Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Obvio - Car of the near future?

2»

Comments

• itsme12235itsme12235 Member Posts: 3
    Good point, I completely forgot about the onboard system system, basically a desktop computer with internet capabilities and the whole bit integrated into the dashboard. That in and of itself is a revolutionary achievement, not to mention those interesting little Boblebee backpacks that come with it.. On the Obvio! homepage I was also surprised to see that the image of the 828/2 in a person's hand was equipped with scissor doors like on Lamborghini's and other high quality exotic cars. It made me wonder if that feature would be included on a productoin model. Could you give me any info on that?
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    doors will flip up like that. That is one other different thing about these cars that makes them "one of a kind" cars.
    There is a lot to like about the new Obvio!'s.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,370
    I completely forgot about the onboard system system, basically a desktop computer with internet capabilities and the whole bit integrated into the dashboard.

Yep, that's just what we need, as if it wasn't bad enough that
    we have drivers being distracted by cellphones now we'll have them surfing the web and watching YouTube. :surprise:

With all due respect the likelihood of all those features being included in a $14,000 car approaches that of Malcolm Bricklin being involved with a successful automotive venture. :sick:

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

and it is a big butt, Mr.Bricklin brought Subaru to the U.S. though I don't like them and have never liked any of their models, I have been told that many American people do like them. So Mr.Bricklin has had a measure of success in the automotive field.

I was thinking of Mr.Bricklin just the other day and wondering why the press hasn't given us a "Bricklin" update of late. Wad he up to? :confuse:

Yes it was Mal Bricklin who first imported the flimsy Subaru 360, a ridiculous, outdated cartoon car to the USA>

It was a flop as were the Bricklin SV1 and the Yugo which he then went on to make and import respectively as for Subaru, it gained traction in the US market long after Bricklin's short-lived tenure as an importer.

How so before the Obvio hits a showroom near us? :sick:

Obvio! is going to hit American shores. The clown car race is currently being led by the SmartForSomeone's, and they have received the lion's share of the clown car press, with next to little press given to the lowly Obvio's.

I've actually seen Smarts, on actual streets! I think I'd notice an Obvio if I ever saw one. (Big IF!)

This discussion has been closed.