Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln MKS

Comments

• nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I've never understood the notion of car company's not having the aspirations to be #1 in power and performance, or at least be more than just competitive.

They should let you RUN GM, Rocky, not just work there.... You get it! :surprise:
  • heyjewelheyjewel Posts: 1,046
    Well ...

there are some blogs and at least one dealer now saying that the V8 information we just read is based on 6 month old literature that Ford mistakenly redistributed.

Apparently we're back to no V8 in the MKS.

Go here for the sad news:
    http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/07/lincoln-mks-to-get-a-v8-after-all/

Geez, the Keystone Cops used to drive Fords, now they make em!
  • Complete Bozos.
    Rocky works? At GM??? ANd he's here drooling over the MKS?

If I got a GM discount I would be saving my pop cans for the new CTS. Here's a link to a drawing and peek or 2. If this thing has a nice interior and offers a 6speed manual with the 3.6L V6, I think I've found the replacement for my Getrag LS. Though I am hoping the illustration is exaggerating the 'cow-catcher' front end.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/08/2008-cadillac-cts-to-debut-at-detroit-auto-sh- - - ow/

Interesting quote:
    "There are roughly 275,000 CTS owners worldwide, and industry researchers say they are among the most satisfied in the automotive market. AutoPacific rated CTS as the top Entry Luxury Car in its annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards in 2006."
    Here I go replying to myself again, but I gotta say - I was just over at the '2008 CTS' discussion board and darned if our own local billionaire, rockylee, aint over there swearin on a stack-o-bibles that he's gettin himself a CTS. Unless he gets a Denali. Hoo-ha, too much.
  • rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
    nvbanker, thank-you. :) I'll hire you as my assistant. ;)

Rocky
    heyjewel, I don't work for GM, but most of my family does/has in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Rocky
    If you had read most of my posts you would of seen I like these cars and anyone of them could end up in my garage. heyjewel I'm subject to change and day or any week. But currently my short-list which has stayed pretty consistent over the last few months includes: Top-11

#1 desired car on my short-list is the 2008-2009 Cadillac CTS or CTS-V.

#2 2008-09' or as you say 2010? Lincoln MKS AWD.

not any order of desirability

#3 (2007' or 08' GMC Sierra Denali hybrid-will have test drive and see what gadgets is on it)

#4 2008-2010 Saab 9-5 sedan or 9-3 convertible,

#5 2008' Cadillac Escalade SUV hybrid.

#6 2008-2009 Holden-Pontiac Grand Prix w/ LS-7 V-8

#7 09' Chevy Camaro

#8 a if built Volvo C-70 "R" high-performance convertible

#9 2007' Volvo S80

#10 Buick Enclave

#11 Lincoln MKZ AWD w/ 3.7 V-6? and over 300 hp.

The car I'd buy without a doubt if built tomorrow would be the 04' Buick Velite Concept Convertible :shades:

So yeah my list is long but I being a car buff have pretty broad tastes and can go many different ways depending on what used cars I buy in the next month and how expensive my next home I'm going to buy will be.

LOL, I'm very far from a billionaire, but do consider myself better off than most americans. I also don't recall stack o' bibles' anything on the CTS-V, but it is at the very top of my list because I do get a GM employee discount from my father which helps make it easier to swallow a GM pill. ;)

Thanx for the post and I hope I don't offend you by replying to it. I don't want you to dislike me and I don't have any hard feelings torwards you.

-Back to your regular scheduled programming.-

Rocky
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,914
    You add a lot of fun to these Forums, rocky, so I doubt that anyone is offended by you :)

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• You put the Saab 9-5 over the Volvo S80?!? :surprise:

But, it's the 2008 Saab versus the 2007 Volvo. Is Saab making some changes to the 9-5?

Sorry, back to LincolnLand.
    Offended? No. Frustrated? Yes.

It's a free website I guess but most of us here have an idea what's going on and can read and interpret written words and write with reasonable clarity and grammar. Rocky though seems to be living in his own auto zone, unwilling to accept facts, wishing and hoping for vehicles made of unobtanium, bragging here and there across different boards about which (always expensive) cars he will soon be putting in his garage. See for example his post above where he describes his "SHORT" list of 11 cars he wants to buy, NONE of which EXIST now and many of hich will NEVER exist. Exactly where does this get our conversation? Perhaps I should add my list of 11 babes I really want, like 1) Nicole Kidman, 2) Sally Field, 3) Nancy Pelosi, ... (just seein if you're awake with that #3)

Fun? I guess we all have our own definition of that. To me, his posts are a waste of time and bandwidth.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,740
    unwilling to accept facts, wishing and hoping for vehicles made of unobtanium

Hmmm....sounds like someone else I know..... ;)
    Thanks for your support, Allen.

Where's your comments on the "Now it's NO V8 again" for the S?

PS: DEW98 is aluminum, not unobtanium.
  • I for one appreciate Rocky's optimism. These boards, including yours truly, need a little more of that.
    I speculated that it was old press material. I still think the TT V6 is a better way to go right now for this vehicle.

I also think Lincoln needs a RWD V8 flagship. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
  • Growing up in the desert, snow was never a problem, so I never learned to drive in it. RWD was fine. Then, after moving and having an incident in my RWD Volvo, I became a believer in FWD - it's better to pull a string than push one. I also grew up and became car aware in the late 1970s, when GM was touting the benefits of FWD - no drive tunnel, more interior space, better traction.

Now, however, after going back to RWD and my Lincoln LS, I have to agree it makes for a much more fun driving experience, and with caution and traction control, the occasional snow isn't an issue. At least is hasn't been yet.

I have to throw my lot in with the RWD afficianados. RWD does seem to be the way to go for fun driving dynamics.
    Well kirstie, you found "one" that doesn't like my optimism, and etc. I suppose I can't please everyone even though I try. :)

I suppose I feel more comfortable and find it more enjoyable sometimes being more optomistic about a car and company than what I see happening to our country.

I really appreciate your support and you always got mine. :blush:

Kirstie, do you have any plans to take a MKS or MKZ for a test run ?

Rocky
    You put the Saab 9-5 over the Volvo S80?!?

If you noticed I posted a "not any order" for 3-11. ;) I've only seen sketches of the new 08' Saab 9-5

But, it's the 2008 Saab versus the 2007 Volvo. Is Saab making some changes to the 9-5?

Yes Saab, like Lincoln, is making some major changes over the next couple of years. A all-new 08' 9-5 with Aero X design cues and the new 9-3 should be out a yr. later so I read. :)

I am very interested if the Yamaha V-8 rumor is true. I personally like some of you would wish they'd just use the 3.7 Twin-Turbo V-6 on the MKS, and leave the Yamaha on the shelf.

Rocky
    Rocky - the V8 is dead. That was some old press release that they didn't update. You'll still get the TT V6, just not sure when.
    heyjewel,

I guess I never knew how much I "Tick" you off. I honestly don't try to on purpose.

I guess expensive is defined by what can afford ? I like cars alot and would rather own one very nice car vs. having toys like a motorcycle, Jetski, new boat, 4-wheeler, etc (you get the picture) like others. Most of my friends would rather own a regular car and have the toys. I within 2 years guarantee will own a new car. How expensive will be determined by what future decisions I make. My relocation to Amarillo, next year and how much I and the wife want to spend on a house is a factor. If I stayed where I'm at I could afford a Cadillac Escalade hybrid. I still might buy one because my wife has about 1 1/2 yrs. worth of college left. So that is one reason why I'm looking more into the future than the current. I also won some money in a lawsuit which has allowed me to look at more upscale autos.

The Volvo C-70 "R" and Buick Velite, are about the only 2 that might not see production. Everything else has already been spoken about in future plans.

Well sorry I frusterate you.

Rocky
    Thanks displacedtexan, I appreciate most like my opinions. Whether right, wrong, or different, I try my best to be factual most of the time. I sometimes get to optomistic, I admit. I guess I want to believe the domestics still have a fighting chance to live and hopefully someday in my lifetime they will prosper once again in this country. :)

I guess that is where most of my optomism comes from because Ford, like GM, Chrysler, support alot of good jobs and have built many good community's across this great country. Lincoln, is just one example of how you can go from ashy to classy. :)

Rocky
    I also think Lincoln needs a RWD V8 flagship. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I 100% agree. God only knows why the Lincoln Continental, concept hasn't already been slated for production ? A powerful premium V-8 would suit that car nicely. It could be the RWD Deville/DTS, that Cadillac is yet to build. ;)

I speculated that it was old press material. I still think the TT V6 is a better way to go right now for this vehicle.

Boy, I hope you are really right on this one. :)

Rocky
    displacedtexan,

I think you are absolutely correct. Technology like all-speed traction control, stability systems, etc have allowed the negatives of RWD to be significantly reduced. :) I OTOH have always been a fan of AWD, especially when combined with 4-wheel steering. I hope someday 4WS, makes a comback. Infiniti, to the best of my knowledge is the only brand that has 4WS. :sick:

Rocky
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,914
    I don't imagine that I'll be taking any Buicks for a test run, Rocky. They're really not my bag... I'm in mid-life crisismobile mode, and they just don't fit the bill. Not saying they're bad vehicles, just not for me.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

"I don't imagine that I'll be taking any Buicks for a test run, Rocky"

Er, ahem, Kirstie, we're talking about Lincolns here, not Buicks. Even I understood Rocky on that one. Get in the game will ya? :>)

PS - aren't Buicks supposed to be the perfect mid-life crisismobile anyway?
    Well, in Rocky's spirit of "Optimism", the next vehicle I will buy is the soon to be announced Lincoln Emm Kay EEE Emm, which stands for the 'EverythingMobile'. It will have 4x4 with low range, hold 100 cuft of cargo, be a harttop convertible, go 0-60 in 5 secs and get 100 mpg on regular gas.

Yep, maybe in 2008 or 2009, eh? I'm pretty optimistic about it. Nicole Kidman will come as an option.
  • gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,423
    heyjewel, you are like a dog with a bone on any topic where anyone opposes your view, and you seem to spout far more right wing than left wing propaganda...

Nonetheless, I have to hand it to ya: you are bright, informed on an impressive range of subjects, fearless, and LOL funny when you want to be. Great post!
    gregg_vw;

Thanks. I think! :>) Happy Veteran's Day.
  • PS - aren't Buicks supposed to be the perfect mid-life crisismobile anyway?

No, Buicks are for the golden years. Mid-life crisismobiles are two seater, mega HP, and bright red.
    kirstie,

I can understand. :)

Rocky