Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Volvo S80

167891012»

Comments

• twindy1twindy1 Posts: 9
    I have noticed some differences between my new S80 and my 2000 S80 and a 'strange' note in the owner's manual. My 2000 has the following:
    * child door lock on the driver's side where you can lock/unlock the door. New car you have to use a screw driver to chnage to lock on the rear door panels. Manual had a note that the driver control for child locks is 'available in some markets.'
    * 2000 had laminated windows to prevent someone from breaking into the car, same not in the manual 'available in some markets.'
    * cabin filter was standard on the 2000, now I don't think my new car has it as I see it is an option? Is this correct?

I have checked the manual and Volvo's web site but haven't found any further information on what 'available in some markets' means or what markets it is available. If you build a car, those options aren't listed. Any information is appreciated. PS, I miss the little holder on the windshield too.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    US Spec S80's never had the electric child door locks.

Cabin air filter is standard.

Sadly,the laminated windows are not offered in the US market anymore.
  • twindy1twindy1 Posts: 9
    Thanks for the reply Volvomax. My 2000 had the electric child door locks, purchased in Texas, not overseas..???
    Do you know why they stopped offering the laminated windows in the US? I really liked that feature. I think the same options should be available in all markets and let the customer decide!
    FAIK, no US spec S80 had the electric child door locks.
    Those locks had a separate switch in the bottom of the dash that only locked the rear doors.
    Laminated glass was dropped due to cost
  • Another trip south and back, and cruise control continues to amaze me with functioning. Coming home, I got "information" light and chime, and told that "radar is blocked" see manual. Stopped for lunch, read manual, cleaned radar insert in grill with cold water and wiped clean, and back to normal function.

Adjustable ride also great. Makes mountain driving comfortable as you feel completely in control.

What a great vehicle! rld.
  • I'm interested in purchasing a Volvo S80. I live in Southern California where luxury sedans are popular, but mostly BMW and Mercedes. I want to get feedback on why I should buy a Volvo over other luxury sedan models.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Umm, because you want one? That's the most important reason of all! :)

There are lots of posts here that may be helpful. You can read through them while you are waiting for some input. Have fun!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,199
    as the host said, what you want is the most important reason.

As far as other reasons, I think probably the 2 biggest are the fact that a Volvo is less expensive than other luxury brands (save maybe Infiniti) when similarly equipped AND that you will be in a more exclusive group (ie, far less S80s driving around out there than 5-series and E-class cars).

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• Do any of you know how to replace the cabin air filter on the 2007 S 80??

Seems its a bit different from previous S 80's.

Any references would be appreciated. doctor dick.
  • hagop50hagop50 Posts: 5
    I started to look for an 05 or 06 T.5, but have not been able to locate one that we like. I am considering a low mileage 07 from a private party. Has the 3.2 been reliable? I tend to keep cars 10+years. Am I better off continuing to wait for the T5?
    Thanks in advance
  • hagop50hagop50 Posts: 5
    I would appreciate opinions on whether the push button start/keyless entry is worth getting? I am concerned that it may sound good in the showroom but not be very handy or reliable in the end. Thanks
    To answer both of your questions, I have an 07 S80 V8 that has been near perfect.

We have had no issues w/ the S80 3.2 either.
    Oddly enough, there was a fuel pump issue on the S80 T6.
    For some reason, the fuel line would blow off the pump.
    This was an issue on only a few cars and has been rectified.

I have the full keyless, and I love it.
    Can't imagine having a car without it.
  • I recently bought a 2008 S80 T6. The Keyless entry and start is one of the features I really love. It works like a charm.
    The BLIS is also pretty nice for 600$ or so.
  • odd1odd1 Posts: 226
    Interested in the S80 with the 3.2 I6 and want to know real world gas mileage experience and if anyone runs regular gas. Reading the manual on line it says that 91 octane is recommended but that 87 is okay.
  • jay2001jay2001 Posts: 19
    We only put on 1000 miles so far , so maybe the car isn't "broken in" completely, but the milage has been about 20 mpg on regular, in mostly (80%) city driving .
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    My only gripe with any keyless entry and start system is that there should be some user-programmable time-limit or distance-limit auto shut-off.
  • Hi guys,
    I am interested in buying used 2007 S80 4.4l AWD.
    SInce it is a first badge, I was wondering if anyone ever experience any issues on the vehicle? Thank you.
    Yoko.
  • cet1stcet1st Posts: 17
    How will the tail lights be affective when day light ends with the running lights on? Can you leave the light switch in the"0" position and will all the lights (head and tail) switch into the the night mode. Or would a better choice be - to have the running lights be disconnected through Volvo dealer software, requiring the driver to manually turn headlights on and off.
    There is no "daylight" mode.
    When the lights are on, they are on full power.

Personally, I dislike having the lights on during the day, so I had mine switched off.
    Is there a spare tire that can obtained for the 2007 Volvo S80-V8 with 18" tires? If so, will it fit into the wheel well in the trunk? Please advise!!
    Where can you purchase Volvo OEM Xenon HID (D1S) bulbs? Do you have to replace them in pairs? Are they difficult to replace?
  • My wife and I just bought a Certified Pre-owned 2007 S80. 3.2 engine. No adaptive cruise, parking sensors, or Nav, but otherwise loaded. Looking forward to as many good miles in this as we've put on our other Volvos.
    I brought a pre-owned 2007 S80 V8 engine. It's loaded with everything except parking sensors and Nav. I have enjoyed everything about this car except its low-profiled tires whose rims are easily bent by pot-holes found on main streets and the interstate. So far, I have had six (6) bend rims and counting. Low-profile tires and rims are great on widing curved roads, mild-climated cities and states roads. Does anyone have advice on how to solve my problem with bent rims?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,199
    Well, unfortunately, you've already spent a great deal of $$ on replacement rims that are the same size. You could have, and still should, but different smaller wheels. Sounds like you'd be better served by 17" wheels.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

Yes, don't hit any potholes! :P

Remember that you have a 4000 lb car slamming into unforgiving asphalt.
    No rim on the planet is going to handle that kind of force. If it did, it would be your suspension that bends.
    I would adjust your driving habits, and probably go w/ a 17" rim.
    Even those will bend,but they are less likely to than the 18"
    How do you adjust your speed on the interstate (I65 South) going 65 mph, driving in the right lane (because you're not passing)? This hole was created by trucks. The last three bent rims occurred while drive on the interstate. But I will follow your advice.
  • Had noise from front left since 15.000 miles. My car now has 31.000 miles on it. Volvo North America finally agreed to replace gearbox under warranty (after many visits to dealer) - in the shop as we speak... I really hope this will fix this problem. A little disappointed on Volvo service/warranty that it took them this long to acknowledge problem that started years ago.

Anyone else having noise/problem from transmission on S80 V8?
  • rashmirashmi Posts: 1
    Hi I have the same issue with my volvo s80 V8 AWD, done 35000 kilometres.
    I have taken to the dealers and they keep telling me that it is tyre noise.

Regards

Rashmi
  • doctordickdoctordick Posts: 36
    My S80 has the automatic parking brake release feature. Recently, on occasional start-ups, I get a message "service parking brake". My technician, not at the dealer, has checked the parking brake and its OK as far as he can see.

Any thoughts on solving this?? Besides taking it in to the dealer.

Thanks, doctor dick.
167891012»