Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Volvo S80

Comments

• The link below from Volvo's European Website shows S80 pricing and configurations/options there. I assume this may at least tell us what is likely coming to the USA sometime later (basic, SE, and Luxury packages). I have an old S80 T6 which is approaching 100,000 miles and I'm considering another S80, Acura RL or Infiniti M.

2007 S80 Price List from Europe

I realize one cannot probably derive US pricing from this, but perhaps (?) it gives us an idea of what the US configurations might look like.
  • I think, it gives you a pretty good idea what US prices are going to be, if you compare them with the Euro prices for the XC90.

It is apparent to me, that an S80 is priced rather aggressively (well bellow a comparable XC90), which means, that we can expect to see S80 in US at the same price point as a current one.

3.2 - starting at mid-upper 30th (37K) and V8 - low-mid 40th (43-45K).

I honestly expect to get well loaded S80 3.2 FWD at 35-37K through OSD in 2008, just as I've got my current S80 2.9 with Premium package and some other bell and whistles in 2000 for 34, 995.
  • jtt1jtt1 Posts: 7
    The V8 SE price is listed as 80,500 euros which equates to over $100,000 US dollars. Am I missing something here?
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    DO NOT use European prices to try to figure the price on the US S80.
    There are taxes and tariffs built into the Euro price that we won't have.
    If you want an educated guess here it is.

S80 3.2, base @$38,000 loaded @ $45,000

S80 V8 base @ $43,000 loaded @$50,000
    Honestly, I may be a little low on the V8.
    Could be $48-55,000
  • I would be da...d, Max. My uneducated guess was right next to yours.
    You are correct, the Euro price can not be used directly, but in comparison to the XC90. Then you can use US XC90 prices to guestimate US S80 future prices.
  • rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
    I would love to see if I could even afford a S80 V-8 :)

Thanx

Rocky
    Fianl pricing should be released in the fall.
    Okay thanx, so when will we start seeing them in dealerships ?

Rocky
    Prob Jan or Feb.
    Well that's quite awhile, why so long I wonder ? I am seriously considering one if I can get a good deal.

Rocky
    Is the U.S. going to get a 6-speed auto only ? This car would be much better with a stick or atleast having the option of one.

Volvomax, when will we see the S60, get a redesign if you know ????

Rocky
    The S80 will be auto only.
    No real call for a manual in this model segment anymore.

S60 will be redone in 2009.
    Well that's quite awhile, why so long I wonder ? I am seriously considering one if I can get a good deal.

Just normal lead time for a new model.
    Volvo is concentrating on the C70 right now.

As for a good deal, that depends on your point of view. It will be a new model so I doubt there will be any incentives or special financing. Maybe a lease package.
    The car will be considerably less than a similar Mercedes or BMW model.
  • bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,393
    That piques my curiosity. Does Volvo offer a stick in the S80 in Europe or is the car auto only everywhere?

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

Did the S60 get a refresh this year ? If so did it get a Dynaudio finally ???

If I could get a good lease deal, I might be suckered into buying one. This lady claims she can get me any vehicle at or below invoice. So I'll try her first to see how true she is. I also am thinking about a BMW 335i sedan when it comes available next March (I heard)

Rocky
    That piques my curiosity. Does Volvo offer a stick in the S80 in Europe or is the car auto only everywhere?

I believe the only version of the S80 that will be offered w/ a stick is the D5.
    The S60 gets a new front bumper, optional active xenon headlights and the tire pressure monitoring system.

Lease deals are on the 06's.
    Lease deals are on the 06's.

I bet the S60R isn't included ? I see that many of the new Volvo's have the Dynaudio equipment which is interesting. If the Volvo S60 didn't get the upgrade, that would be ashame :sick: I might be better off waiting for the next generation S60R then or attempt to get my hands on a S80.

Rocky
    There are some very good lease deals on the S60R.

Volvo wants to reserve the Dynaudio system for their halo cars. The C70, S80 V8, XC90.

The next S60R will probably not debut before 2010 or 2011.
    2007 is the last year for the current R.
    If the 2007 S60R got the Dynaudio, I look at one. Why in the Heck is Volvo canceling the highly sucessful S60 "R" ???? :surprise: That is too bad. :sick:

I guess all I can do is pray the S80 isn't ridiculously high and a good lease deal can happen. The residuals should be very high making a lease attractive one would think :confuse:

Rocky

P.S.
    Are you "volvomax" going to look at the S80 as your next car ?
    Well, I have a 2004 S60R and I have the Prem sound system and I like it.
    The only dynaudio system worth getting is the 900 watt system in the C70. But that is ONLY in the C70.

The R is going away because the current S60 is coming to the end of its model cycle.

As for the S80, "ridiculous" is in the eye of the beholder.
    The V8 is gonna be in the low to mid $50's and will lease like a car leases in that price range.
    It will be a less expensive alternative to the MB E500 or BMW 545i. Not to mention the Lexus GS430 and Infiniti M45.

My S60R lease has a year and a half to run, so I don't know what I'm going to get yet. My girlfriend wants the new S80, but I may look at the C30 and replace my 99 vette w/ a newer one or some other toy.
    Well, I have a 2004 S60R and I have the Prem sound system and I like it.
    The only dynaudio system worth getting is the 900 watt system in the C70. But that is ONLY in the C70.

Well I read somewhere on the net the S80 has 650 watts, plenty for me. ;)

Volvomax, do you think the C70 convertible could ever get a "R" version with AWD ? I don't understand Volvo sometimes. They have a 425+ hp. Turbo I-5 on the shelf and I'm waiting for them to use it in production.

The R is going away because the current S60 is coming to the end of its model cycle.

That is dumb IMHO. If I was Volvo, I'd drop in a 425 Turbo I-5, put in some ventilated seats, style the interior like the S80, drop in a 900 Watt Dynaudio system, and you might possibly have the greatest sedan ever made :shades:

The V8 is gonna be in the low to mid $50's and will lease like a car leases in that price range.
    It will be a less expensive alternative to the MB E500 or BMW 545i. Not to mention the Lexus GS430 and Infiniti M45.

So you don't expect the S80 to have class leading residuals ?

My S60R lease has a year and a half to run, so I don't know what I'm going to get yet. My girlfriend wants the new S80, but I may look at the C30 and replace my 99 vette w/ a newer one or some other toy.

I'll be your girlfriend if you buy me a Volvo S80 J/K :P

My wife really likes the S80 also pal. She would feel secure knowing are 2 kids are protected by the safest car perhaps on earth. :)

I like I said many times think the S80, is the best sedan on the market. The car was built around safety, and seems comfy. About the only thing I'd probably change about it would be to add a stick. I also don't understand why they just didn't drop in a Turbo I-5 with 425-450 hp. I would think that a Turbo I-5 would be just as cheap as the Yamaha V-8 and it would make more sense to use a Scandinavian, engine over a Japanese IMHO.

Well if I can somehow get a good lease deal when this car becomes available, sign me up. :shades:

Rocky
    The way the C70's structure is configured, AWD running gear won't fit.
    Volvo most emphatically does not have a 425hp Turbo 5 motor sitting on a shelf. It is possible to modify the R engine to produce that hp level, but Volvo is not in the business of building hot rods. Now, a turbo 5 under the kind of stress needed to produce 400+ hp won't live long and is not easy to drive. A V8 is a much better solution and chances are, if there is a new S60R it will carry a modified version of the Volvo designed, Yamaha produced V8.

As for the S80, residuals aren't what people think they are anymore. The 48 mo residual on the BMW 550i is 36% of MSRP.
    The Mercedes E500 is 38%, Lexus GS430 is 36%.
    Doing the math, you are looking at lease pmts in the 700-800/mo range.
    I saw the Turbo 5 on this very site. They were talking about using it in the SUV-Ya know the "R" version of that. ;)

Rocky
    Well that is also why I'm considering a BMW 335i sedan Volvomax. They are cheaper, and have the highest residuals out there. I just recently found out under BMW 3 forum that they will be available in September, meaning I could get one much sooner than a Volvo S80.

Rocky
    I saw the Turbo 5 on this very site. They were talking about using it in the SUV-Ya know the "R" version of that.

Don't believe everything Edmunds tells you.
    Not too long ago they were convinced that Volvo was going to use the Ford Explorers V8 for the XC90
    A peaky turbo engine is a horrible idea in a heavy SUV.
    Volvo has experimented w/ a supercharged version of the V8, but it has only gone as far as the drawing board.
    Obviously, the 3 series is not a competitor for the S80. The 5 series is.
    The S60 is the 3 series competitor.
    With the current lease deals, the R is a better deal than any 3 series.
    BMW doesn't have the highest residuals anymore. The 330xi @ 48 mos is 44%. Which is good, but not outstanding.
    Also, BMW finance charges high money factors, esp on new models.
    So BMW slipped in 2006 ? They had the highest resale in 2005. I'm leaning torwards a BMW, because I only have to drive 45 minutes to get to the dealership in Amarillo. The Volvo, dealership is in Lubbock,(2 1/2 hours away)and I wasn't thrilled at all with the way they treated me when I was trying to buy a S60R. :sick:

Rocky
    Everybody has slipped. So many people are leasing that it is driving down residuals. Too many cars coming back.
    Also, resale value has nothing to do w/ lease residuals.
    Honda's typically have the best resale value, but average lease residuals.