Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stories from the Sales Frontlines

Comments

• robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,853
    I can tell you one thing - haircuts are not cheap any more. It costs me $15.00 a shot plus tip.

It's all relative I guess. I pay $25 with tip - that's the going rate in my burb for a men's haircut at a salon with a stylist. I don't use barbers anyore - they on seem to know how to cut little boy regulars....
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,769
    My wife cuts my hair. Talk about expensive!

Now that's hilarious! "...do you, tjc's wife, honor, respect, and cut tjc's hair once each month until death do you part?"

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

I try to avoid letting my wife near my neck with sharp objects...

lol...that's funny, too!

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,237
    haircuts are not cheap any more.

You are so right, but I usually have a haircut plus color for about fifty bucks. My first *gray hair appeared at 55 and ever since I have coloring it. Makes me look and feel 15 years younger--but my wife is not amused.

*Wordsmiths, is it gray or grey, what's the correct spelling?
    *Wordsmiths, is it gray or grey, what's the correct spelling?

Both spellings are acceptable. There is no preference for one or the other that I could find.

As for coloring, I used to have jet black hair until I hit 35 - then, the gray/grey hairs started to appear. Now, my hair is silver in color with a few darker strands intermingled with the silver. I've never had a desire to color my hair, but I have so much of it, most people don't believe I am actually 68, but rather in my 50's.

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,320
    Hair care for me is simple. Soap, disposable razor and once dry, a bit of Pledge and a soft buffing cloth .
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,730
    I used to go to a family member, but then there was a divorce and it got awkward, so I now go to a local girl.
    She's just a kid with tatt'ed up arms and some crazy hair color at times.
    Pretty easy for her, #2 every 4 weeks.
    Hair care for me is simple. Soap, disposable razor and once dry, a bit of Pledge and a soft buffing cloth .

Instead of Pledge, try Mr. Clean for that "polished" look!

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,730
    Mike,
    Welcome to the 'lefty' club, even if only temporarily. Maybe you will learn to like it. ;)
    Mike,
    Welcome to the 'lefty' club, even if only temporarily. Maybe you will learn to like it.

Never had much luck with my left hand - my right hand is my friend.

• driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moPosts: 12,177
    Here goes. Woo Hoo, my name is back.

Thank goodness...much better....I felt like I was talking to a long lost relative.

2012 535ix 2013 Audi A4 2013 Passat

• jwm40517jwm40517 Posts: 57
    Not sure either, my wife ,a real woman has had five hernia surgeries in the last 20 years.
    Driver, I don't get why you put quotes around women. What am I missing?

Some people don't realize "women" get hernias. There are basically two kinds, one in the groin, one in stomach area of intestine. The hospital accepts about 60 people to have the operation each week. I was surprised "women" got hernias. Nothing sinister, just thought most people didn't know that....I didn't!

edited May 2013
    o *driver, if the nurse asks me to drop my pants because she wants to shave me, should I be worried?

Yes, that means you are in the wrong department.

Make sure you mark the area with a large marker pen, "This is the Place to work on ---------->"

Really though, good luck with your surgery.

I used to go to a family member, but then there was a divorce and it got awkward, so I now go to a local girl.

I hope you are talking about hair cuts!

Not sure either, my wife ,a real woman has had five hernia surgeries in the last 20 years.

Really, I didn't mean anything by including women. I just thought I would pass on some knowledge, it was a surprise to me. I thought hernias were just a guy thing.

In fact, I told the people at our dinner table I had a new idea...they should take all newborn male babies and they should do a hernia operation on them so they wouldn't have to take time off of work or play to have it done later in life. Just do it when the baby doesn't know what is going on. Apparently, once they do the operation it is stronger than ever, and is almost impossible to ruin.

• fezofezo Posts: 9,359
    Gee, haircuts and hernias. I wandered back in at a great time.....

Well, if nothing else let me post some nice news. Went up Monday for what is now my monthly checkup - follow up. For the first time in many years my platelets have held up over 100 for a couple of months running. This has resulted in the lifting of a couple restrictions (I can have an occasional beer - my wife got me Beck's Dark just to celebrate; I can see the chiropractor again) and has taken me off injectible blood thinners back to coumadin which, of course is just another pill to pop. Last injection was this morning.

Next month they'll test bone marrow again and do the t cell count. If that is OK (by no means a sure thing) they'll start revacicnating me for everything. I have no immunity to all the things we all either had or got vaccinated for ages ago. Went with the old immune system. If the vaccines take without complications I will be clear to resume normal life. The really optimistic projection would be August which would mean at least I'd get a little ocean time (first since 2011). More realistically at least I should be cool at my daughter's wedding in about a year.

Trying to put mental pieces back together. You spend so much time focusing on recovering that you stop doing normal thing - which is why I haven't been around so much. Better times are coming. I got my life back and now concentrating on being the best me that I can be.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,679
    Go to Pete's barber shop on Margate Blvd. where it's an old fashioned barber and costs $12.00 now. Been seeing Steve there for over 4 years now and he's the absolute best! He cuts hair the old way and am completely satisfied!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• 28firefighter28firefighter Posts: 598
    Fezo - This is excellent news! Best wishes for a continued successful recovery!
    Well, if nothing else let me post some nice news.

That is such very good news, fezo. I am so happy for you - also nice to know all our prayers for you have been heard by The Lord. My choice would have been Beck's too. Unfortunately, because of my liver disease, I can 't drink alcohol at all, but an ice cold Beck's sure sound great.

I take warfarin because of a recurring blood clot in my left leg caused by the knee replacement, so I know all about blood thinners too. I just stopped taking the warfarin yesterday due to my upcoming surgery Tuesday. I have to start it again right after surgery.

But the news you shared is soooooo good to hear.

Go to Pete's barber shop on Margate Blvd. where it's an old fashioned barber and costs $12.00 now. Been seeing Steve there for over 4 years now and he's the absolute best! He cuts hair the old way and am completely satisfied!

I've been using Floren in his new Barber Shop on the northeast corner of Wiles and Lyons - it took me a long time to find him and I'm never, ever going any place else. He does such a great job on my hair as well as my Dad's hair, I'd pay $50.00 a haircut if that 's what he charged. Nope, no way would I give up on my barber.

Fezo - This is excellent news! Best wishes for a continued successful recovery!

Good hearing from you again, firefighter. Read your post about the Volvo. I already have 600 miles on the new Mercedes and it just turned 2 weeks old. I won't be driving too much after Monday due to my shoulder surgery - just a couple of blocks twice a week to go to physical therapy around the corner from my house. Once the stitches come out on May 22nd, I'll try driving a bit more - but my long walks will have to be discontinued for a month or two until I can handle it.

I've been in Seattle several times during the summer when I lived on California's desert to get away from the heat. Great city! But as for parking downtown, you are right - cost me an arm and a leg whenever we went into the city to sightsee. I used to enjoy the boat rides on Puget Sound. And the site from the Space Needle is something to behold as is Mt. Rainer.

Mike, just remember this, sometimes, drugs can be our friends! Take it from someone who's in pain all the time, sometimes it's good to get some relief. If the pain is really bad, take 'em as there's no need to suffer needlessly. And if you find that it ain't that bad, do nothing at all. Always good to have that option though just in case! :)

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

Right behind the CVS there...right. There's also a very good Wings Stop over there that we tried a couple weeks back...I was impressed with how good they tasted! Luckily, we have many great restaurants around our area and since it's just the two of us now, we've been eating out a bit more as I'm usually too tired to cook after working as is the wife. And when it comes down to it, it's sometimes cheaper to just eat out...and definitely more enjoyable to!

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,259
    Fezo.....great news. Check in every once in a while to at least let us know how you're doing.
  • houdini1houdini1 Kansas City areaPosts: 5,922
    Good news fezo. You need to post more often !!

2013 LX 570 2010 LS 460 2002 Tacoma 4x4

Gee, haircuts and hernias. I wandered back in at a great time.....

Good to have you back!

Enjoy your Becks....it goes down easy because it has that European feel of the stomach.

• bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,237
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately, because of my liver disease, I can 't drink alcohol at all.... I take warfarin because of a recurring blood clot...

I heard marijuana is an excellent pain killer. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has gone green and now you can legally buy marijuana for medical and recreational use.

Too bad Florida has not yet gone green. With citrus disease ravaging Florida's orange groves, with no cure in sight, marijuana could become a good replacement crop. Easy to grow, potentially strong demand from a large senior population, and the best part of all, fewer criminals and drug dealers.
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    Great news! Keep us posted. Never knew you would need to get all your vacinations again, but now that you say it, it make perfect sense.

Mike and Sandman. You two seem like you live really close to one another. Isn't that funny how that works? We live all over this country BS on the boards only to find a neighbor.

Stickguy and I live less than 10 miles from one another in the same county. Qbrozen and Fezo aren't that far away either.

I believe that Isell and Fintail seem to be very close to one another as well.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,853
    The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has gone green and now you can legally buy marijuana for medical and recreational use.

We did approve medical marijuana but the latter is still prohibited. Prescription required.
This discussion has been closed.