Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo 740 electrical gremlin help

2»

Comments

• so where the electrical connects are on the injectors?
  • mondobachmondobach Posts: 2
    Hello, I'm having the same sort of issues with my 1990 740GLE wagon. I have just had both fuel pumps replaced but still seem to be having the same issue. Did you ever get a response or find a resolution to this issue? I'd appreciate any help you can give me!
  • mondobachmondobach Posts: 2
    I'm hoping someone out there might be able to offer some help. I have a 1990 740 GLE wagon which I bought with about 91K miles on it a few years ago. It has intermittently had acceleration issues which have now worsened. I noticed that when I let the gas tank run down to about 1/4 I could hear the fuel pump under the drivers seat working erratically. As I result I always tried to keep the tank at least half full.

While driving to get gas one night at about 30-40 MPH the car suddenly had no power...someone else in a post here stated the same problem by saying it was as if the accelerator had been suddenly disconnected. I rolled to the side of the road when it finally stalled. However, it immediately started up again and I was able to get to the gas station, fill up, and get home without further problem.

This same thing has now happened a few times even with a 3/4 to full tank. My mechanic replaced both fuel pumps but I am still having the problem.

The car will also sometimes not start. Usually when I turn the key to "on" I can hear the fuel pump activate. However, I have noticed that on the occasions that it doesn't start, I cannot hear the pump come on. I turn the key on and off a few times until I hear the pump activate and then it turns over just fine.

So, my question is, what might it be that is not telling the fuel pump to come on when the car is started and could this same thing also be telling the pump to quit while the car is moving?

I would greatly appreciate any guidance that anyone might be able to give to me!
  • bydebyde Posts: 1
    I have a 1990 Volvo wagon 740 base. I left work car started fine stooped at gas station and come out and go to start car and nothing power but nothing happening at starter power going to starter but nothing anyone have any ideas this is my only car and have a trip planed in couple weeks. Thanks
2»