Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln MKX

Comments

• vinnieg1vinnieg1 Posts: 53
    I have a Lincoln MKX and the antenna isn't as strong as other vehicles. Stations especially AM are not coming in as clear. Has anyone had this problem? Any advice on where to get a stronger one?
  • texasestexases Posts: 5,647
    Anyone compare the 18 to the 20s? Most on the lot have the 20s, thinking of asking them to swap out for the 18s (better ride?, cheaper replacements).
  • lateralglateralg Posts: 929
    I'm very sensitive to ride harshness, but am very satisfied with the ride on my Mazda CX-9 with its 20's.

A potential bonus of 20's is that rolling resistance is generally less for larger diameter wheels.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,719
    I test drove both and would have taken the 20's if necessary. There wasn't a huge difference in ride quality but I found the 18's to be slightly better.
  • hamomhamom Posts: 13
    I have the 20 inch wheels and I love them! I test drove both and found the bigger wheels to have a nicer ride..just my opinion.
  • mhunschemhunsche Posts: 5
    I just picked up a new 2008 black MKX Limited with the monochromatic grill package, aftermarket ground effects and aftermarket 22" wheels. The larger wheels are quite comfortable with this car. They look great in the wheelwell and ride nicely.

I'll post a photo in the next day or so. Prepare to see one of the most beautiful examples of an MKX you will ever see.
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    People have found that the 18 inch Michelin tire is more expensive than the 20 inch
    Pirelli. Go figure.
    Michelin vs. Pirelli - not hard to understand.
  • Any idea on when the mkx will receive a refreshing. Will it get the 3.7 woth more power than the current mks application, update interior and exterior, and a more sportier suspension to further differentiate it from the edge
    2010 model year at the earliest - could be 2011. Should know more after the Detroit Auto Show in January. Not much inside info right now.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A reporter is looking to interview owners of a 2007 or 2008 minivan, SUV or crossover that is loaded with two or more high-tech features such as a navigation system, DVD player, heated mirrors, parking sensors, rear view cameras, iPod connectivity, radio data system, Bluetooth, satellite radio, tire pressure monitoring, universal garage door opener, Sync, etc. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com before Friday, October 10, 2008 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your vehicle.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• belfastbelfast Posts: 18
    Fallon try putting a correct email address on and I bet you get replies.
    Belfast :sick:
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,246
    The "@" sign here is tweaked to foil the automated spam bots.

If you'll copy jfallon@edmunds.com and manually substitute the real @ sign, it should work ok.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• corny1corny1 Posts: 1
    Howdy folks. I am thinking about buying an mkx. I am interested in what you guys think about the headlights on these cuv`s, great , ok, poor etc. Also does anyone know why you can not get a roof rack with the vista roof. There looks to be lots of room. Has anyone had an after market roof rack installed?

thanks
    corny1
    Re: the roof rack, I'd be careful, there's the mechanism for the vista roof under the sheetmetal. We are happy with ours (no sunroof), as for headlights, they're fine, don't really notice one way or the other. I may have a different opinion later now that we're headed towards the longer nights.
  • I had a small pool of red fluid on garage floor under the engine of my 2007 MKX with around 12K miles. Took it to Ford dealership around the corner and they replaced transmission seal. All warranty protected. Smell began in a few days so decided to return to Lincoln dealership where we bought it. Replaced PTU seal. 5 minutes into the trip home turned on heater and the smell returned. Went back to the dealership the next day where I was informed that the PTU seal "did not take".
    The dealer kept the vehicle overnight after replacing seal the second time and did more testing before I picked it up the next day. So far..so good....knock on wood.. Vista Roof okay so far (crossing fingers).
    Thanks for the info. Is yours AWD?
  • Oops...forgot to mention that it IS an AWD. Nephew leased an Edge, I believe a 2008, and it blew a bearing the other day. He is no mechanic so he could mean the PTU seal. F O R D......Fix Or Repair Daily.....
  • rayinnhrayinnh Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if a dealer can install an engine throttle back device so the engine will brake and slow the vehicle while on cruise going downhill. Similar to what I have on my Mercedes.
    Thanks, Ray
    If you had bothered to read the owner's manual you would know that you can put the transmission in L and it will provide enhanced engine braking for - among other things - downhill driving.
  • dsc100dsc100 Posts: 1
    hi - i have a 2008 MKX, my problem is that when I go over 65, it starts to shake. anyone else have this problem? do you know what it could be? I've only had the car for a month, did not buy from dealer, haven't had a chance to take it to the dealer yet.
    Probably lost a wheel weight and the wheel is out of balance. Have the dealer check it out.
  • mhunschemhunsche Posts: 5
    Easy problem would be wheel weight. Other possible causes could be alignment, or possible front end damage. In any case, you need to get it to the dealer.

Keep synthetic 20W oil in the engine. Preferably 0-20W.
    "Keep synthetic 20W oil in the engine. Preferably 0-20W."

Why? That's not what the factory says. Don't void your warranty.
  • stage15stage15 Posts: 1
    Just picked up a new 2009 MKX and Iam in love with it. I traded my 2008 infinity EX35 which was very luxurious ,however, TOO SMALL. Does anyone know why when I try to install my downloaded picture cd (jpeg) to the home screen I get the error message bad disk or incompatible file?? I downloaded the photos to disk from windows photo gallery on my computer????
    RH
    My guess would be incompatible file type (.gif, .jpg, etc.) or an incompatible file system type on the cd.
  • Hi, Guys. I've been seeing pictures of the 2011 MKX that's due to
    come out this summer. I like what I'm seeing and I'm liking the features that are going to be added such as the power tilt/telescoping steering wheel and rain-sensing wipers. Also, there's a new touch-screen nav with slide controls for the AC and
    such, referred to as MyLincoln. Has anyone else seen the pics on the 2011 MKX? If so, what are your thoughts?
  • I did see it. The biggest news is the 3.7L engine. Should be dandy. I like the new front fascia and the improved interior. I own an 08, which I love. I added new ground effects and am running 24" wheels and tires. It's cool.
  • MY FIRST WINTER IN MY MKX AND I'M EXPERIENCING A EXHAUST TYPE BURNING SMELL INSIDE MY VEHICLE WHEN THE HEAT IS ON. I WAS CONCERNED IT WAS EXHAUST BEING DRAWN INSIDE BUT AFTER READING SOME COMMENTS ON THIS FORUM IT SEEMS TO BE A COMMON PROBLEM HAVING TO DO WITH THE PTU. HAS ANYONE ONE HAD DIFFICULTY GETTING THIS FIXED? I'M PRINTING OUT SOME OF THESE POST TO BRING WITH ME WHEN I MAKE MY UPCOMING SERVICE APPT. ANY INFO IN GETTING THIS CORRECTED IS APPRECIATED.
  • gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,422
    Please don't yell when posting. Thanks.