Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stories from the Sales Frontlines

Comments

• bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,230
    Prescription required.

Wink, Wink! :shades:
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,663
    Yes, maybe 10 minutes with traffic...I pass his place whenever I go into work...which was canceled today. he did say there might be something late this afternoon but I'm not getting my hopes up. Summer has hit the Florida rental business! The others assured me that once school lets out, things pick up a bit which is great cause I really want to work now. Feast or famine!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,579
    Fezo - that's such fantastic news! I'm so happy for you;)

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,489
    Hang in there! I hope it all heals up quickly!

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moPosts: 11,993
    edited May 2013
    I was reading about the $90K Tesla winning CR car of the year. It has a range of 200 miles :sick:

CR says it drives like a sports car. Oh well. Then I saw this ad on that page;

That sounds like a pretty good price to pay for a Challenger. Not sure what that last sentence means though.

Also, those wheels look a little funny, wonder if you have to pay extra for tires and discs.

2012 535ix 2013 Audi A4 2013 Passat

WOO-HOO!!!

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

I think that buying a ponycar without a big 'murrican Vee-Eight is tantamount to a crime against nature...

• abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,631
    edited May 2013
    I heard marijuana is an excellent pain killer. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has gone green and now you can legally buy marijuana for medical and recreational use.

Smoking anything is not going to happen in my case. It took me a long time to give up cigarettes (10 years now smoke-free) and I don't want to inhale any type of smoke, no matter what the end benefit might be. I'll stick with the morphine tablets and a TNT pill every couple of days (to relieve the constipation) from the pain killers. I just hope I don't have to take them for very long.

I start therapy 2 days after surgery (already scheduled) - going to be interesting.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

Hang in there! I hope it all heals up quickly!

Thanks, road burner.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,818
    edited May 2013
    I believe it means that they can't honor that price if you want to lease because the factory is only providing the $3500 incentive on a sale.
    I believe it means that they can't honor that price if you want to lease because the factory is only providing the $3500 incentive on a sale.

Yes, that would make sense. And, obviously, it only works if you buy the car outright as if you leased it at that price you would only be paying off a portion of the car and they would lose big time.

Seems awkward inthe way they say it but they do have space limitations I suppose.

I think that buying a ponycar without a big 'murrican Vee-Eight is tantamount to a crime against nature...

You have a good point there, but, on the other hand, that is a pretty nice car for $21K....if you can meet all the requirements.

• robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,818
    ....if you can meet all the requirements.

Which should also include being a hair dresser or a coed spending Daddy's money....
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,579
    I agree - the V8 is the allure of the pony car. The sound of a V8 is worth the price of admission alone. As zipdriver :P found out when he traded in his V6 for a proper V8 Mustang 3 months later.

I do deal with a sales rep who is a car guy. His DD is a 2012 V6 Challenger. Before that, he had a 2010 V6 Challenger. When he went to trade in his 2010 for the 2012, he had his heart set on a V8. He crunched the numbers and just didn't think the extra gas & insurance would be worth it.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

Which should also include being a hair dresser or a coed spending Daddy's money....

....and if you buy the car on a Monday or a Thursday and it has to be an odd day on the calendar, and only between the hours of 3 to 4 PM.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,876
    Seems awkward inthe way they say it but they do have space limitations I suppose.

So do those tires & wheels.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,238
    And here I thought those wheels were a new trend. ;)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,876
    "Do you love the excitement of hydroplaning? Think drivers who enjoy having their vehicle grip the road as they make hairpin turns are 'control freaks'? Think the confidence of keeping the car on the road instead of a ditch is highly overrated? Come see us for the experience of a lifetime - one test drive and you'll be hooked!"

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Think drivers who enjoy having their vehicle grip the road as they make hairpin turns are 'control freaks'?

Maybe they are for people who "don't like the feel of the road".

edited May 2013
    Guy places an ad in Kijiji (just like Craig's List in Canada) and Auto Trader.
    2 Guys come to look at the truck at 9 pm on Monday evening.
    They go for a test drive, he tells his wife he will be back in a few minutes.
    He has been missing ever since.
    His wife makes a heartbreaking appeal to return her husband.
    Appeal for missing man
    Wife makes appeal to return missing husband

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,695
    Did you remember to see if the chicken is done yet? ;)
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,695
    edited May 2013
    My next door neighbor is selling his car, so I made sure I checked out the cars of the people looking at it.
    Locally, the other day through craigslist, a guy met someone to sell his tablet.
    They just walked up to his car shot him and took it. :sick:
    They just walked up to his car shot him and took it.

Each and every year, even day-by-day, elements (people) in our society truly believe they can take whatever they want from people who have what they want. Like it's "their right" to equal the playing field - take from those who have and give to those who don't have. This is echoed by the government in a different strategy - redistribute the wealth in this country - take from those who have so we can give to those who don't.

There is a parallel here - if you philosophically dig deep enough. It's a philosophy and ideology that, for the most part, was never propagated on this country in recent history. The philosophy used to be that if you want something, you work hard, save, and you can buy what you want. Now, either "take" or wait for the government to give.

This is my opinion - at least it has been for the last 10 or so years.

• fezofezo Posts: 9,348
    Mike - when I was going through chemo and into the transplant they gave me a morphine pump. To tell you the truth pain wasn't my main issue but once in a while I ended up taking a shot of the morphine kind of for recreational purposes. I was bored out of my skull and scared stiff at the same time.
    Mike - when I was going through chemo and into the transplant they gave me a morphine pump. To tell you the truth pain wasn't my main issue but once in a while...

I have never used drugs recreationally - mainly because most of them I'm either allergic to or get constipated from them big time. They will probably give me morphine IV for an hour or so after surgery, but I will be driven home 3 or 4 hours later and will have only morphine tablets.

After watching some videos on shoulder orthroscopy, I have a better idea how much pain I will be in.

If anyone is interested in what I will be going through, use this link and my surgeon has several videos.

www.meliortho.com

They just walked up to his car shot him and took it.

Some people are saying if you take someone on a test drive then don't take your wallet or credit cards...take a photocopy of your license.

However, someone coming up and shooting you to take something is hard to protect against.

I think Mike is right....people steal kids running shoes or leather jackets, this is the age of entitlement....get it however you can.

I think this is something to think about though, if you are selling a car privately take proper precautions. You could be in a precarious situation.

• mako1amako1a VirginiaPosts: 1,699
    Around here the worst thing would be checking under the car and your concealed carry piece falls out of the holster and gets a scratch on it.

An armed society is a polite society.

2013 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500 LT HD, 2001 GMC Yukon Denali

• 28firefighter28firefighter Posts: 591
    Thanks, Mike.

Best of luck to you for a speedy recovery as well! Also, congrats on the new Benz!

Seattle has had some great weather this week, but unfortunately I have been stuck in the office for going on 60 hours with both weekend days ahead of me. I escaped tonight for dinner with my wife. We sat outside on Alki beach. It was a wonderful break from reality.
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Posts: 591
    I live about a half hour from Isell and Fin, I believe.
    edited May 2013
    An armed society is a polite society.

Oscar Pistorius's girlfriend may have a different opinion!

I am not advocating one way or the other, but, there must be a better way, and, I think, it is somewhere in the middle.

This discussion has been closed.