Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Volvo S80

Comments

• rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    Well you let us know, will ya ? ;)

Rocky
    I will say 6.1

Rocky
    Good Comparo Post.

Rocky
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    We will probably know in about 1 month.
    My "guess" is mid 50's for a loaded V8.
    You are probably very much right. I might be better off waiting for the MKS, since it will be close to the Volvo experience and be a bit cheaper and I could get it serviced in Amarillo. We will see.

Question. How much of a discount could I expect you think ?
    If Volvo was a GM, car I'd buy one for sure because of my GM discount. ;)

Rocky
    MKS won't be anything like the S80. The devil is in the details.

Prob won't be much discount on the initial S80's.
    Maybe if you wait till the end of model year 07.
    Yeah, volvomax I love the new S80. Why do you think they will be so significantly different ????

Rocky
    Well, for starters the MKS won't use any of the Volvo engines or technology.
    Second, if the MKS is anything like the 500, it won't use the Volvo high strength steel in its construction.
    You will end up with a faint copy of the real thing.
    Like buying a knockoff Louis Vuitton handbag.
  • dbtdbt Posts: 298
    All New Volvo S80 3.2 I6 priced from $38,705*
    All New Volvo S80 V8 priced from $47,350*
    * pricing does not include destination charges of $695.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,221
    the MKS won't use any of the Volvo engines or technology

well, i guess that's technically true. It won't use a volvo engine. It will use the same Yamaha V8 as the S80, however. At least, that's what all the reports I've read have said.

And, since both have AWD and a 6-speed tranny, I'd be surprised they wouldn't defray costs by using the same parts in both cars ... but I guess its not beyond Ford to waste money and build separate components.

UNLESS, this report I just found is true and they won't even have a V8 MKS:
    http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/08/21/ford-cancels-new-v8-for-lincoln-mks/

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

Yep, you saw that,no V8 for the MKS.

Sad days for Lincoln.
    I think I'd be happier with a Twin Turbo V-6. ;)

Rocky
    The other thing I will have to look at is residuals on the new S80. Without much of a discount I wouldn't beable to get out of the $50K range with a fully optioned V-8 :(

Maybe the MKS, will be "almost" as good and a bunch cheaper ? I'm not going to jump to conclusions until I get some sound data.

Rocky
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=117081

Guys I love the car, but I was hoping it wouldn't be so expensive. Probably a fully loaded one will be $52-55K Volvomax. Probably no deals either :cry: :cry: :cry: :sick: :cry:

Rocky
    I just built me a 2007' Volvo S80, just like I wanted and I have sticker shock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My MSRP comes in at $64,685

Well I guess I can scratch that one off my list !
    I might as well buy a Cadillac Esclade ESV Hybrid if I'm going to spend that kind of dough.

I guess it's not meant to be, for me anyways. For y'all that can afford one I'm very jealous.

Rocky
    That is VERY sad news. :(

why in the world would you opt for $2800 wheels??!

And did you add both the parking assist and parking cameras? Both are not necessary and I'd be surprised if you could even get them together.

You really gotta take it easy on those checkboxes. Read the suff. You may find there are some things you just don't need to opt for.

By the way, mine came to $55k. And I even went overboard, in my opinion, with the audio package, sport package, and navigation.

Yeah, I did go overboard, but that's the way I like my cars. I'm a gadgetologist, and want the best. If I'm spending $55K for a Volvo, I would think all those features were going to be standard. The car is a rip-off without em.

I was under the impression this whole time, a fully loaded version would be $55K at the top end with all the bells and whistles.

I read about all the features and yes I wanted em' I was very very surprised they weren't standards and the option boxes were so long.

Rocky

P.S. If you can afford it I'm sure it will be a nice vehicle. The $2800 rims were chrome, and it sets the car off. Agree it was a rip-off, but $2K won't make any difference since $55K was my limit. I'd rather buy a Acura RL and have thousands left over to blow on a chip or Supercharger/Turbo, or gas and a nice Vacation ;)
    So... buy an RL. *shrug*

The RL is smaller and has a V6, so it SHOULD be cheaper. If it fits your needs and wants, then, by all means, save the money.

The RL is smaller and has a V6, so it SHOULD be cheaper.

Well the S80, only has a unproven Yamaha V-8. Has Yamaha ever made a car engine before ? On a side note the V-6 in the RL, only lacks 21 hp. So is the $15,000 savings worth the 21 hp. deficit ? I'd say yeah. Or better yet one could wait another yr. or so and get a V-10 from Honda. Not a bad idea either. ;)

If it fits your needs and wants, then, by all means, save the money.

It does fit most of my wants and needs, but so does a few other alternatives. ;)

Like I said love the S80, but boy I was sticker shocked.I assumed the car would come fully loaded with ever option for around $54 or 55K. Boy I was dead wrong on my assumption. :(

Rocky
  • dbtdbt Posts: 298
    You ask:
    Well the S80, only has a unproven Yamaha V-8. Has Yamaha ever made a car engine before ?

Ford Taurus SHO
  • From what I read, you can get both the parking assist and the camera. Three reasons, I think, for getting both. First, if you're short and have trouble gauging the front end, the rear camera doesn't cover that. Second, I've heard that some people really never get into backing up by looking at the screen, and having the beeping to confirm that you're OK is not a bad idea. Third, sometimes if a camera or a radar sensor gets obscured, it would be nice to have the other.

Once you get used to "park assist," you feel a little lost without it, but honestly, we really should all be able to park this car without this kind of help, shouldn't we?
    Really...... :surprise: ..... I always wondering who made that dead horse. I guess I'm glad now that I can't afford a S80. Of course they do make a nice Jetski, and stereo/music equipment. ;) Maybe they are better now, than they use to be ?

Rocky
    Well the S80, only has a unproven Yamaha V-8. Has Yamaha ever made a car engine before ?

uhhh... yeah, its in the XC90. But I suppose that's technically not a "car."

So is the $15,000 savings worth the 21 hp.

In my configuration, its only $5k difference. And, as I've stated, its not JUST about the engine. Some folks obviously like to have a bigger car, too.

I always wondering who made that dead horse

huh? just because something isn't made any more does not mean it was bad. The SHO is actually a somewhat revered car (not by me, personally, but that's beside the point).

• nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    And did you add both the parking assist and parking cameras? Both are not necessary and I'd be surprised if you could even get them together.

You can get them together. It still beeps, even with the reverse camera on. Very helpful.
    thanks to you and lansdowne for clarifying that.

hell, some folks need all the help they can get. ;)

personally, i wouldn't opt for either.

Mine came to $57k.

People, this is inline with what the market offers.
    Price out a 5 series or an E class w/ the same options and see where you end up.
    NOBODY offers a V8 sedan with all these goodies for under $50k. With the std AWD I think the V8 will do very well in the cold markets.
    This is not a car for everyone, most S80's will probably be the 3.2 model.
    Like I said love the S80, but boy I was sticker shocked.I assumed the car would come fully loaded with ever option for around $54 or 55K. Boy I was dead wrong on my assumption.

You CAN get a nice S80 for that price.
    Heck, if you just want the engine and driveline you can get one under $50k.
    Just don't expect the GM desperation discount.
    Just don't expect the GM desperation discount.

oh, come now. I'm not one to defend GM, but volvo is also guilty of big-time firesales. glass houses ... ya know?

I HOPE they won't have to discount them that much ... but we'll see ... as I've said before, I didn't think they'd have to discount the R cars, and that proved wrong. Same with the new S40.

Volvo can't hold a candle to GM in the giveaway dept.