Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best new or used vehicle for $30,000

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,623
    For $30K new.. I'd take a TSX, or a 2.0T Quattro A3 (oh right, you can't get Quattro in the 2.0T..duh).

2-seater? '03 Boxster or new S2000..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• jimmy81jimmy81 Posts: 170
    $30 for a TSX? Navi,right?

A non - navi 06 TL is selling for the low $31s.....
    We have taxes where I live... ;)

Plus... If I'm going over $30K, then that opens up a whole 'nother list...

• I guess I would throw in Altima SE-R, Speed6, Magnum V-8, Charger V-8, Saab 9-3 turbo, Legacy, Accord, Impala SS. All of these are quick and can stow 4 Sunday bags for a road trip to a nice golf course.

I would exclude the Camry, Fusion, Galant since they aren't as performance-minded as the above. Not that they are bad cars, just not as high performance.

Maybe add the Maxima.

My personal pick is the base Altima 3.5SE because my budget is < $24K and I love the manual shift auto. I have to get auto because of my co-drivers. Who else makes manual autos?

Thanks!
    In the paper today.. '05 BMW 325i.. CPO with 12K miles.. for $28,900..

That is my new top pick for under $30K... ;)

• calidavecalidave Posts: 156
    great ideas, folks
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    "fedlawman.. Are you sure you weren't thinking of a 2001 M3 for $30K?"

By your wink, I think you already know the answer to that question.

There is a certain, fully restored 1988 M3 I have my eye on...

10.2 to 1 EVOIII pistons
    EVOIII 2.5 Crankshaft
    EVOIII 272 degree intake cam
    EVOII 264 degree exhaust cam
    EVOIII valve springs
    EVOIII Air Flow Meter
    EVOIII Injectors
    EVOII 2 piece exhaust 50mm primaries and secondaries
    EVOIII 48 mm throttle bodies

All genuine BMW Evo III parts

Certainly not the most maintenance free car out there, but these older BMW's and Porsches are about the entire ownership experience, not just commuting to the office every day. These cars are a fun hobby, and I personally get almost as much pleasure from working on my car as I do driving it.

I know they're not for everyone - it's just what I would get.
  • any new ideas?
  • xkiddx13xkiddx13 Posts: 122
    that is a givin,
    i would go with the 2006, honda accord hybrid.
    the great fuel economy, with 37 mpg, and ultra-low emissions. with the accord hybrid, it also has scintillating high performance, with 253 horsepower working with you to make driving more enjoyable, it makes social responsibility fun. and the accord hybrid is actually a luxury car that just happens to get economy-car milege. its comforts and conveniences include supple leather trim and an 8 way power drivers seat. an automatic climate control system maintains your desired environment quietly and efficiently. the remote entry system makes for quick and easy entries and exits. there is also a new power moonroof for this car to bring sunny skies or starry nights in. not to mention you got the backing of honda quality..
    so for 30,000.00 go for the '06 honda accord hybrid.
    that is a little cheap but then again who knows, where the dealership you are looking at got the car, or how much they paid for it.. and if its not honda certified, i which im sure its not, specially if there are going down that low, then i would deffinatly get it checked out..
    taking the car to a dealership you trust, cause an indepented may not be honest or trust worthy either but a dealership, for example if its a honda, take it to a honda dealership that is respectable in the community, they will try there best to help you, they want your business and your return business as well..
  • 2006 Accord Hybrid has been delayed. It might not be available until mid-year.

For $30K:

You have a 6-speed IS250, 6-speed G35 sedan/coupe, Avalon Limited, Loaded Leather Prius, BMW 325, S2000.

Or in two years a uused E320CDI

It all depends on what you want and what you consider most important besides just the $30K.

Reliability, Handling, mileage, performance, number of passengers, cargo space, asthetic value, features

Double sixes,

MidCow
    the '06 hybrid will be out in april, but then what does that matter if your saying to wait for two years to get a used car.
    plus you got the honda backing. it is already febuary, you can get all the info you need on the hybrid to design the exact color style accesories that you want in it and have it deliverd right to your house...

though the BMW 325 is a good pick as well, even though you wont be able to get one fully loaded for under $30k
  • when is someone gonna suggest a Milano?!!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,146
    are you suggesting it?

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

Do you mean the old Alfa Romeo?

Or, the Pepperidge Farm cookie?

Or, the Mercury Milan?

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,146
    see that?
    Its so incredibly uninteresting we can't even be bothered to remember its name. ;)

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• yes yes - you are both right

the "Milan"

they say it gets over 30 mpg - so it meets that "spec" - not sure about the others

I think I need a thread - "Most Fun Cars that get 30 mpg and that you'd be willing to drive at 80 mph on a freeway every single day back and forth to work 20 miles away? (no price limit)"
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    I'll take the cookie. :P
  • If a person needs a lot of room, Hyundai Azera or Toyota Avalon, brand new.