Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Miata Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,090
Please ask your Mazda Miata leasing questions here.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Comments

• I am all new to Leasing. I was wondering if 999 down and 299 am onth + fees and taxes is a fair deal on an '06 mx-5 sport. Please help. What should i look closely at.
  • Welcome sourboy0811. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

As far as the specific deal that you mentioned goes, you never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • we are looking to lease a Miata Grand Touring.
    Dealer says the MF is .00295 for 39 mo./15K yr.
    Is he correct? Also, are they give rebates?
    thanks.
  • Hey honeybun1. Yes, the dealer that you spoke with told you the truth. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Miata is .00295.

Car_man
    Host
  • asleepyasleepy Posts: 70
    Does anyone know the current Mazda Credi'ts buy rate lease money factor for a Miata? The residual? And lastly, what is the allowable dealer buy rate mark up?

thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi asleepy. The lease program for this car varies depending upon how long you lease it for, how manu miles per year you are allowed to drive it, and the exact trim level that you get. For now, I am going to assume that you are interested in a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a Miata Sport. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Mazda Miata Sport through its captive finance company right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00197 and 56%, respectively. I don't know how much Mazda dealers are allowed to mark this factor up, but since you know what it should be you shouldn't let the dealer that you lease from mark yours up at all.

Car_man
    Host
  • topspin628topspin628 Posts: 373
    I am also shopping for a miata and was told that the residual on a 36 mo. lease is 52%.
    I was told that an invoice deal with the 500 dealer incentive given to me for a GT with Premium package 1, 10.5K miles per year and tax in payment (8.25) would cost me 391 per month. They said that they wouldn't waive the 300 advt fee, so I would have to pay that as part of price for car.
    (First and security due at pick up)

Is that in line?
  • jnuzzijnuzzi Posts: 39
    Hey Car_man, could you tell me the buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2006 Miata Touring (Automatic) for 36 months and 12,000 miles per year?
  • fourustonefourustone Posts: 1
    I am shopping for a 2006 Miata GT (auto) with premium package, 36 month lease, 15,000 miles, 500 dealer incentive. Could you tell me what the lease money factor and residual value (%) is for this car? And is the residual value a percentage of the gross cost, gross cost+tax, cap cost, etc?
  • jnuzzijnuzzi Posts: 39
    Is there anybody out there?
  • epiechepiech Posts: 7
    Hello Car_Man; I would like to know the October money factor(s) and residuals for both the 2006 and 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miatas’(the dealers in Utah have a mixture of both). I am particularly interested in the numbers for 36 months and 12K miles.

If possible, I would also like to know if the numbers for the new 2007 retractable hardtop are different from the 2007 soft top.

Thank you Car_Man.
  • Hello epiech. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease 2007 MX-5 with 12,000 miles per year are .00197 and 62%, respectively regardless of what sort of top it has. Plus, Mazda is currently providing $500 lease cash on this car. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating its capitalized cost. Mazda is no longer leasing the 2006 MX-5 through its captive finance company.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease 2007 MX-5 with 12,000 miles per year are .00197 and 62%, respectively regardless of what sort of top it has.

not so fast....what model Miata is this? the 62% is only correct for the sport and GT @ 12k. Others have different residuals. Also, I have a rate factor of .00251 for all models tier 0-1. The hardtop uses mazda's standard rates.
  • Car_man: What is the current (Dec. 06) money rate and residual for an 07 Miata Grand Touring on a 36 and a 39 month 12k miles/year lease?

Thanks
  • Thought of something else I wanted to ask. Is there any difference going with the PRHT? If so what are those numbers?

Thanks again.
  • Greetings maddogmurphy. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of the 2007 Mazda Miata Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00212 and 57%, respectively. I do not believe that Mazda is offering a 36 month lease on this car at this time. When negotiating your lease on it, make sure to take the $500 lease cash that Mazda is currently providing on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi again maddogmurphy. I believe that the money factor for the PRHT version of this car is the same, but that its residual value is 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • waydewayde Posts: 198
    do you have these for March (or April when it gets here)?
    thanks.
    I do have the April numbers, wayde, and I would be happy to share them with you. Mazda's lease program for the 2007 Miata varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease of this car with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Miata with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ec99ec99 Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man, could you supply the money factor and residual value for an '07 PRHT for 24 months and 12k miles per year?

Hi ec99. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a normal 2007 Mazda MX-5 with 12,000 miles per year are .00136 and 67%. Having said this, I do not believe that this special lease program is available on PRHT models. In fact, if I am not mistaken Mazda is not providing any support on the PRHT Miata. Sorry that I don't have better news for you. You definitely should check with a couple of dealers to make sure that this is the case.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    Your correct...the std. lease rates apply to the hardtop. This makes the lease payments a bit lofty.
  • wsm1969wsm1969 Posts: 1
    I was hoping to find out money factors & residuals for

Mx-5 touring for 24 through 36 months 12k

&

Mazda speed 3 sport model for 24 through 36 months 12k

I did see Mazda had some specials on mx-5 sport model
    in my area (17055 zip) but none of the local dealers
    have any sport models to sell, just a few touring models
    left.

any help would be great - Thanks
  • paulhuangpaulhuang Posts: 63
    Hello,
    I was wondering if someone might be able to give me some details on the MX-5 Miata lease deals available.

I am interested in a manual transmission with the soft top. The trim level depends on the answers to my questions.

Some of my specific questions are:
    1. What are money factor and residual % numbers. Are they the same for Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring? I noticed Edmunds has all three trims listed while Mazda's website only lists the Sport.

2. What is the assumed purchase price? I have access to Ford's X-Plan (I think it's called S-Plan for Mazda). Would this further lower the payments?

3. Do I have to put a down payment down on this lease? I am interested in doing this with 0 down and accept the higher payments.

Thank you very much for your help!
    Paul
    Here's the info that you're looking for, wsm1969. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 MX-5 Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00129 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00158 and 57%. For some reason, I haven't seen the lease program for the Mazdaspeed3 recently, so I can't help you out there. Sorry.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi paulhuang. The MX-5's lease program is the same for all of the trim levels that you mentioned. Its lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Mazda Credit's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the '07 MX-5 are .00158 and 55%, respectively.

The fact that you qualify for Ford's X-Plan assures that you will be given an attractive selling price for this car. Chances are that your lease payment for an X-Plan deal will be lower than what you would have been able to negotiate if you had just walked in off of the street.

Consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. All you will have to pay at lease signing are your car's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, Mazda Credit's acquisition fee (I believe that this is $475), and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • paulhuangpaulhuang Posts: 63
    Thank you very much Car_man.
  • kestrellkestrell Posts: 1
    CAR-MAN, thanks for the information. I almost took what I thought was a good deal until I read your post. I had my sales guy talked down to $25,600 on an MX-5 GT w/prem pkg 2 & susp. pkg. My credit is very good so I should be good for a top tier rating, and the money factor I was getting was .002067. A far cry from .00158. With $2,965 down a 3yr 15k per year lease was around $350 at their rate. With the better rate it is $25 to $30 lower. I'm holding out for the better deal; or am I being unrealistic?
  • where is the "s" sensor? i'm getting 4 flashes of the air bag light.

dilger
  • Hi dilger. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you have been having with your Miata. I don't think that you will have much luck finding an answer to your question here. This particular discussion is for community members to talk about leasing this car. You may have better luck getting an answer to your question by posting it in the "Mazda MX-5 Miata (2005 and earlier)" discussion. Also, try looking around in the "Mazda Miata Problems and Solutions" discussion. It is currently read only, but it has a lot of good information on the Miata in it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum