Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Hybrid

Comments

• The new 2007 Camry is a great improvement with Avalon's V6 (268 hp) and a six speed auto. Being several hundred pounds lighter than the Avalon and having an extra gear, why isn't the Camry even faster than the Avalon and get even better mileage? Hopefully with a sixth gear it has a lower rpm at sixty than the 5-speed Avalon.
    Good job Toyota. Honda will have their work cut out for them with their new Accord in 2008.
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,788
    "The new 2007 Camry is a great improvement with Avalon's V6 (268 hp) and a six speed auto. Being several hundred pounds lighter than the Avalon and having an extra gear, why isn't the Camry even faster than the Avalon and get even better mileage? Hopefully with a sixth gear it has a lower rpm at sixty than the 5-speed Avalon.
    Good job Toyota. Honda will have their work cut out for them with their new Accord in 2008."

Ummm, no doubt, but what does this have to do with hybrids?
  • lanceqlanceq Posts: 16
    I have some questions for you the Camry Hybrid gurus:

1) Any update on the possibility of getting a tax credit on the initial hybrid offerings?

2) Any ideas of the purported new exterior colors that will be offered.

3) Have any of you negotiated any solid contracts to purchase. I would consider a valid contract would be a “out the door price + tags and title” based on invoice plus say $1500 or so. Colors and options could be selected when available.

Thanks so much.
    lance
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    1.) If they do come out in late 2nd qtr and you take one then they for sure you will get the tax credit assuming that you are entitled to it. see your tax advisor.

2.) Almost all of them have been shown already.
    White,black, silver, gold, barcelona red, silver pine mica, nautical blue, blue mirage? ( Avy color ), one more maybe.

3.) Dont count on any discount on the TCH's. Initially there will be only 2-3 per store. Think Prius more than Camry. 2-5 month waiting list likely at sticker. Above sticker in certain areas. SoCal? So FLA.
  • lanceqlanceq Posts: 16
    1) I hope you are right and the toyota 60,000 Hybrid tax unit allocations is not used up by that time.

2) I was under the impressions that the Hybrids would come out with some different color combinations. I don't know.

3) Yes I agree that with 2-3 per dealer, the purchase will be tough without paying a premium. Good luck to everyone.

lance
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,788
    "1.) If they do come out in late 2nd qtr and you take one then they for sure you will get the tax credit assuming that you are entitled to it. see your tax advisor."

Only if you can actually purchase one - depends on availability. I expect that Toyota will sell it's 60K vehicles by June 30, which means the full tax credit would only go until September 30. If Toyota is smart, they won't sell that 60,001st vehicle until July 1; then their customers will get the full deduction for this entire year!
    Very true,
    Estimates:
    Prius' sell about 8000 / mo
    400h / HH sell about 5000 / mo

If sales continue at'normal levels then 60000 should be reached in May... just before the Camry comes out. You're right if the sales drag out for another 45 days then the credit will last all year.
  • jrock65jrock65 Posts: 1,371
    Don't forget that the GS450h is coming out soon, although it won't sell in volume. But it may be the difference in pushing Toyota over the 60k mark.
  • Just came from the Toronto Autoshow today. The new Camry and FJ Cruiser would make a pretty awesome garage in my book. Stylish, quality, reliability, resale and functional. In my book that is the ultimate garage. I don't need a Lambo. What a fantastic job TOYOTA, you have to check them out.

Now which one first????? The Cruiser or the Camry?
  • deweydewey Posts: 5,243
    I am quite amazed that this forum is focused on anything but the hybrid Camry.

If this forum is an indicator to future demand for the hybrid Camry, then I do see dark clouds ahead for hybrid Camry sales.

Indifference seems to be the prevailing theme in this fourm. Is there anybody out here with a actual view of the Camry hybrid (good or bad)?
    I think it's a little early yet, Dewey. Since very few have seen the new style upclose and personal yet there isnt much yet.

The new RAV began slowly and the reactions, now that people have actually driven it, are universally positive and actually most stores are sold out or have very few.

People have to see them and touch them and drive them in person for there to be a sizzle. Initially there will only be about 2 per store per month so they will appeal to a few 'early adopters' until word begins to spread.
  • deweydewey Posts: 5,243
    You may be right, but I do recall all the enthusiasm and dissent in the hybrid Accord and Prius 2 forums before these two models were introduced for sale.
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,850
    People have to see them and touch them and drive them in person for there to be a sizzle.

I agree with you. I would never even consider a car until I test drove one. As long as Toyota plays their game of hide and seek with hybrids, it will be difficult for mainstream buyers to consider them. Hybrids will be niche vehicles for the "just gotta have the latest" buyers.
  • wstevecwstevec Posts: 126
    Hi, has anyone seen any pricing information for the 2007 Camry Hybrid?
    Prolly not until just before it debuts in June. The pricing on Toyota's usually comes a week or so before the vehicles arrive.
  • wstevecwstevec Posts: 126
    Thanks, does anyone have the pricing on the Gas powered 2007 Camry? I think the 2007 are starting to arrive at dealers now so there might be some info out there and perhaps we can just add $5000 for the Hybrid.
    Pretty close guesstimates;

4 cylinder models
    CE $20500
    LE $22000
    XLE $24000
    SE $23500

V6 models
    LE $24000
    XLE $28000
    SE $25500

Hybrid 4c???
    $26500 - 30500 depending on equipment
  • beantownbeantown Posts: 228
    Those numbers are all at least $1,500 above their 2006 counterparts (some, like the XLE V6, are almost $3,000 over their 2006 counterparts). Toyota won't do that. They'll keep them within $500 of the current models. Check out the prices on toyota.com now and then add $500-$750 at the most and you'll have a better gauge of what they'll probably look like.

Expect the Hybrid to start in the low $20s and cap out well below $30K. They already said they were looking to price it below the XLE.
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    Bob, the 2007 Camry colors do not include Blue Mirage nor Nautical Blue. Check out the toyota.jp website. We are getting those colors but not the pearl white. Hybrid I believe will only be available in the Silver pine, Desert sand, and maybe two or three other colors.
    Mackabee