a 2008 Dodge R/T, sticker price 35K, loaded out. It's a demo car with 5K miles on it, sitting on the lot with a flat tire. This car came from another dealership that went out of business. They gave me a quote of $29.5K for the car!!!!

Used 2008 models are almost 10K cheaper with just a few more miles on them. I can see why C/Dodge is having hard times. They are still very proud of the stock that they still have.
  • sleukemsleukem Posts: 22
    I know what you mean. The same dealership had a 2007 Charger SRT-1 on "special" for $47,000 and change. Guess what the sticker price was. You guessed it, $47,000 and change! What a joke. How can you call that a special? The thing is almost 3 years old!!!!

You have any idea what a fair price would be for the R/T I'm interested in?
  • mazdazedmazdazed Posts: 34
    I saw an 08 R/T at one of the dealers that got axed. The sticker was in the $34k-$35k range and they were selling it for $25k. Someone who qualifies for the Owner Loyalty Rebate would save another $1000. Given that, I'd say that $31,900-$32,250 might be about the best deal you might get. Also, there are some significant improvements made to the 2009 R/T's worthy of consideration. I got $8,100 off a 2008 SE. Supposedly any more than that and the dealer would have been better off paying Chrysler to take it back. Good Luck!
  • rysterryster Posts: 529
    This seems to be a pretty decent deal, actually.

For example, a new '09 R/T with protection group stickers for $34,100.00 Taking into consideration the current incentives, it would be possible to get the '09 for $28,600. That equates to a roughly 16% discount.

The '08 you are looking at is brand new. The dealer is taking $9,237 off, which equates to a 22% discount. You are receiving a higher discount than you would get for a comparably equipped '09. Chrysler does not provide the dealer with any additional incentives to sell the '08. Additionally, it doesn't matter what the price is on used '08s. The car is new and never titled. As with any car, it doesn't become used until the car is registered and titled to the first owner.

There reaches a point where sometimes it does not make financial sense to buy a leftover. The manufacturers stop incentives on the outgoing model year and start discounting the current models. When that happens, the dealers are stuck with the car and will try to get as much as they can for it. If you don't care that it is an '08 and that it will depreciate substantially as soon as you sign the papers, you will be getting a highly optioned new car at a great price. If you are paying cash, and plan to keep the car for several years, it is an even better deal.

If you are financing the car, and don't intend to keep it more than 3-4 years, you will never be able to beat the depreciation unless you put at least 30% down.

Is this R/T an AWD or Daytona?
  • porchieporchie Posts: 20
    Has anyone bought a 2011 Charger? What sorts of deals are out there? With gas so expensive, I would think that they may be having a tough time selling them. We have a 06 Magnum RT we'll be replacing & thinking about the Charger. Any suggestions?
  • furyiiifuryiii Posts: 5
    I bought a 2011 R/T w/cloth interior, Nav Pkg w/back up camera, Sunroof and the Wheels and Tunes pkg (20" chrome clad and 506 watt Alpine 10 speakers). I paid $32K for it. This was two months ago. I have no regrets. The Hemi get 25 to 26 mpg Highway and with me just running back a forth to work during the week I'm averaging 19 to 21 mixed.
  • al63017al63017 Posts: 149
    furyiii If you are still getting 25-26 mpg with your rt I am getting one. Update on how you feel about car? Thanks
  • Just purchased a black 2011 Dodge Charger R/T Max last week. The vehicle is loaded, sunroof, navi, satellite radio, back up camera, leather seats, 20 inch wheels, and etc. I have about 300 miles on it now. I live in the Houston, TX area. Last week two Dodge dealer in the area were giving $6,000 off on all 2011's Dodge Charger Model in the Sunday paper. One dealer did not honor their ad price. Took my business to another dealer and was in & out in 1.5 hr with a new car. This is my first vehicle that I spent $30k plus on. I am very happy with the purchase.

MSRP- $37,170
    Savings- $6,000 off
    Total- $31,170 plus ttl

You tell me if this is a good deal?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,702
    Check true car pricing. Here in NJ, they are coming up as $7337 off.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,980
    If you bought a new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Fiat "special edition" model in the past year or so - or if you are a dealer who sold one - a reporter would love to hear about it. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, October 10, 2012 with your daytime phone number and a brief description of the car and your experience with it.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• andremikeandremike Posts: 41
    Has there really not been a post in 6years?

So what are the best deals on a charger right now?

I see the 2500 rebate.

Can someone clarify the 1000 conquest cash.... do I really need to be leasing a competitve vehicle? is it only a lease and not a OWN a competitive vehicle
2»