Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stories from the Sales Frontlines

Comments

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 6,549
    edited February 9

BTW, the only real hooptie still in my fleet is the van. I didn't include one son's 93 caddie or the other's 98 Buick even though dear ole' dad usually gets stuck paying the repair bills.

2009 PT Cruiser, 2008 Eclipse, 1995 Mark VIII, 1988 GMC Van

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 1,965

@driver100 said: How did I do with pirhannas (probably needs a capital P)?

Not so good... ;)

2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

• jmonroejmonroe Pittsburgh areaPosts: 5,540

@oldfarmer50 said: Yea! Thanks Stick. jmonroe, try what he posted. If a lummox like me can do it anyone can.

Thanks 'stick'. I tried it too and it works now.

I was thinking about doing it the way you suggested but figured that was stupid because I had already put that info in the box on the profile page where it asked for what cars you own. I should have known to try it since everything else in this new format seems stupid to me. :@

I hope like hell that I don't start thinking like the guy that set up this site does...I'll never make it out of the parking lot at work without someone looking for me. :'(

jmonroe

'09 Genesis V8 and '12 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,594

I can fix this. Now need to figure out setting up my new iPhone. Old one decided today to fry itself. So off to Genius Bar to get new one under warranty. Managed to get re synced and stuff back. All but iMessage. Hopefully that is just a timing issue. Because I don't want to go back!

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,315

@oldfarmer50 said: Let's see if this works.

It adds a certain sense of style to your pots now that we know all the rides on the farm. B)

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,722
    edited February 9

@oldfarmer50 At Verizon you can get an iphone 4 for 99 cents if you sign up for 2 years. My wife and kids are on at least their 3rd generation of iphone and never had a problem. Of course, they always got the newest version. I gave up my 10+ year old phone. I hoping with the Fusion, the rear trunk gasket can be repositioned or replaced. The water is definitely coming through it. I can see the dried soap from the car wash on it.

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,315

@jayrider said: posts not pots

• abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,751
    DON'T YOU JUST LOVE LIMMERICKS?

I once new a man from Decatur
    Who loved to cook meals for a caterer
    When delivering meals
    He drove his hot wheels
    Through the aisles of his Bijou theater!

I knew a bright man with illusions
    Who drove nothing but fashionable Fusions
    Until one November
    An FBI member
    Arrested him for fraudulent collusions!

I remember my grandfather Sammy
    Who ran over this guy In Miami
    He hemmed and he hawed
    When arrested for fraud
    For driving his sister-in-law's Camry!

My Dad, who drove nothing but Pontiacs
    Honked horns at those Florida maniacs
    They speeded on highways
    Double-parked and blocked driveways
    And hated insufferable insomniacs!

LAST ONE.....

Remember that man from Orlando
    Who served as a spy and commando
    Til one day at sea
    He was stung by a bee
    And was buried in his old Ford Ranchero!

I hope you all enjoyed these creations with a mention of cars in each.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moPosts: 12,159

@snakeweasel said:When I tried out the Tesla I didn't find it to small, and I am 6'2" and back then weighed in around 235 or so.

That's really odd........I always thought you were 5'10" or 5'11".

2012 535ix 2013 Audi A4 2013 Passat

@abacomike said: DON'T YOU JUST LOVE LIMMERICKS?

I guess no one liked my limericks. That's the most creative I get - so - boo-hoo!

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,248

@abacomike said: ...limericks. That's the most creative I get - so - boo-hoo!

Don't feel bad. They don't ask me to sing to them while I'm driving either. :grin http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/imidazol97/15daed45-1.gif

@imidazol97 said;
    "Don't feel bad. They don't ask me to sing to them while I'm driving either."

Maybe we should threaten them to either like our artistic ventures or we'll sing to them!

@abacomike said: imidazol97 said;
    Maybe we should threaten them to either like our artistic ventures or we'll sing to them!

I give up. I like em, I like em !!! :'(

jmonroe

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,752

@jmonroe said: I was wondering the same thing about getting my rides to appear.

Sorry all of you are just getting words describing your ride to appear.

I am going to get my ride to appear.

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

@abacomike said: DON'T YOU JUST LOVE LIMMERICKS? I hope you all enjoyed these creations with a mention of cars in each.

Forget limericks, the best car related poems are these:

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

@snakeweasel said: I am going to get my ride to appear.

I think that ain't legal. :o

jmonroe

@snakeweasel said: I am going to get my ride to appear.

@jmonroe said: I think that ain't legal

Not sure what that means, but it doesn't sound good ;)

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,722

Bought an ebook for my new tablet today. I started reading it, but the next challenge is to see if I can find it again. Going to call the car dealer tomorrow about the water in the trunk of the Fusion, just to let them know about it. I'm going to keep my eye on it and bring it in, if I notice it again.

@driver100 said: Not sure what that means, but it doesn't sound good

It means that instead of stating what my ride is in my signature I put picture of it there. B)

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 6,549

@snakeweasel said:

Re: Burma Shave

Use to love them as a kid when we'd be on family outings in the country.

One I still remember and recite to my kids on the school bus.

"Don't stick you arm

Out the window too far...

It might go home

In another car.

Burma Shave

2009 PT Cruiser, 2008 Eclipse, 1995 Mark VIII, 1988 GMC Van

edited February 9

C> @snakeweasel said:It means that instead of stating what my ride is in my signature I put picture of it there.

Cool........but are you going to sign that way after every post? You'll use up too much internet space!

Those are very popular cars in Florida...I see lots of them. I don't see lots of convertibles in Florida, but those are quite common. I see quite a few Caddies and Lincolns with phony convertible roofs. My wife pointed out a Caddie and she said that car is a convertible. I said, no it isn't, it has 4 doors on it.......it's a phony convertible.

@jmonroe said:
    "I give up. I like em, I like em !!!"

I had a feeling you'd come to my way of thinking, jmonroe. Now wasn't that easy?

@oldfarmer50 said: Use to love them as a kid when we'd be on family outings in the country.

I remember finding a book in our library of Burma Shave sayings along with a history and location list of some kind.

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,275

@imidazol97 said: I remember finding a book in our library of Burma Shave sayings along with a history and location list of some kind.

It's called "Verse by the Side of the Road," and I have a copy. I think it's still available from the usual sources. Our family very much enjoyed reading the Burma Shave signs on the long otherwise empty stretches of highway in New Mexico.

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,253

@snakeweasel said:

Snake.....COOL CAR!

@abacomike said: jmonroe said: I had a feeling you'd come to my way of thinking, jmonroe. Now wasn't that easy?

In a way…almost like knowingly dousing down poison quickly so it won’t hurt you!

jmonroe

@cdnpinhead said: It's called "Verse by the Side of the Road,"

IIRC, it tells how they planned and went around posting the signs.

@jmonroe said: "In a way…almost like knowingly dousing down poison quickly so it won’t hurt you!"

Poison is intended to "kill"! My limericks are intended to entertain. So based upon your response, it would seem that you look upon my limericks as a mere "death penalty"! Good grief, I didn't think they were that bad - but knowing you are "NEVER" wrong, jmonroe, I'll take your word for it!

@imidazol97 said: "IIRC, it tells how they planned and went around posting the signs"

imidazol, that picture of the Bonneville or Catalina (can't tell which from the picture) sure is "LARGE"! Are you considering posting a "lifesize" image of that car in the near future? If so, it should take up several pages of space on the forum.

edited February 10

@abacomike said: that picture of the Bonneville or Catalina

Catalina. The clean beautiful lines. Compare to some cars today.

This discussion has been closed.