Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will classic design save GM, Ford and Chrysler??

13»

Comments

• carlisimocarlisimo Posts: 1,280
    Well ok, then Cadillac would be redundant. Or Saturn. Or Saab.

imo, a pony car is exactly what Pontiac should have. It should define Pontiac. That's not gonna work if Chevy has a more well-known pony car of its own.
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    The GTO isn't a pony car ? Yes it isn't the perfect design for the GTO. I agree the Camaro will be a hit over the GTO unless GM does build a retro GTO. Is their room enough for a Trans-Am ???? I do have a solution. The G8 become GTO like the 4 door Charger with a retro flavor. Trans-Am becomes 2 door coupe but with retro 60's, 70's, 80, 90's, 2000's styling mixed into a bag. ;)

Rocky
  • carlisimocarlisimo Posts: 1,280
    The GTO is a little bit upscale and mature compared to pony cars. It's for grown-ups, not young dudes. While I like the car, it hasn't added much to Pontiac's visibility.

They haven't finished the Camaro yet, so just design it as the next Pontiac Firebird (or Trans-am, someone explain to me the difference or similarity). Leave the Camaro in its hallowed grave, so that Chevy can remain family-oriented (with souped up versions of family cars, if there isn't an equivalent Pontiac).
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    We can have both carlisimo. I can make it work. The new G8 sedan we could call it a GTO. Let Chevy have the coupe and call it Camaro. ;)

G8 could compete with BMW3, Lexus IS, Audi A4, Infiniti G35, Charger etc

Camaro could compete against Mustang, Challeger, G35 coupe, Nissan Z, etc etc

Will it happen that way ? I doubt it. The way it looks is Camaro Coupe, GTO Coupe, and G8 sedan which isn't a bad line-up either.

Rocky
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    Why hark back to the first generation? I thought the 1970 1/2 redesign was much better looking. Maybe it overstayed its welcome, lasting through the 1981 model year, of course with 5 mph bumpers added for 1974 and the wraparound rear glass added the following year.
13»
This discussion has been closed.