Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Midsize Pickup Comparo

1303132333436»

Comments

• the_big_althe_big_al Posts: 1,068
    I have driven everything except the new Fronty, Taco and Ridgeline and I have to say the I have liked the Colorado the best... Granted I am a GM fan and currently drive an S-10. By the time the S-10 went out IMO it was the best all around truck. I felt it had more power (I have always dislikes Toyota's lack of power on the previous Taco), the Ranger I have never liked - it was too bouncy and the inside was too cramped for me. I had my father-in-laws Mazda B2500 for about a week and it was worthless. Granted it wa only the 2.5 (before the 2.3), but even still I hated the inside. I could never get comfortable. My dad has an 02 Crew Cab Fronty and it too was a little low on the power side. There as well the inside was never to my tastes as far as space. The S-10 had lots of grunt from the V6 and decent mileage as long as I don't hot foot it all over the place. Granted it's quality is not that of the Taco but I have been happy with my S-10. I have driven the Colorado and was impressed with the power that it had and the space inside. Not too impressed with the interior itself, but oh well... maybe the way GM is getting better with that aspect the later ones will get better
    Thank you for your comments... I actually didn't have time to finish my post - had to run off and take care of baby, but you are right - before I actually replace my S-10, I won't go and just get a Colorado... Right now I am leaning quite a bit towards the Toyota. I like the styling and the power numbers are impressive. I just don't like the price. I have never been a fan of Nissan's styling so I that would be a hard sell to me. But I have always been a GM fan so maybe, just maybe GM can get it right and redesign or tweak the Colorado that would put at least in the running with the other models...
    Interestingly enough, I went looking for a Colorado the other day and ended up test driving a Z71 2wd Crew Cab (although the Chevy salesman needed to brush up on his knowledge - he had no clue what suspension levels the truck came with and tried to tell me that the Z71 only came in 4x4)... anyway, after test driving I came away fairly impressed with the truck. Haven't had the chance to get to a Tacoma with which I am trying to decide between, but the Colorado sure seemed a lot better than my '01 S-10.
This discussion has been closed.