Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln MKS

Comments

• Another solution is a garage!
  • gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,419
    You think MKS owners can afford a garage?? :P
  • I mostly use the remote start on my current town car during the summer months . As I walk up to the car, I use the remote to start it. The extra 20 to 30 seconds of idle time makes a big difference for me. I expect to have cool air blowing on my face as soon as I slide into the driver's seat. I live where the summers are long, very humid and very hot. During the day, the car is parked in direct sun. Another thing, before I got the remote start, I would find that I was trying to shift out of park before the engine RPM's would come down from the starting process. Now with the remote, this is not an issue. The current remote start has a timer for ten minutes, after which it shuts off. I would still get the remote start if this time was decreased to 1.5 minutes. I very rarely use it for longer that that.
    well, any auto supply store or Farm & Fleet or Walmart can get you one if Lincoln won't.
  • I read in the business section of the Chicago Tribune that Ford may have to discontinue the LM brand in order to cut expenses for the long term if it wants to survive. .LM is going to cost more to produce vehicles then it will produce in profits if the present conditions continue . Ford is going to idle a number of its plants.Ford may have to close some of its plants for at least a year if not permanently. It looks like the MKS or MKT may be the last Lincoln model to be produced.
  • datagendatagen Posts: 107
    The 20 inch with the low profile tires does produce a little rougher ride on bumpy roads. Smooth as glass elsewhere. I have notice that the more I drive, the less roughness I have been feeling. I believe with as smooth the ride is, I need that little roughness to feel the road at times. :shades:
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    Horse hockey.
  • I read that article also.I have a Ford and LM dealership. With the LM brands being discontinued that is only rumour. Sales of LM vehicles have deteriorated before the present conditions . Yes, the present conditions have further deteriorated the sales of these brands. But Ford sales have not been that great either before this hardship. Friends who own Cadillac dealerships have heard rumours that Pontiac,GMC, Hummer, and Buick may be discontinued or have these brands sold.
  • Where are all those who are defending this latest turkey from Fo Mo Co? The Car is so popular that Ford is actually giving it away via sweepstakes.
    What the heck are you talking about?
  • When Dishnetwork airs Lincoln's employee pricing commercial there is a message at the end of the commercial where one can use the interactive feature of the satellite receiver to enter a sweepstake to win an MKS from Ford. Pretty soon Ford will probably offer at least a 8 thousand dollar discount on this jalopy.
    Why do you hate the MKS so much? Here are the November sales. It seems to be trouncing the competition other than the 5 series and E class (and it's close to the E class).

1. 5 - 2,927
    2. E - 2,264
    3. MKS - 1,958
    4. M - 1,186
    5. S80 - 844
    6. GS - 721
    7. A6/S6 - 717
    8. STS - 630
    9. RL - 234
    10. 9-5 - 111
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    the MKS is selling - you can't tell that by looking at the dealership here, but perhaps they are just very quickly replaced. They don't look like they're turning over that qjuickly..... IT's still on my list, I personally like the car, and expect to love the car if it gets the better engine soon.
  • My local dealers have tons of them and at good prices. The Cadillac dealer has cars coming out his ears, too, and so does about every other dealer in town - foreign and domestic. Comparatively speaking, the MKS is doing well.

It is a buyer's market right now but I am waiting for the Ecoboost. My LS will turn 10 years old in May and I would like to celebrate by replacing it! It has been an excellent car, though. Until the Ecoboost MKS arrives, there really isn't another Ford product that I like as well.
    The 2010 Fusion Sport looks to be a Ford product that is a good thing, if you like hp and some nimbleness over a full-size. The MKS is not really a good replacement for the LS, because it is so damn big. Really, I don't understand why you don't look at a CTS. The new one has a better interior than the MKS, is sized more like the LS, is RWD and already has a choice of engines. It has gotten nothing but accolades, and now is the time to buy one, when discounting is possible. Just a thought.
  • Yes, the 2010 Fusion, MKZ, and Milan line-up looks extremely competitive. Since the Mazda 6 has a 3.7, I wish they had used the 3.7 in the Fusion Sport and the MKZ but, regardless, significant upgrades have been made to the triplets.

As for a replacement for the LS, if I wanted the same size, nimbleness, etc., I would have bought a 2006 LS a couple of years ago at a low-ball price . I am ready for a larger, somewhat softer and more luxurious car than a CTS. The MKS suits me fine except for the current mundane engine. About the only thing I don't like about the interior is the low-rent looking console and center stack. The aftermarket has products to fix that, though.
  • I purchased a Lincoln MKS FWD with the Premium and Technical Packages and the optional Adaptive Cruise Control retailing for $45,000.What can I say about this car besides the fact that it has a luxury yet firm quiet ride. Maybe if I was planning on driving in Europe I might consider a sport sedan but on our freeways and since I don’t plan on taking my car to a drag strip I think this car fits the bill perfectly.

Why did I buy this car? Check out the bang you get for the buck.
    -the 12 position front seats adjustments, I love the high seating position which is similar
    to a SUV or mini van and give you a commanding view of the road. So much more
    comfortable on long trips then having to sit low with your legs stretched out.
    -the 8” high resolution navigation system screen (that can be adjusted on the run),
    -the Microsoft SYNC (voice recognition system) that allows you to perform many
    operations such as operating the navigation, audio, phone, media, climate, display and
    voice settings by speaking certain commands rather then being distracted by having to
    move the control knobs, buttons or touch the screen.
    -the Bluetooth feature that connects to two different cell phones and includes connection
    to both phones’ contact lists. So all you have to do is say the contact name
    using the SYNC system and it will call the number,
    -the superb THX audio system,
    -the high resolution wide angle rearview camera system,
    -the forward and reverse parking sensing system,
    -the auto high beams,
    -the adaptive headlamps that move the beams in the same direction as the steering wheel,
    -the rain sensing wiper system,
    -the dual panel moon roofs,
    -the front heating and cooling front seats,
    -the headed rear seats
    -and the wrap around lower door sills that keep your pant legs clean when you exit or
    enter your car in muddy or snowy weather,
    -the softest leather seats you can find and much-much more.
    -a surprise bonus is getting 27mpg on REGULAR gas when driving at 74mph on the
    freeway and using the Adaptive Cruise Control. The Adaptive Cruise Control is an
    option a person might not add to their purchase but something they would find is one of
    the best features in the MKS. For those not familiar with this option it is much like
    normal cruise control, only this radar based system is designed to automatically adjust
    your speed to maintain a proper distance between you and the vehicle in front of you in
    the same lane.

Compare this fully loaded luxury sedan to the other manufactures comparable models that offer similar space, similar features and then compare the price of ownership considering they all run on premium fuel. (Examples: MB E350 - $66,000+, BMW 535i - $67,000+, Caddy STS V6 - $56,000+, Infinity M35 - $56,000+ and the Lexus LS460 - $70,000+) and higher insurance rates. Next drive them before you make up your mind. Don't reject the Lincoln MKS because of what you read from people’s comments since in most cases they have never even sat in one much less driven it. As for the test drive articles in many magazines the main complaint appears to be the fact that the MKS falls short on horsepower and lacks the firmness at high speeds on winding back roads or on a track. Although it may fall a bit short in horsepower against some of its European and Japanese luxury competitors it has more torque in most cases for passing on highways or entering a freeway. To me this is more significant then pickup from a stop light. Though it might lean more at high speed on winding roads you can’t complain about its ride at sensible speeds on all types of roads.
  • datagendatagen Posts: 107
    You sum it up much better than I ever could sardone. I love my AWD version as well with the gas mileage surprisingly close to yours.
  • For the price of this vehicle it should perform as well as other vehicles in its category. Is it a vehicle that could be sold and exported to other markets. Otherwise is it a world class vehicle? Ford has relegated the Lincoln brand to be a niche vehicle for the North American continent. Before purchasing this vehicle one should test drive an Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Infiniti and Lexus and Cadillac There are vehicles that these marks have that are in the same price range and yet the performance and workmanship of these vehicle are superior to the MKS. Lincoln had a chance to do something really stupendous with this car but they decided to use an outdated modified Volvo platform for this vehicle. Even Lexus is going toward the performance market with its IS-F.As one auto analyst said on CNBC when the hearings for the auto- maker bailouts were taking place, "only GM with its CTS and Corvette and possibly the Camaro are candidates for exports to other markets and Ford has nothing to export to other markets" That is not very reassuring since we are in a global market when new markets are essential to increase the profits of large manufacturing companies. Another thing is how long Lincoln will be here since Ford has decided to discontinue the Sable. I believe that Ford is slowly going to discontinue the Mercury brand. Could Lincoln also go into history? If it should go under, it had a chance to go out with a bang as Packard did with its Caribbean before it was an expensive Studebaker. Instead the MKS is just another ordinary make with nothing to differentiate it from lesser cars especially when a Nissan Maxima out performs it in every category.
    Where does Ford need to export? They already do quite well in Europe, South America and Australia.

They did the best they could given the platform limitations. It's not where they want to take Lincoln - Mulally already said so - but it takes a lot of cash for new platforms and they can't afford that right now.

There is NO import car that competes with the MKS in the same size and price point. For the same price you get a smaller vehicle with less features. For the same size and features you'll pay at least $10K more.

It's a well executed vehicle with only a few minor complaints - gauges and center stack come to mind.

They'll get there - but it will take a few more years.