Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Sentra 2007

Comments

• Cool- a 2.0L engine. There have been some claims that this is an "all new" engine. I had a 2000 Sentra SE with a 2.0L engine. Does anyone kow where this engine was sourced from? Renault or Nissan? If it is Nissan, will the legendary SR20 be coming back?
  • Wow what a miss, The Exterior is ugly as sin, it looks almost like a collage of the Maxima and Altima that has been pieced together by a 6 year old child, The belt line is to low, and the transistions from front to side to rear are abrupt at best. It's a shame because the interior is so nice. And how do you make a car bigger and reduce front leg room, even compared to the old Sentra, say nothing about the Yaris? I have a 2005 Sentra SE and other than it being a :lemon: my next biggest complaint is that it lacks legroom, I am only 6 foot tall but any time I am in the car for more than an hour I get sore because of the driving position the lack of leg room forces me into, I wish I had noticed this before I bought the car, I realy wish I had bought something else, And the Lemon Laws are a joke I have had "minor" issues like seperating clear coat, bad seals, cracked hinges on plastic parts, power windows that will not go up or down (4 times, but since they fixed it different ways each time Nissan claims it fails to qualify for buy back under the Lemon Laws) incorrectly set camber on the front wheels so severe that the first set of tires was ruined by severe feathering within the first 3000 miles, and constant loud rattles from several spots that Nissan basicly says are normal.
  • tthotatthota Posts: 45
    Feel sorry for your bad luck. My friend has a 2003 Sentra, absolutely trouble free.
  • The 05 Sentra's have the trip computer, so that was expected to come along with the 07 Sentra's. I like the styling, it has a Altima butt and a Maxima face. I dont care for the climate controls, they look like they were just thrown together at the last minute. I have owned 4 Sentra's and plan on getting a new one when I'm finished paying off my 05 Sentra. Have always loved the reliability of all my Sentra's, and they have been so dependable! Nice job Nissan!!

A loyal Nissan owner :shades:
  • If I had 45 grand to throw around i would be driving the infinity M35, since I have to keep it under 20 grand, one has to make a lot of compromises, and from what I have seen so far the 2007 Sentra is a lot of car for the money. Now if they only offered a big 6 or small 8 under the hood it would be a perfect match. In 1965 i went to the Plymouth showroom to buy a 1965 plymouth 426 Hemi. The salesman said he wouldn't sell it to me because he didn't want it on his conscience when i wrapped the car around a tree. So he talked me into something else. Now there's an idea, put a Hemi in that new Sentra
  • clarkkentclarkkent Posts: 154
    The salesman said he wouldn't sell it to me because he didn't want it on his conscience when i wrapped the car around a tree. So he talked me into something else. Now there's an idea, put a Hemi in that new Sentra

TREES? HOW LONG AGO WAS THAT??? ;)
  • I also remember phone booths. That's where Superman would go to change.
  • myspecmyspec Posts: 1
    I'm the only one with a SER Spec-V sentra ON 20 INCH wheels. They are alluminum so they dont slow me down. Also equipped with BREMBO brake calipers. Hopefully Nissan can come up with atleast a turbo or an all wheel drive sport sentra. Most competitors are passing sentra's performance with better interrior. I still have a yellow ser on black twenties. NISSAN IS THE BEST :mad: :shades:
  • 99altima99altima Posts: 6
    I just came across the 2007 Sentra on Nissans website. I am a long time altima driver but unfortunately the one i have is dying. I can't keep up cost-wise with the newer altima or maximas and the new sentra seems to be an affordable alternative. The sentra was long overdue for a redesign. I really like the exterior and I think the tail and headlights look MUCH better than the newer altimas and maximas. I personally hate the round headlights. Anyway, I am not familiar with the new CVT transmission on this vehicle. Based on the crude diagram from the nissan website, it looks like it works with belts instead of gears. I read somewhere else that the Nissan Murano has this same transmission and people are genuinely pleased with its performance. Does anyone have experience with this type of transmission? I'm nervous about trying new things, especially when they cost >$20k.
  • claudius753claudius753 Posts: 138
    It is a weird sensation to drive a CVT. Though once rare, they are coming out in more places. The Murano, Sentra, new Altima and I think also the new Maxima will use one. Also, the Dodge Caliber, Jeep Compass, and Jeep Patriot use a CVT, as well as the Civic and Accord Hybrids and the Toyota Hybrids (Prius Highlander Camry Lexus RX400h), Ford Escape Hybrid, and Mercury Mariner Hybrid.

Basically the Continuously Variable Transmission doesn't have 4 speeds or 5 speeds but rather an infinite amount of gear ratios that it changes on the fly.

When you accelerate, the rpms will rise (how high depends on how much throttle) and stay at that level, though you are accelerating because the CVT is changing the gear ratio, keeping the engine in the optimal RPM range. Once you get up to speed, the RPMs then drop to conserve fuel. Going up hills or accelerating to pass the rpms would rise to the level needed, then drop back to a lower level when the power was no longer needed.

I'm sure if I were to drive one every day I would get used to it fairly quickly. Nissan is using them on more vehicles due to the great positive feedback they got from the unit on the Murano. The CVT held up to the more powerful engine of the Murano with AWD and a heavier vehicle to move around, so I would think the less powerful lighter Sentra would hold up excellently. Another plus of the CVT is that though the Sentra is getting a fairly powerful 4 cylinder for a compact, it will still achieve 29mpg city, 36 highway according to the EPA.
  • raychuang00raychuang00 Posts: 541
    One of the things that held back acceptance of CVT (besides being unable up till now to handle high-powered engines) was the fact some drivers disliked the "slipping clutch feel" of CVT's. Nissan's CVT supplier JATCO (which Nissan owns 80% interest ;) ) figured out how to program the operation of the CVT so you minimize this effect.
  • aladdinsanealaddinsane Posts: 182
    There's only one thing about the '07 Sentra that I think it's lacking, at least as an option: traction control.
    And yes, I DO agree: Nissan SHOULD make ABS and side air bags standard across the board.

I really like the new Sentra's interior, though. . .especially in the "luggage" tan leather.
    Wow!
    If traction control was available I would definitely consider this machine for purchase.

Peace! :)
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Just curious, why is traction control such a selling point? It barely does anything.... now, if you were talking stability control, that'd be a different story...

~alpha
  • aladdinsanealaddinsane Posts: 182
    Toyota offers a traction/stability control with the Corolla, but unfortunately models so equipped are NOT available in my neck of the woods (northeastern U.S.) -
    Ford only makes traction control available with the Focus. . .Stability control? Dream on. . .I'm not interested in Ford product, speaking for myself.
    Chrysler has the AWD Dodge Caliber, which is worth a look, with traction and stability (I believe) as an option (I'm not sure of this) with their front drive version. This will be a machine to check out, eventhough I'm NOT a Dodge person.
    GM only has traction control for its Chevy Cobalt, which I don't care for, and its upcoming Pontiac G5, which is a rebadged Cobalt coupe. These "twins" I find ok but not all that appealing.
    Honda has no tc for its Civic. . .at least not yet. 2007 models may be another story though, so it's wait and see.

I really DO like the 2007 Sentra, though. Many will disagree, calling it this or that. I don't care. I just wish there was a traction/stability control on its option list. I'd check that box! :D

Peace! :shades:
  • Does not match Honda or Toyota. I recently traded in a Nissan Altima for a Honda Fit sport. The Fit has outstanding build quality. It is made in Japan. The Sentra, as well as the Versa will be made in Mexico.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    Honda manufactures (Accord, Parts, Engines, Motorcyles) in Mexico. Toyota manufactures (Vehicles, Parts) in Mexico. Nissan manufactures (Vehicles, Parts) in Mexico.

Your implication that made in Japan is inherently higher quality than made in Mexico is lacking any supporting evidence.
    What is the purpose of posting that the Fit has great quality and the Sentra will not?
  • My implication is that Japan has much higher quality than made in Mexico. If you doubt that then buy the Sentra. I will stick with "made in Japan".
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    My implication is that Japan has much higher quality than made in Mexico. If you doubt that then buy the Sentra. I will stick with "made in Japan".

"Implication" is the only thing you have done. Where is the proof? :confuse: Doubt your implication? I rely on data, not yada yada.

Manufacturer is the most important factor determining quality, not location. There are plants with quality problems, however, they exist all over the world, including Japan.
  • jpmccormacjpmccormac Posts: 98
    I like the sliding, adjustable cup holder and hidden CD storage in the headliner. The trunk divider is a nice idea but may take up total storage space.
  • stshepardstshepard Posts: 12
    I currently own a 2004 SER Spec V, it's a great runnin' little car, it's peppy, although not out right fast, but it has dusted a few Civic's and Mazda 3's (didn't make the guy in the 3 very happy either - I guess he didn't see the SER Spec V badge!!!) I have about 70,000 miles on the car and I still love it, infact I like it more now than when I bought it, it's a keeper. it has a kind of basic greatness that so many cars these days lack. I'm "intrigued" by the 2007 Sentra, I like the look both inside and out, I think it would have been a hit if Nissan hadn't shown pictures of the new 2007 Altima! (that there is a fine looking car indeed!!) Other than a bad bearing I've had no problems, I'm hoping Nissan doesn't ruin the car by trying to build a baby luxury car. Keep is simple, keep it fun, and keep it reasonably priced. (this ain't rocket science people!!)
This discussion has been closed.