Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Honda Accord Coupe and Sedan

Comments

• elroy5elroy5 Posts: 3,741
    Does the difference between 31 degrees and 33 degrees ring a bell?

So if you get in your car at 7:00 am, and the readout says 35, you think you're safe? I don't think I would depend on that. Just because the temperature is 40 degrees where you are driving at the moment, that doesn't mean it wasn't much lower a couple of hours ago. In this kind of situation an outside temperature gauge could actually make a driver think he is safe, when he isn't.
  • ttbttb Posts: 40
    Real sad day today.

I only have 160 miles on my 2008 and some weird noise from the rear door panel behind the driver's seat. Sounds like it's because of the hard plastics used in the door panel.

And I also have the fan whistles or hissing noise from the fan behind the glove box.

I had enough with the 2004 I returned to the dealer and hope that this new generation will be better, but no luck, at least in my case.

Does anyone has the same issues which know how to fix?

Thanks in advance.
  • ttbttb Posts: 40
    I have this exact same problem too. It seems like it from the rear door panel behind the driver seat, and I would say it is the hard plastics used. It happens when accelerating from a stop, very noticeable.

I'm pretty sure if I take it back to the dealer, they're going to say it's normal or it's the "characteristics" of this car.

Does anyone know a fix for this. Very annoying and frustrating.

I only have 160 miles on this new 2008.

Thanks.
  • exshomanexshoman Posts: 109
    For me, like many things, a temperature gauge is a nice to have, but not a deal killer. I wish my Accord had numerous other things, such as a trip computer, or struts on the trunk, but none of these things stopped me from buying the Accord. Face it, no car is going to be exactly what you want.

Like many people, I also have an temperature gauge in my home, not for any sort of safety reason, I just like to know how hot or cold it is.

Some people feel just as strongly for other features, say radio controls on the steering wheel. Would I have still bought the Accord if it didn't have these controls? Yes. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate having them. Different strokes for different folks.
    Some people want this feature, some want that feature, still more people want the next, and so on, and so on. When does it become too much, and when is it not worth the cost? Are you willing to pay extra for 30 gadgets, to get the 3 you think are useful? It seems if they are going to add one, they have to add them all, or people who wanted that one feature (that was left out) are disappointed. Where does it end? When is enough enough? Very soon, I fear enough (for the car makers) is going to be far far more than what I consider enough. Maybe I am alone in seeing where this is headed.
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    Well, for the time being, I think the 08 Accord v6 exl w/ navi beats the 08 TL w/ navi in the features department. A friend of mine just bought the TL and comparing it to my EXL, I noticed the Accord has more features, at least in the navi and mp3 play back department. That is, of course, until the 09 TL shows up!
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    I have not tested the MP3 in my V6 EX-L but the CD is awesome. Sometimes, it appeared my '02 driver seat slided when the car is turned. But no issue for my '08 for now.
  • emaleemale Posts: 1,380
    where it is all headed is hopefully toward more flexible manufacturing and therefore more flexible options ordering. and yes i know all the buzz about it's easier/cheaper/faster to package these options with those options, etc...but changes in the way cars are made should allow for more ala carte optioning in the future. the first car maker to again offer ala carte optioning will have a step up on the competition.
  • shado4shado4 Posts: 287
    Outside temperature gauge, intelligent key, trip computer, air pressure monitors, and power seats (and probably some more I haven't thought of). All things I would not pay an extra dime for, if I didn't have to. The unnecessary gadgets keep adding up, and so do the buttons to operate them.

Yep, all those unnecessary gadgets like power windows, power door locks, cruise control, power steering, power brakes, etc. Why would anyone need anything more than an AM radio in their car??? It boggles the mind that car makers continue to add gadgets like headlights! Do you really need to drive in the dark? And don't get me started on those new-fangled electronic turn signals. Stick your arm out the damn window when you want to make a turn! Electronic starter? Oh my goodness, get out and hand crank your engine like a man!

Geez...unnecessary gadgets all of them. :P
  • SporinSporin Posts: 1,066
    Soooo, you don't carry keys in your pockets? With the Altima, it means as long as they are on your person, you can get in and crank the vehicle. With keys, you still have to have them on your person, but you have to fish them out of your pocket/purse/bag and then use them.

I don't have a car with the intelligent key system, but I can't see how it adds something in your pockets that you wouldn't already have.

I have 3 or 4 keys on the same ring as my car key, when I'm driving (sitting down), these keys are hanging from the dash, not in my pocket. :shades:

I don't mind keys in my pocket when I'm standing but hate having them in there when I'm sitting.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,259
    I understand having an outside temperature measurement; I have it on both of my cars.
    The measurements aren't accurate, so surfaces may be frozen while you're reading 33.
    The temps may have changed in the air but surfaces are frozen.
    There were small stick-on thermometers for the outside rearview mirrors which may be just as useful.
  • bug4bug4 Posts: 370
    It seems clear to me . . . . those who use their Accords to commute or live in a consistently warm climate don't need a temp. gauge and likely view it more as a luxury. Conversely, those who live in cold climates and use their cars for longer-distance travel (where the temperature can vary significantly during your trip) find it useful. Not sure much else needs to be said about the subject? [For me, my temperature gauge is an integral part of my portable, carbon-based, neuron-fired stability control. It works in close tandem with the leather-clad seat cushions which pucker nicely in that split second between the failure of the carbon-based system and the time when that little "VSC" light comes to life! :P ]
  • blufz1blufz1 Posts: 2,045
    Well,then,you've got to have it. :)
  • blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    I wanted my car with an outside temperature display, as my last few cars had had. It came with the display. I'm happy.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,259
    where it is all headed is hopefully toward more flexible manufacturing and therefore more flexible options ordering. and yes i know all the buzz about it's easier/cheaper/faster to package these options with those options, etc...but changes in the way cars are made should allow for more ala carte optioning in the future. the first car maker to again offer ala carte optioning will have a step up on the competition.

Then everyone would have to order their car (with only the options they want) then wait for the factory to build it and ship it to the dealership. Can you imagine the problems this would cause on the assembly line, if every car on the line is different from the previous car? Doesn't make for a very efficient assembly line. I can hear the plant manager now "OK everyone, we got a bunch of orders for Accords the last two weeks, so we'll be working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week until further notice". Then two months later it would be "OK guys, we haven't gotten many orders the past two weeks, so take the rest of the week off. We'll call you when we get some more orders". The cost for overtime pay would rise, and the workers wouldn't be happy with the constantly changing hours.

It will never work that way, IMO.
    No, there will still be many, many buyers who want to walk into a dealership and buy a car RIGHT NOW. For those folks, they would choose from a selection of cars that have already been built, preferably close to what you want. If it came with some options you didn't want, well, you live with it, because you want it NOW. Conversely, it may not have some options you want, but you're willing to overlook it because you want it NOW. That would keep the assembly line humming.

For others, who plan out their car purchases ahead of time, the ability to check off individual options so that you get the car closest to your needs/wants is a pleasure. I would have been more than happy to wait a couple months for a specific car to be built and shipped to me. Fortunately, I've never been in a situation where I need to have a new car immediately.

I remember well my first new car purchase, a 1984 Camaro Z28. There was nothing on the entire east coast that was configured the way I wanted, which was a black beauty with every single option except two - an automatic transmission, and a wiper on the back hatch, which I thought was ugly. I wasn't "confused" by all the different options, I just went down the list of options, and checked the ones I wanted, and left the ones I didn't unchecked. It was easy.

Then I waited (six weeks if I recall), eagerly anticipating the delivery.

For the rest of the folks that were happy to buy something off the lot, there were plenty available. Just nothing that I wanted.

Loved that car. Owned it for almost 20 years. It was worth the wait.
  • blufz1blufz1 Posts: 2,045
    I think the production of only say 3 trim levels all configured identically is probably the main reason for superior quality of cars built in this way.
    from what i've heard some engineers say recently, ala carte optioning probably isn't that far off. but, that doesn't mean the car makers couldn't still offer option packages for quick ordering.

anyway, as an example, wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have to "take" the top line package just to get the sunroof...or the navigation system just to get bluetooth? it used to work that way...you could order almost exactly what you wanted.

anyway, i hope the car makers return to giving us more options when ordering. and from what i've read and heard, it's coming.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,744
    No dealer would want to get stuck with some oddball car that someone ordered and didn't go through with the sale.
    Wouldn't it be harder to get a good deal on a car you ordered, vs. a car off the lot? Probably negating any savings from not paying for options you don't want. My uncle always orders his cars (thinks he's special or something), but he pays extra for them because of it.
    Actually, I don't think it would be like that. A special order car doesn't sit on the lot for 2 months waiting to be sold, so the dealer's not paying interest on that car until it's sold. So he's motivated to give you a good deal. A sale is a sale.

And even if you did have to pay a bit extra, that's the age old quandary, isn't it? Pay a bit more for something you really wanted, or pay less for something that is not quite what you wanted. Like everything in life, it depends on your own personal cost/benefit ratio.
    and dealers themselves never order oddball combinations ... ;)
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Someone had mentioned that they honda is no longer offering the Black on Tan for the Accord, only black/back. Is there truth to this, if so, why?
    lol, I'll settle for some gadgets, not all. I don't need a kitchen sink in my car!
    I was wondering about that also. I just checked Honda.com and black/ivory combo is still being offered.
    I'm talking about someone who orders some oddball combination and then backs out. The dealer will be stuck with a saleproof car.
    Well, that "someone" is wrong. Honda offers both color interiors with black.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were to do that since nobody ever seems to want the ivory interiors with black cars. They are VERY hard to sell!
    Must be one of them "oddball" combinations. :P
  • Someone had mentioned that they honda is no longer offering the Black on Tan for the Accord, only black/back. Is there truth to this, if so, why?

According to Honda.com You can get black on black or black an ivory with the sedan but only black on black with the coupe.
This discussion has been closed.