Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stories from the Sales Frontlines

Comments

• driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moPosts: 11,695
    Dodge gives Farm Bureau members a $500 discount on trucks.

But, if we all have a little farmer in all of us we should all get the discount.

2012 535ix 2013 Audi A4 2013 Passat

I did have it right. The official that didn't call the hold on the niners' last play screwed it up.

Yeh, and if the guy hadn't run it back 108 yards you would have been right, and if the 49ers scored in the last 3 minutes you would have been right.......

While I am here I vote for the Dodge Ram/Farmer ads. They were clever and enjoyable and I learned something.

I must be getting old. I know Beyonce is very beautiful and she has a great voice, but was that music?

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    There's a good reason why we only allow a 30-minute window for members to edit/delete their own posts. Wouldn't want to get rid of the "evidence," you know.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• sterlingdogsterlingdog North CarolinaPosts: 6,888
    It was the power failure. It sapped the official's momentum and he just couldn't see well enough to call the hold. :shades: ;) Also, the half time show distracted him for the remainder of the evening. :D

Richard
  • sterlingdogsterlingdog North CarolinaPosts: 6,888
    Since when does this motley crew ever edit or delete their own postings? :P

Richard
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,174
    at least he made up for it by not calling the receiver for a push off either.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    True... no shame, I tell ya!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• verdugoverdugo Posts: 1,987
    I can't believe #29 for the Ravens didn't get ejected. It was obvious that he shoved the referee. Lame.
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,328
    Maybe you could arrange something like giving a few of us to edit and/or delete some posts by other people.

Heap big fun I tell you!
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,304
    edited February 2013
    I took my son's X3 in for an Oil Service today and my dealer gave me a new X1 loaner. I drove it to a hearing located in a town @100 miles away. Herewith my impressions:

While our X3 handles almost like a 3 Series, the X1 drives better than a new 3 Series. Unlike the current 3er, the X1 still uses a hydraulic steering rack that lets you know exactly what the front wheels are doing. The ride is on the soft side of firm. The interior is functional and attractive; most all of the instrumentation and switchgear has been lifted from the previous(E9x) generation 3 Series- which suits me just fine. The only nod to form over function is the "beer tap" shifter- an excellent example of a Bavarian answer to a question no one has asked.

This car had the start/stop enabled and it seemed to function much more smoothly than in the new 5ers and 3ers I have driven. Vibration was minimal, and I couldn't tell the engine had stopped without looking at the tach. Most of my time was cruising at 70 or better on the interstate, so I activated the "Eco Pro" mode, which is the über-efficient fuel economy mode. According to the OBC I averaged 29.7 mpg. The OBC also alleged that the Eco Pro mode allowed me to travel 30 miles further on the fuel consumed. And speaking of Eco Pro, it's a great feature to use at a steady cruise, but it is unpleasant in city/suburban driving; Eco Pro softens up response to the accelerator to the point that you think you are driving a car with 55 bhp.

So, would I buy an X1? If I needed AWD capability with BMW driving dynamics-and I could live without a third pedal-it would be my first choice. I'd really like to try an X1 M Sport; I suspect that it is a much more involving drive than most anything in Munich's US line up aside from the 1 Series and the ///M cars...

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

I'd really like to try an X1 M Sport; I suspect that it is a much more involving drive than most anything in Munich's US line up aside from the 1 Series and the ///M cars...

Just for the fun of it I would love to hear your impressions of an Audi A4 with manual.

btw, I enjoyed reading your review. I think the Audi will lack the power you are used to, unless you try an S-Line model, but, I think it has good old Euro
    handling and suspension.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,416
    Terrific X1 write up Roadburner. The X1 you drive was a 4cyl? With careful planning, it is possible to keep the X1's price reasonable.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

edited February 2013
    Thanks; I might well like the Audi, the A4 I drove several years ago was a nice sports sedan.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

Thanks! Yes, the one I drove was a 2.8. For some reason this four didn't feel as rough as the ones in the 528i and 328i I drove. My dealer has a Le Mans Blue X1 M Sport for 38,895. Heated seats and the panorama roof are the only options. The only other options I'd really like would be Xenons and H-K sound- but BMW NA bundles those with other equipment groups so they wind up costing much more than I'm willing to pay...

• jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    After watching the poor performance by both teams, by the power invested in me by the state of Kentucky... and edmunds, I declare the Dallas cowboys and Tony Romo world champs.

Also, I think it was fezo or oldfarmer that cut the juice off in the 3rd quarter.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,416
    I know you are an audiophile. I'm not sure which radio your wife's 328i has, but my car has the base stereo & it is sort of on the weak side.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,163
    I took the plunge and switched from DSL to FIOS Voice and Internet 15/5 Mbps download/upload speeds. But so far I am underwhelmed. It took the tech over three hours to run a fiber optics line from across the street into my house and to hook it up to a rather large back-up power unit in my garage. One positive thing I can say is that the workman was very neat.

Perhaps I was asking for too much but is FIOS more hype than speed? And how can I test my upload and down speeds?
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,744
    www.speedtest.net
  • bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,163
    www.speedtest.net

Thanks robr2. I tried the speed test site and it revealed a download speed of 15.65 Mbps and an upload speed of 5.25 Mbps. So, it appears I am getting what I am paying for but I can't really notice the speed difference from DSL.
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,328
    Also, I think it was fezo or oldfarmer that cut the juice off in the 3rd quarter.

Yeah. OK. Who the heck turned them back on?

And they worry that next year in Jersey we might have snow.... Awwwww.
This discussion has been closed.