Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Ridgeline Real World MPG Numbers

muggzmuggz Posts: 2
What are some of the MPG #'s that some of you are experiencing?

Comments

• gearhead1gearhead1 Posts: 408
    I'm getting between 19 and 21 mpg consistently. I've achieved greater than 22mpg, but I'll throw that high number out. I'm happy when I break 20 mpg. It's what I expected and I'm happy with it.

If you live in bumper to bumper traffic in LA, you won't be happy.
  • beanctrbeanctr Posts: 99
    21.5 MPG on an all highway trip of 400 miles (just under 1,000 miles total on the odometer currently).
  • Can anyone tell me if there is a MPG readout on the trip computer that comes with the nav system?
  • 5553543255535432 Posts: 150
    Best mileage 18.5 mpg.

Worst 14 mpg.

Average, with Maryland not so bad traffic, 17 mpg.

I have 15,256 miles on my blue Ridgeline
    Can anyone tell me if there is a MPG readout on the trip computer that comes with the nav system?

No there isn't.
  • Does the fact that the Ridgeline's rear window does not have a rear defroster impose any driving hazards? Please respond as how you deal with this situation. Thanks
    Seagreen1@cox.net
  • Maybe be a duplicate message - Does the fact that the Redgline does not have a rear defroster pose a problem? How do you handle this situation. Please advise potential owner; seagreen1@cox.net
  • riposteriposte Posts: 160
    And your question has what do do with gas mileage?
  • thebillthebill Posts: 194
    I had 22 highway.

19ish city so far
  • gugimanngugimann Posts: 11
    i found a way to get better gas mileage, i've been reading other forums and some people say that if u get the cover for the trunk, then you will get better mileage, rite now i dont have it and my best mileage was 22, my worst was 13.5, i have about 6000 miles on it now and its great
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Posts: 833
    i've heard people say this or removing the tailgate on a truck.

but some will say it's a myth because if you put a truck in a wind tunel, you will see that the design causes air to flow over the hood and back down past the rear of the car. If you were to lower your tailgate while driving it would actually cause increased drag.
  • bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    Consumer Reports (CR) tested this 30+ years ago.

Keep the tailgate up. Up the airflow is more efficient that if it is down or removed. And, you should not remove the tailgate because on most trucks it stiffens the sides of the truck - without it the rear sides will start to bend in.

They also tested 'topper' type covers and it just broke even. They thought the added weight overcame any small increase in milage with better air flow.

My guess - a cover would at the best break even. Aren't these covers either fiberglass or thin steel, which has to weigh quite a bit.
  • eddiemeddiem Posts: 6
    How fast do drive? That has a huge impact, and I am seriously considering the Ridgeline. (Below 60 mph will get you decent numbers.) Also, do you have a cover for the back? (The tailgate up does actually decrease resistance because it creates a "layer" of air that directs the air up and over the gate.)
  • beanctrbeanctr Posts: 99
    Typically between 60 and 65 mph (occasionally 70 mph). When I posted the 21.5 MPG I was really babying it and not letting the engine rev too much in each gear. I now have 4500 miles on it and for the past couple of weeks have been driving 100 miles a day (95% freeway) between 60 and 65 mph. During this time, my mileage has been right at 20 mpg and I haven't been as conservative with the throttle. My experience with city driving is the Ridgeline is no different than any other mid-size truck's mileage (in the mid-teens). So far I have been pleased with the mileage.
  • 5553543255535432 Posts: 150
    Been getting lower mileage now (15 mpg mix driving, feather footed, used to get 17.5 the past month)that Maryland weather is getting warmer.I haven't use the aircon since it get so chilly in the truck.I thought it's the winter gasoline mix thats supposed to give out low mileage.Anyone care to provide insights.I'm on my 18000 mile, 4 tires inflated at reccomended psi, and same driving style.What gives?

When the gas prices hits $3.50/gallon by December 2006 as forecasted by a relative who dabbles with the stockmarket, I'm saying goodbye to my baby. :sick: By the way he told me that when spring time comes and people get on roadtrips he told me that gas price on the Exxon gas station 1/2 mile from my house will hit $2.75.Guess what it's $2.73. :cry:

Are you guys still enjoying your Ridge despite the pain in the pump syndrome going on? How do you deal with it.
  • Honda said they will put a diesel in the Ridgeline as soon as they can get it to comply with EPA regulation in all 50 states. Lets hope for better MPG.
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Posts: 833
    gas prices in CA have topped $3.00 for premium - fortunately the Ridgeline takes regular unleaded.

my F150 with it's 35 gallon tank will soon cost me $100 to fill up. gulp :cry:
  • dstromdstrom Posts: 13
    After six months and 5500 miles: Average 18.9 local, 21+ highway, 12.7 pulling my pontoon boat or camper. Just finished a 750 mile round trip to Atlanta at 5 mph above the speed limits (65 to 80 mph) and got 22.7. Keep tire pressures up, install a K&N Air Filter.
  • vijimvijim Posts: 2
    I am concerned that I only get 13 MPG driving around St Croix. On my 4x4 Ford Ranger I got 18 MPG doing the same driving. I expected more.

Is there any adjustment the dealer can make ?

:confuse:
    I've been experimenting a bit with the Ridgeline. Typically I get around 18 mpg. Lately I've been keeping the rpms around 1900 rpms cruising on the highway which puts your speed around 67 mph. This has increased my mileage to 20.3 mpg including highway and city driving. I don't have stop and go traffic jams in my area with extended idleing. Cruising at 75 - 80 mph will eat the gas. If this were the good old days with the mandated 55mph, I think the RL would be cruising below 1500 rpm, probably getting maybe 22mpg, just guessing. keeping it under 2,000 rpms definitly made a difference.

Traveling at 67 mph is also more enjoyable allowing the use of cruise and just listening to XM radio. Slow down and enjoy life. You'll save a few bucks and maybe lower your stress level as well.