Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda5 Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• dv8tordv8tor Posts: 23
    Hi Car_man,
    Do you have the 2009 lease factors on this yet?
    Price is $22,781.00
    Southern Cali.
    Looking for lease factors for 3 and 4 years.
    Thanks,
    DV8Tor
  • dv8tordv8tor Posts: 23
    I forgot I'm leaning at 12k/yr, but it would be nice to compare 15k/yr if the info is available.
    Thanks
    DV8Tor
  • imetalimetal Posts: 4
    It seems that:

MAC or any other mfr financing's lease specials are typically only for the base model.

So to get a mfr lease on a car with leather & sunroof, you have to step up to a level where those features are pretty much standard, like Acura or BMW.

Otherwise, you'll be paying about the same for a $22k Mazda5 GT (if leased through a bank) as you will for a $35k BMW 328 (through BMW).

Please correct me if I'm way off...
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi dv8tor. Mazda has published lease programs for a number of 2009 models, but I haven't seen anything for the '09 Mazda5 yet. In fact, it does not appear to have any lease support on the '08 Mazda5 either. This means that if you want to lease one you would have to do so through Mazda Credit using its standard lease program, which is not a good idea because it's reeeeeeally bad, or through an independent bank if there are any out there that are still offering leases on this model.

You can always finance (not lease) a Mazda5 through Mazda Credit at 0% for 3 years if you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Looking at $21650 with $0 down, and the current Mazda offer: 36 mos, 0.00134 MF, and 50% Residual on 36k.

Sound reasonable, or should I push for better?
  • I recently turned in a Mazda 5 and was billed $1,500.00 plus for two OEM steel cast wheels by a company called DataScan.

Do not lease unless you feel confident the car will look as good as it does on day one when you take delivery as it will when you turn it in. All the factors in the world will not make a difference.

The cost of the wheels is almost equal to 20% of the wholesale value of the vehicle. I ahve filed a complaint with the state attorney general.

Leased from Scott Mazda in Allentown, PA :lemon:
  • robbygrobbyg Posts: 42
    Hi Car_man, not sure if you are monitoring this forum but wanted to see if you can provide the November mf and residual for a 2009 and 2010 Mazda5 Touring edition for 12k and 36 mos. I'm in the Los Angeles area.

Thanks!
  • Oh yes, robbyg, I am everywhere ;) .

Here's the information that you're looking for. Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda5 Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00192 and 46%, respectively.

Mazda is not offering lease support on 2009 models any longer.

Car_man
    Host
  • robbygrobbyg Posts: 42
    Thanks Car_man for the info.. they aren't making this too attractive to lease I see. When you get a chance can you head over to the Honda Odyssey Lease and Toyota Sienna Lease forums, I posted a question there for you in each of them.

Cheers! :)
  • You're welcome, robbyg. I'll see you in those other discussions.

Car_man
    Host
  • stillageekstillageek Posts: 101
    edited January 2011
    I'm on my second lease. My first was a 2005 Acura TSX from US Bank. It was a 3yr 45K mile lease. At 32 months in I traded it in (with just 33K miles) to lease a 2008 Mazda5 from Mazda American Credit. There were no issues as I was $800 positive in the Acura at trade in.

I'm 33 months into the Mazda5 lease. Last week I bought a Toyota Prius (couldn't pass up the deal at $2500 off MSRP + 0% interest!). Traded in my Mazda 5 I thought all was fine.

Rewind just a tad. I got an offer for the Mazda from Carmax for even money. Carmax backed out when they heard it was a lease from Mazda American Credit. Carmax stated they got burned when they had a car for a YEAR because Mazda would not accept payment.

My dealer said they could handle it so I traded my Mazda5 in with them. Today I get a call from the Toyota dealer. Mazda won't let them payoff my car! My dealer stated that I will have to meet them at my Mazda dealer and they will supply CASH (Mazda won't take a check from the dealer) for me to buy my old Mazda5. I will then retrade in my Mazda5 for my Prius.

Has anyone heard of this before ? There were zero issues trading in my TSX lease. I (nor my Toyota dealer) have ever heard of these loopholes.
  • The deal is done. Bizarre by far.
    I had to return to my Toyota Dealer and resign paperwork reflecting the sales tax added on to the Mazda5 trade in.
    I was then driven 20 miles to the Mazda dealer. A Toyota dealer rep drove me.
    He had a cashiers check FROM ME to the Mazda dealer for the deal.
    I then "bought" my Mazda from the dealer. The Mazda dealer said there are several customers and dealers who are surprised by the loopholes. I am glad this is done. If I lease another Mazda it will NOT be through Mazda American Credit.
  • cevcev Posts: 2
    Hi, I am currently coming to the end of the lease on a M5 and would like to purchase it for the purchase option price. I am ok with paying all official fees and taxes, but the dealer is tagging on a $695 dealer fee which is not in the contract. Has anyone had to pay the fee...I understand the dealer has to make something on it, but it my contract does not state that it has to come out of my pocket....thanks is advance for your comments!
  • eykeyk Posts: 3
    edited May 2011
    Anyone know mf and residual for Mazda5 Grand Touring 36-month leases / 12,000 miles? Thanks
    Hi eyk. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda5 Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00211 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dusnambridusnambri Posts: 1
    I was at dealership today and i was totally shocked because of the lease price of Mazda5 which the rap told me. it was $399 with 10,000 miles sign and drive.Is it reasonable for that car???? Hay car man , do u know any deal on Mazda5, Cx9. Or any 6 or more seater in NY area?????
    Hi dusnambri. I can tell you what Mazda is advertising on this vehicle right now. I've seen it touting a 2012 Mazda5 Sport for $267 per month for 36 months with $2,000 down. This is a 12,000 mile per year lease on a vehicle that has an MSRP of $20,990.

I can work up a sample payment on the exact model that you are interested in if you provide me with its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You can find this data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Carman,

Can you tell me the residual and the money factor for the Maza Miata MX5 Grand Touring and MX5 sport, Automatic transmission?
    Also, do you know of any good deals for this car? Thank you for any help you can give me!
  • Hi luvtolaf. Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 MX Grand Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00151 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 MX5 Sport are .00151 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you very much Carman! Much appreciated.
  • You're welcome luvtolaf. Good luck.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man, would you happen to know what the residual value of a 2010 Mazda5 Sport on a 2yr lease would be? I'm looking at purchasing a Certified Pre-owned 2010 Mazda5 and the dealership prices them all at $13,999. All the vehicles are fleet rentals and all have approximately 35k-40k miles.

I'm assuming that if I knew the residual value I could calculate what a fair resale value would be. Of course, being a fleet rental, many of these cars see above average abuse which lowers the value in my estimate.

Thanks,
    Tom
  • Hi Tom. Unfortunately, given the lack of popularity I don't personally follow the details of manufacturers' CPO lease programs. Sorry that I couldn't be of more help.

Car_man
    Host
  • danny14danny14 Posts: 12
    I'd like to find out the residuals and money factors for 36k miles, 3-year automatic Mazda5 Sport, Touring and GT. Please, let me know if there's a special offer on any of these models that is applicable to leases - I believe that there's currently $1,000 dealer cash but not sure if it can be applied to leases. I'm also eligible for Mazda's S Plan and it states the following: "Top-level dealer engagement or stair-step programs should be deducted from the base S-Plan price" - do you know what would these be for the vehicles in question. I'll be making the purchase in Northern Virginia/Washington DC metro area. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Here's the information that you're looking for danny14. Mazda's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda5 Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00054 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factors for the Touring and GT are the same, but their residual values are both 43%.

I am aware of the $1,000 dealer cash, however I do not believe that it can be used on leases.

I don't think that Mazda is currently running a stair-step program on this model.

Car_man
    Host

Car_man
    Host
  • danny14danny14 Posts: 12
    Car_man could you please referesh the residual and money factor for 3-year, 36k miles for 2012 5 GT. I'd appreciate if you could provide all additional incentives appplicable as well. Thanks in advance
    Hello danny14. Mazda's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda5 GT with 12,000 miles per year are .00054 and 43%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't believe that Mazda is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
2»