Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying American Cars What Does It Mean?

Comments

• fintailfintail Posts: 32,922
    You can offer lower corporate taxes when you aren't a policeman enslaved to the military-industrial monster controlled by offshore entities, and don't offer endless pity me policies for the top few.

I doubt many of those sell at all, it's fast - but just a little odd, and isn't ostentatious.
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,680
    The price of $1.2 million does limit the buyers. However it will sell out the 29 units they plan to build with no problem. We have a lot worse problems than our military industrial complex. One of the few industries still providing good jobs to Americans.
    Selling those all might take time - the typical show off royalty supercar driver wants bling, a Veyron or Pagani etc.

Those "jobs" are subsidized by the taxpayer (aka debt and deficit) and exist only because of our idiotic foreign policy. They most certainly are not legitimate free market jobs. Rand and Mises and the rest of the dreamers would not approve.
  • tlongtlong CaliforniaPosts: 4,701
    You can offer lower corporate taxes when you aren't a policeman enslaved to the military-industrial monster controlled by offshore entities, and don't offer endless pity me policies for the top few.

If there are lower taxes then I'm sure it's a bananna republic overrun with executive criminals. :P
    Or at very least, a parasite moving ahead thanks to the effort and expense of someone else. These nations are no more legitimate than college kids with a parental free ride pretending to be independent adults.

When one lacks the cojones to name the tax shelter, I guess it is moot ;)
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,680
    I think it is far better looking than the Butt ugly Veyron. I would still prefer a Porsche Carrera in my garage.

These nations are no more legitimate than college kids with a parental free ride pretending to be independent adults.

Aren't we talking England here? I guess we all have different definitions of legitimacy. ;)
    edited February 2013
    How long did we subsidize their defense or otherwise come to their aid? It aint free. Oh well, the sun has set there - they'll take any money no matter how bloody. I suspect they also tax their "job creators" higher to compensate for any corporate tax benefits.
    edited February 2013
    Kind of different price points there, too - could buy a dozen Porsches for the price of the SuperElise.

If I had 7 figures to blow - Pagani Huayra. Ugly as sin, but amazing engineering, amazing interior, Mercedes-AMG heart.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    For 7 figures....I'd spend half to pave a track on private property and then buy 5 different $100,000 cars. Then invite friends to race 'em. :shades:
    If I could afford to blow 7 figures on a toy, I'd already have my own track and underground bunker full of cars :shades:
    How long did we subsidize their defense or otherwise come to their aid? It aint free. Oh well, the sun has set there - they'll take any money no matter how bloody.

Now we're talking bloody? I thought this was about American cars. :P

There certainly are no (real) British cars left.
    underground bunker full of cars

Like this guy?

http://youtu.be/3t_1f0SXBsI
    These beloved tax havens seem to practice ethics on par with so much of our should-be-hanged FIRE industry leaders.

No 100% British mass market car, but there are still some small volume hangers-on.
    Mine would be more like Leno's - I wouldn't be scared to let people in to look. Maybe even operate it as a museum with proceeds going to charity.
    I know it sounds boring, but having a bunch of identical cars would be neat because then it's purely up to the driver.
    I'd have a fleet of 190D fintails for the track, have fun with that :shades:
    Would be a test of who can preserve momentum best. Actually kinda sounds like fun.

Or you could run a 24 hour format. Probably would not have a single break down or anyone running out of diesel.
    That would be a pro - easy maintenance, and no huge speed related crashes, too.

I'll say my old car is more fun to actually drive than the AMG - as it takes more work, planning, skill. Conserving momentum and making the most of the transmission isn't the same as simply aiming and flooring it.
    I'll say my old car is more fun to actually drive than the AMG - as it takes more work, planning, skill. Conserving momentum and making the most of the transmission isn't the same as simply aiming and flooring it.

My first (used) car was a '66 Beetle. Talk about sporting! I needed tons of work planning, skill, and especially conservation of momentum to drive that car!